Just wondering where this new found belief came from (1 Viewer)

Otis

I would just counter that and say that if you play most of your football in your own half you are much more likely to let goals in.

Also goals scored is a massive problem, because usually when we get one and are on top we don't get the killer second goal. This is then resulting in this losing 21 poinst from winning positions stat. Just as big a factor in my book as clean sheets. Those 21 points have been massive. We've been winning, haven't killed teams off and have then gone on to concede and be defeated.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

I would just counter that and say that if you play most of your football in your own half you are much more likely to let goals in.
Good defence isn't about sitting in your own penalty box and inviting pressure on and allowing the opposition loads of time and possession for 90 mins.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Also goals scored is a massive problem, because usually when we get one and are on top we don't get the killer second goal. This is then resulting in this losing 21 poinst from winning positions stat. Just as big a factor in my book as clean sheets. Those 21 points have been massive. We've been winning, haven't killed teams off and have then gone on to concede and be defeated.
I guess we both have a point :p if we score again we probably go on to win, if we don't concede we do go on to win.
I just think it is easier to get a team playing well defensively and conceding less goals than it is to get them scoring more goals when you don't have the natural talent to do so in the side.

Otis

Agree.

The defence of late has been even more worrying hasn't it. That first goal of theirs on Saturday was truly a comedy of errors. Awful header by Clarke, followed by a terrible swipe by Wood, followed by a lame header from Clingan.

If they ever remake the Keystone Kops then the Ricoh would make a good location for the filming.

Otis

While some City fans on here still think we have a chance of survival, everyone else in the bottom 6 must be thinking 'thank fook for Coventry City.'

ccfcway

We have scored 2 less goals than Hull who are 7th. We have just scored 6 in the last 3 games and still managed to lose 2 of those games.

Defending is our problem, we have the second least clean sheets in the division.

and we are bottom, just doesnt add up does it !

Users who are viewing this thread