Just thinking (2 Viewers)

How different the footballing world would be if sisu were successful buying man city all them years ago

Otis

Wouldn't be too much difference at all.

Pretty much the same ..... other than instead of Man City vs Man U it would be Man City vs Fleetwood Town with Man City hoping for a shock victory against the league leaders.

Colonel Mustard

The sun will shine and the birds will sing when the day comes that footballing success is not wholly determined by the owner's wallet.

Nice sentiment, CM...but I wouldn't be agreeing with you if we had that wallet backing us!!

Fair play to Man City, they have been through some shit over the years....amde worse by the red tossers in the neighbouring town of Salford.

I remember going to Maine Rd and thinking what a shit-hole and shit team...as I legged it out of the ground to prevent a kicking from the locals!

ICHAN

Been their myself LBB at Maine road like running around corry with the alleyways trying to escape', oh those were the days.:slap:

torchomatic

I remember going there in the mid 80s with my Dad and we won 1-0. I think Mick McCarthy might have scored an own goal, can't remember. I also thought what a tip it was compared to Old Trafford.

When we got a taxi to the station the local newspaper boards were proclaiming the death of Pat Phoenix.

Nice sentiment, CM...but I wouldn't be agreeing with you if we had that wallet backing us!!

Fair play to Man City, they have been through some shit over the years....amde worse by the red tossers in the neighbouring town of Salford.

I remember going to Maine Rd and thinking what a shit-hole and shit team...as I legged it out of the ground to prevent a kicking from the locals!

I remember a League Cup tie there...won 2-1, Regis scored one, I think...sat on some crappy wooden benches behind one goal.

Then there was the cup reply in 1996, I think, sat in their end with a Man City lad, kept quiet when we scored, i admit that, with no shame! Oh and the infamous Shaun Goater goal in the 215th minute and it kicked off.

Users who are viewing this thread