Kastaneer, the new Kevin Malaga? (1 Viewer)

KersleyDigs

Does anyone have any info on what is actually going on here?

He has got to be on his way surely? Couldn't settle I expect....

SlowerThanPlatt

It’s not that surprising it hasn’t worked out really. Looking at his 3 seasons before he joined us, he’s of use for about 8 full games a season - currently he’s played 188 minutes so just over 2 full games

SlowerThanPlatt

18/19: 968 minutes
17/18: 418 minutes
16/17: 952 minutes

Jamie Allen for example played over 1,200 more league minutes last season than Kastaneer has in his last 3 seasons

higgs

We shouldn't take a chance on these foreign signings unless they have already played a few seasons in the English football league so that we know they have settled

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ring Of Steel

It’s not that surprising it hasn’t worked out really. Looking at his 3 seasons before he joined us, he’s of use for about 8 full games a season - currently he’s played 188 minutes so just over 2 full games
Yes, there should be a rule that we should never sign anyone unless they’ve played loads of games in the top divisions. As you’ve already said, Robins has loads of money to spend so shouldn’t be a problem.

TTG

We shouldn't take a chance on these foreign signings unless they have already played a few seasons in the English football league so that we know they have settled/QUOTE]
Well somebody has to.

Ring Of Steel

We shouldn't take a chance on these foreign signings unless they have already played a few seasons in the English football league so that we know they have settled

If you say so, Boris.

It’s a completely ridiculous statement and a stupid thing to say. Do we have the money to go out and buy loads of seasoned , experienced players? Do you think we have the option of waiting until a player’s value has increased before trying to buy him? This is all nonsense. The way we have to find players, every single one of them is a calculated risk- the only exception being Godden where we have the right to expect a good return on £734k.

SlowerThanPlatt

Yes, there should be a rule that we should never sign anyone unless they’ve played loads of games in the top divisions. As you’ve already said, Robins has loads of money to spend so shouldn’t be a problem.

I’m not sure where I said that in my post, can you point it out?

Magwitch

You are correct, I mean no way should Liverpool have signed Mo Sala or Man City bought Sergio Aguero before they had a season or two at Tranmere Rovers or Rochdale.

SeaSeeEffCee

Saw this coming a mile off the minute we signed him. No idea why people were acting like he was going to be one of the best players in the league based off a YouTube video and not much else.

Ring Of Steel

Backtracking? You said I said something I didn’t say, I ask you to point it out, you say you can’t and I’m backtracking?
You said that it was no surprise to you, the football genius, that we haven’t seen the best of him yet due to a lack of games. I corrected you appropriately and said that we can’t afford to go out and splash money on experienced players, then you just denied saying that. So yes, stop backtracking, and smarten up- we have no money to wait for players to get experience and therefore valued higher before buying. You should know this.

SlowerThanPlatt

You said that it was no surprise to you, the football genius, that we haven’t seen the best of him yet due to a lack of games. I corrected you appropriately and said that we can’t afford to go out and splash money on experienced players, then you just denied saying that. So yes, stop backtracking, and smarten up- we have no money to wait for players to get experience and therefore valued higher before buying. You should know this.

Kastaneer has been a first team player for 3 seasons and I’ve pointed out his records at them clubs - he hardly gets on the pitch. Do you think it is a mere coincidence the same has happened here after a few months?

SlowerThanPlatt

I’m not concerned by the insults and attempts to mock me, I just wish your points were more well founded and based on fact.

I have - Kastaneer is worth about 8 games a season over the last 3 seasons. Currently his league minutes for CCFC is just over 2 games.

He has now been put in the 23s and in the last game didn’t even get off the bench.

ccfchoi87

If you say so, Boris.

It’s a completely ridiculous statement and a stupid thing to say. Do we have the money to go out and buy loads of seasoned , experienced players? Do you think we have the option of waiting until a player’s value has increased before trying to buy him? This is all nonsense. The way we have to find players, every single one of them is a calculated risk- the only exception being Godden where we have the right to expect a good return on £734k.

Yes we do have the money. We went out and signed Fadz, Marosi, Allen and Godden who are all experienced and good league one players. Oh no wait, our budget is the same as Doncaster and Burton who we knicked them off

Ring Of Steel

Yes we do have the money. We went out and signed Fadz, Marosi, Allen and Godden who are all experienced and good league one players. Oh no wait, our budget is the same as Doncaster and Burton who we knicked them off
You’re on a loop- it has already been established that there is no money, Robins gets a bit of whatever he generates. Catch up.

cc84cov

Exactly this waste of time effort & money

“he’s a bit of a coup he shouldn’t be in league 1” #Twat

mmttww

He is garbage unfortunately, oh well you win some you lose some.

Don't think this player warrants any more discussion than this post. Folks need to find something more interesting to think and talk about, preferably something that's actually relevant to where we currently find ourselves. Pondering the finer points of why this one signing didn't work out seems bizarre to me.

Last edited:

higgs

Marosi is a prime example another team took a risk bringing him over to the UK he settled played well and then we got him on a free. Not a risk like kastaneer and on a free aswell. Jobello was a stupid signing having already had two acl injuries in the past.

higgs

You are correct, I mean no way should Liverpool have signed Mo Sala or Man City bought Sergio Aguero before they had a season or two at Tranmere Rovers or Rochdale.
They can afford to make expensive mistakes in the transfer window we can't. Every penny counts in our situation

usskyblue

All this thread proves... is you’re all obviously spent moaning about Mark Robins.

As far as the player, I blame the useless tosser that signed him.

Users who are viewing this thread