Jutkiewicz or Clingan? (1 Viewer)

Bertola

If Sisu have decided that we need to sell someone to balance the books it's likely to be one of Lukas or Sammy as they're both being linked with other clubs.

If this is the case which one would you prefer to keep hold of?

Sammy,
Captain, Playmaker, Set piece taker, Someone who's absence has always coincided with a bad run of form

However he only has one year left on his contract, and will probably leave for free if not sold, and has missed large chunks of both seasons he's been here through injury.

Lukas
Young improving striker, has several years left on his contract so his value should only rise, selling Jue would leave us with just Eastwood, Platt and ROD as our attacking options.

It's a tough decision, and I would hope that neither have to be sold, but wages need to be paid and costs need to be cut.

The thought of Platt, Eastwood and ROD as our only strikers (Mcsheff is an attacking midfielder) scares me, but so does the thought of no Sammy Clingan, as the side would suddenly look very inexperienced.

So if one has to go, who would you want to keep?

pusbccfc

Keep lucas over clingan all day

Keep the Juke is my choice

We have more midfield options to cover Sammy - Degan, Baker, Thomas etc.

The Juke is going to be the surprise package of this league as his latter form promised last season.

Deceptively good in the air, good feet, strong in possession this lad can only get better.

PUSB

Knowledge

Don't forget though, Lucas played his best football with King as partner, as King would pull defenders out of position with his movement leaving more space and less attention for Lucas.

rob9872

This is like picking which one of your nan's you want to die first (easy for me as one was a right old cow).

Is this what we can expect from our board? They will let us vote and they say "well its your fault, you chose to sell him"

For a short term economic decision we would lose Juke as he would command the higher transfer fee that will appeal to the board, from a longer term one we would lose Clingan as he could leave for free enxt year, but the simple answer for me is neither. We are down to the bare bones and these are probably our two most important players. I woudl be pained to lose either. However, with the right offers expect to see both go. :(

musicmanskyblue

Thing is... I can't see the team/squad benefiting if we receive a fee or not for any players. Sisu will only use it to recoup losses etc anyway, and won't invest anything in the actual team. It's damage limitation for me... Just praying we can hold onto what we still have at least.

SkyBlueMania

Rather lose Juke, don't rate him that highly and Clingan would be much harder to replace, can find a 5 goal a season striker anywhere.

Sky Blue Sheepy

I love Jukiewicz, I really do - but the team is currently built around Clingan's ability to spray the ball pretty much anywhere he likes. Juke I think has improved tremendously and I really want him to say - but we don't know how big K**g's influence was on his improvement and, therefore, how well Juke can doing being the main threat upfront.

J

Jack Griffin

I suspect SISU will off load one or even both, but will Andy Thorn stay at the club if they do?
He previously hinted in the press Clingan was central to his plans.
Why should he get a relegation on his CV and let SISU use him to take the shit that would follow, I know I wouldn't!

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
not if were going to be allowed pick if sisu get bids for both of them there gone and dont think we will replace them.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
I'd keep Juke! Looking at our team rite now it seems on paper that we are trying to get young players to last us. Extending Jutkiewicz contract would be great but i don't think we are likely to keep him for long.. Like i say 15 plus this season for the Juke.

blueflint

we will lose both if the price is right come on down will mean that literally :wave:

Nonleagueherewecome

We simply must keep both, and as others have said the money from sales would just go to SISU-not signing new players.

If we had to lose one, it'd have to be Lukas. I rate Sammy as our best player by some distance, and he's crucial to our style of play. In addition, AT has more than just indicated that he isn't for sale-he said that he's absolutely vital to his plans, and that Sammy is very happy here. Wheras Aron alluded to AT being the man to get the best out of him-before going for the money-Sammy knows that he'll play the best football of his career under AT and become a guy who lower Prem clubs will be eyeing. Unless SISU sell him against AT's wishes (always possible!), he's going nowhere. If he goes, I want my season ticket money back! Gael and Conor may be great prospects, but not in Sammys class yet.

oakey

We simply must keep both, and as others have said the money from sales would just go to SISU-not signing new players.

If we had to lose one, it'd have to be Lukas. I rate Sammy as our best player by some distance, and he's crucial to our style of play. In addition, AT has more than just indicated that he isn't for sale-he said that he's absolutely vital to his plans, and that Sammy is very happy here. Wheras Aron alluded to AT being the man to get the best out of him-before going for the money-Sammy knows that he'll play the best football of his career under AT and become a guy who lower Prem clubs will be eyeing. Unless SISU sell him against AT's wishes (always possible!), he's going nowhere. If he goes, I want my season ticket money back! Gael and Conor may be great prospects, but not in Sammys class yet.

Agreeing with you again!

+ I would add that selling your captain after you have made a big song and dance about building the team around him would be very bad for the morale of the entire squad, not to mention the long suffering fans.
For me it would feel like the final kick in the teeth and admission that SISU are happy with a relegation battle.
Don't want Juke to go either, mind.

Nonleagueherewecome

No, selling Lukas after losing King would be close to the final straw for me too. And AT has made as-positive comments about him as he has Sammy. I might be wrong, but I think AT scouted him for Everton before they signed him, as well as us. His potential is very high, as we saw in particular against Watford when he was completely unplayable. He's not interesting Premiership teams for nothing. But wheras losing Lukas would take maybe 15% away from our effectiveness, I think losing Sammy would take around 40%!

Users who are viewing this thread