Kastaneer, Allen, Godden (1 Viewer)

KersleyDigs

Looking forward to seeing them in the team. I would say they have been bought in as our 'star players'

Allen has a very good record and is a proven scoring midfielder at this level.

Kastaneer is said to be a real coup as he is way better than this level.

Godden is a proven, consistent scorer at this level.

Jobello I thought looked the real deal yesterday. I think he will be fantastic for us more so when he settles a bit.

We have to have faith in these 4 guys as it is where the money's gone! If Jodi Jones comes back in January we could be in a very nice position!

D

Deleted member 2477

Fully agree mate the team needs time to gel and whilst yesterday wasnt a great performance all teams go through games like that. It wasnt helped by the worst officials ive seen and denied us the three points.

Unfortunately as we saw on here yesterday some cant wait to post about how crap we are, Robins hasnt got a clue etc etc and got help us if we dont pick up three points the next game they will all be on here calling for Robins head and bring back Chaplin

ccfcway

Looking forward to seeing them in the team. I would say they have been bought in as our 'star players'

Godden is a proven, consistent scorer at this level.

Jobello I thought looked the real deal yesterday. I think he will be fantastic for us more so when he settles a bit.

We have to have faith in these 4 guys as it is where the money's gone! If Jodi Jones comes back in January we could be in a very nice position!

They are only our star players until they play one game for us, then they become wastes of money

Exit Stage Left

Completely agree with you that these players could make a big difference, but who actually said Gervane Kastaneer is "a real coup and way better then this level"? I hope you are right, but I think we should wait until he has played a few league games before we pass judgement and start saying he is "way better" then League One level.

lord_garrincha

Agree with the Allen bit, but not sure about Kastaneer being way better than this level, and if he was, then there is usually an underlying issue as to why they are at the said level... but happy to be proven wrong.

speedie87

I remember Mowbray saying that Bulgarian lad was too good for lge 1 level - and he blatantly wasn’t as it turned out

stupot07

Tbf Allen has 19 league goals in 204 appearances, last season was his best scoring season 7 in 43 apps, so could be the exception rather than the rule, a bit like Moussa's 1 season for us.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

higgs

It's still pre season for us as we have so many new players it will take a while to gel

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ceetee

At the Southam Supporters meeting on Tuesday, Allen said he would be back for the Bristol game

Evo1883

Oh yeah, forgot the behind closed doors friendly and theres no record on cov wiki page. Joint top scorer with Biamou in preseason then.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

He's definitely a promising looking player, big fast and powerful who looks like he can chip in... I just worry he's maybe a bit injury prone, time will tell

Mind you that pitch at rugby was awful and it's hardly a surprise somebody got injured

CCFC54321

Doesn’t matter if these are good players or not. 4-3-3 is not a system in league 1 that will get the best out of the forwards. Robins over complicates it.

Evo1883

Doesn’t matter if these are good players or not. 4-3-3 is not a system in league 1 that will get the best out of the forwards. Robins over complicates it.

I think id rather we played 4231 tbh

Loan in a defensive midfielder to play next to Kelly

Pask can play defensive midfield right?

442 another option obviously

1234CCFC

He's definitely a promising looking player, big fast and powerful who looks like he can chip in... I just worry he's maybe a bit injury prone, time will tell

Mind you that pitch at rugby was awful and it's hardly a surprise somebody got injured

Looking at Gervane Kastaneer - Injury history 'knee' injury seems to be the one that has occurred twice but the long run out he had was Oct - Dec but after that he was injury free for the rest of the season and has been free till he injured the ankle in pre-season. Fingers crossed though as the Youtube highlights (yes I know anyone can look good in certain clips), he does look fairly impressive!

PVA

Kastaneer - Godden - Jobello

Definitely looks a more threatening front 3 on paper tban

Hiwula - Baka - Jobello.

Most looking forward to Allen though. It'll be interesting to see who drops out, Shipley or Westbrooke.

cc84cov

Kastaneer - Godden - Jobello

Definitely looks a more threatening front 3 on paper tban

Hiwula - Baka - Jobello.

Most looking forward to Allen though. It'll be interesting to see who drops out, Shipley or Westbrooke.
Westbrooke for my money MR likes Shipley box to box energy

mark82

The Breda fans certainly weren't keen on Kastaneer. He'll need time I think.

They were relegated from the top flight in Holland last year. Think back to our relegation seasons and think about how many players you'd genuinely have been sorry to see leave. It clouds your judgement. It's also a lower level to the Eredivisie, and he had a decent spell out injured the middle of last year (about 3 months) where after he returned he was likely recovering still.

Our head of recruitment called him a coup, time will tell but you don't say that about someone who's been brought in to be a squad player.

cc84cov

They were relegated from the top flight in Holland last year. Think back to our relegation seasons and think about how many players you'd genuinely have been sorry to see leave. It clouds your judgement. It's also a lower level to the Eredivisie, and he had a decent spell out injured the middle of last year (about 3 months) where after he returned he was likely recovering still.

Our head of recruitment called him a coup, time will tell but you don't say that about someone who's been brought in to be a squad player.
He’s played higher level that league 1 I feel looking at it probably why they feel he was a coup but time will tell how was he in pre season ?

mark82

He’s played higher level that league 1 I feel looking at it probably why they feel he was a coup but time will tell how was he in pre season ?

Suspect they feel he's a coup because they scouted him and liked him. The recruitment guy said he's been tracking him since his days at Wolves.

cc84cov

Suspect they feel he's a coup because they scouted him and liked him. The recruitment guy said he's been tracking him since his days at Wolves.
You tube clips are 2 years old probably from them nothing recent on there.

Users who are viewing this thread