Justice For Cov Fan (1 Viewer)

SBT

Absolutely insane. That policeman should be in prison for many, many years. Instead he gets a written warning. Third world stuff.

matesx

Nothing changes.

Thugs in uniform.... they always win.

Cunts

shy_tall_knight

In life we are often provoked but we force ourselves to act restrained as it is the proper thing to do, inappropriate overreactions should have consequences what is most annoying here is that there was a reasonable passage of time for the PC to have let the red mist clear but he was acting like a chav who had been disrespected.

Didn't our glorious owners ban all "banners" from the stadium due to it being a fire hazard, I know I blame SISU for a lot of things but wasn't this incident sparked by a banner being removed ?

chiefdave

Fair play to PC X for putting the complaint in.

Seems without him doing that there would have been no action at all taken against the offending officer and Wynn would still be banned from going to games.

Article shows everything that is wrong with the police and the legal system. Instead of coming out and saying they were in the wrong they closed ranks and he was forced to go through a lengthy legal process. Suspect if he hadn't had assistance that would have been an unaffordable route to take.

chiefdave

Didn't our glorious owners ban all "banners" from the stadium due to it being a fire hazard, I know I blame SISU for a lot of things but wasn't this incident sparked by a banner being removed ?

Stewards waded in to remove SISU out banners. Predictably it all kicked off and the police got involved.

Makes you laugh really. We have a group that refuses to let the away fans anywhere near the home fans or make use of the train station but I bet they didn't do anything about the stewards behaviour.

RegTheDonk

Fair play to PC X for putting the complaint in. Is he related to Malcolm does anyone know? :)

Weather it was because he was righting a wrong or worried that inaction would make him just as culpable, who knows...just glad he stepped up.

Custody Officer also needs a warning, if the fan was under arrest then he was in his care.

oucho

Good to see some justice done - nothing worse than when thugs in a position of power can abuse their authority, and get protected by their colleagues. Hate it that people like Alsopp think they can act with impunity.

Reminds me of another story from when QPR got promoted to the Champ from L1 a few years ago...it was at Hillsboro. One of their lads who sells a fanzine was told at the turnstile by a steward that he couldn't bring in his bag of fanzines. The bloke pleads that he has nowehre to stash them, but no. He pegs it off to the nearby housing estate and finally gets a householder to take the ganzines off him for the duration of the game. (remember this is his promotion day and the game has kicked off at this point). He rusn back to the ground, same steward demands to see his ticket (match now underway so no-one else is around outside the ground). He gives over his ticket, only for the steward to look around to ensure no-one is looking, pockets the ticket and tells the bloke "now fuck off". Despite pleading, he wasn't allowed in (plus it was an all ticket game). Reclaimed his fanziens but had to decamp to the pub whilst his mates in the ground celebrated promotion clinching win without him.

He put in a complaint to SWFC who actually used a private contractor for the stewards - think the bloke got sacked in the end (the QPR fan had taken down his number) but that was still he promotion day and outing from London to Sheffield ruined.

shy_tall_knight

Were the Police that day were acting on the instruction of the club or ACL regarding banners. Would the police have acted the sameway had it been a WASPS rugby fan. Whilst I recognise that football still attracts a minority of troublemakes compared to rugby, that I was in the stand about 2 blocks away and that was not a highly charged armospher there was no risks / threat which warranted a heavy handed approach.

It was an ugly incident that was avoidable.

Bob Latchford

Delighted the fan got justice !

oucho

The video is shocking for those who haven't seen it. Showed it to the mrs and she was gobsmacked and scathing about the police approach.

M&B Stand

Were the Police that day were acting on the instruction of the club or ACL regarding banners. Would the police have acted the sameway had it been a WASPS rugby fan. Whilst I recognise that football still attracts a minority of troublemakes compared to rugby, that I was in the stand about 2 blocks away and that was not a highly charged armospher there was no risks / threat which warranted a heavy handed approach.

It was an ugly incident that was avoidable.

The Club or ACL can't instruct the police to do anything. Is this really what people think?

Terry Gibson's perm

I haven't read it all yet but will later, would the policeman now have a football banning order do he can't pick up the football overtime, would have been interesting to see how long in prison the chap would have got it was the other way around

D

Deleted member 4439

Truly shocking. The senior officer(s) in this case should be either greatly demoted (with impact on pensions) or else simply sacked.

A simply appalling state of affairs.

The fact that the case was won through the support of another PC highlights, as Mark has said, that there are good and bad. It's worrying, however, that the police are simply allowed to brush under the carpet the action of senior officers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Astute

It wasn't very long ago on here that some wouldn't believe what had been witnessed by some of us on here regarding violence by police officers. Well there you go.

skybluetony176

Pretty shocking video. The police are lucky that the actions of that officer didn't start a riot. Now all the details are out you have to say well done to the fans in that area for acting with such restraint. Yes there was shouting, pushing and jeering but it could have quickly escalated and the fact that it didn't isn't down to the police.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

you'll only have to watch the police after the game saturday to realize how bad they are everytime we play a team with any kind of rep for trouble the police arrive up for a fight and usually end up causing the trouble with their over handed approach

SBT

Will the club or the Ricoh have anything to say about this? A defenceless supporter was attacked beneath the stadium on a matchday. If the SBT or SCG don't ask questions about this it'll be a travesty.

oucho

Going point...what happened to the Sky Blue Trust? They've been very quiet other than a couple of their guys attending SCG meetings.

Sick Boy

Will the club or the Ricoh have anything to say about this? A defenceless supporter was attacked beneath the stadium on a matchday. If the SBT or SCG don't ask questions about this it'll be a travesty.

What do the actions of a thug have to do with either of them? As Astute said, many pointed out that a lot of police behave in way, it's not a surprise to many.

skybluetony176

So they can ask the police to give fans a kick in? Is this really being spun as a hit ordered by the club? Ha

I would think he meant around the removal of SISU OUT banners. That was after all the nucleus for the confrontation in the first place.

M&B Stand

the club or ACL can ask stewards or police to do anything they want.

Agree they can get stewards to do something. But not the old bill, Police are civil servants, policing is done by consent in this country. If you know your rights and be confident, don't let yourself be goaded into an argument by them they'll leave you alone. Especially if you've done nowt wrong.

Astute

Agree they can get stewards to do something. But not the old bill, Police are civil servants, policing is done by consent in this country. If you know your rights and be confident, don't let yourself be goaded into an argument by them they'll leave you alone. Especially if you've done nowt wrong.

You have either led a sheltered life or been lucky not to come across one of the bad ones.

Moff

You have either led a sheltered life or been lucky not to come across one of the bad ones.

Or perhaps you have been unlucky or been in the wrong place at the wrong time?

In 40 odd years I have never had any trouble with any, including when out in town, at the football, being stopped in my car etc.
When we won 2-1 at Spurs all those years ago to stay in the premier league, I was standing on my seat and fell off it whilst a little worse for wear straight onto a Met officer knocking him over. Him and his mate couldnt stop laughing, helped me to my feet and we had a joke about it, he wasnt angry or upset, he just thought it was funny, as did his colleagues.

I am not saying that some Police arent tools, like any job you will always get some, but not all.

Users who are viewing this thread