Just started watching Dexter (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Don't tell him

It's pretty good his Mrs is nice and his sister

RedSalmon

Just about to start season four. Am away at the moment but looking forward to getting going on it when I get back.

Enjoyable, and a bit of a larf!!!!

skybluetony176

I liked it from start to almost the finish, just the final episode or to be more precise the final scene was a let down.

My wife agreed with Otis in that a couple of the seasons were rocky. I think she thought that mainly because the seasons running story took over a bit and there weren't enough kills for her.

Nick

Administrator
I have started watching the first a couple of times. It is something I want to watch eventually

lifeskyblue

Watched the first couple of series a few years ago when I think it was on channel 4. Wife preferred it to me but I thought it ok. How many series are there? Perhaps should get her them for Mother's Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stupot07

I liked it from start to almost the finish, just the final episode or to be more precise the final scene was a let down.

My wife agreed with Otis in that a couple of the seasons were rocky. I think she thought that mainly because the seasons running story took over a bit and there weren't enough kills for her.

Yeah, I'd echo this. Brilliant, but has at 1-2 rocky seasons but well worth persevering and watching to the end. I highly recommend it.

I agree Tony I was also disappointed by the last scene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

I think there were 8 seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Yeah, I'd echo this. Brilliant, but has at 1-2 rocky seasons but well worth persevering and watching to the end. I highly recommend it.

I agree Tony I was also disappointed by the last scene.

Yeah. Why do that? Absolutely no need. The ending was perfect. Absolutely no need to tag that extra last scene on the end.

Pipehitterz

after lost it was my favourite tv series

series 3+5 are the dodgy ones

series 4 is so very very good, john lithgo is awesome, and the best ending of a series ever

the final scene was to allow for another series, which is being discussed apparently

Otis

after lost it was my favourite tv series

series 3+5 are the dodgy ones

series 4 is so very very good, john lithgo is awesome, and the best ending of a series ever

the final scene was to allow for another series, which is being discussed apparently
Lost was brilliant for two series but then it started to go downhill and ended up as an annoying mess in the end to my mind.

Pipehitterz

aye it was, it became marmite, but if you stuck with it, it got very clever in the end,

ashamed to say ive watched it 3 times now and am due starting it again

nothing would beat the first 10 minutes of the second series when we *spoilers*find desmond is in the hatch

chiefdave

Lost was brilliant for two series but then it started to go downhill and ended up as an annoying mess in the end to my mind.

Season 3 was where it became obvious they didn't have a plan and were making it up as they went along. Stuck with it but did not like the ending at all.

Otis

Nope, me neither. Thought the ending was very lame and a cop out . Felt very cheated by it, as it suddenly all went very religious on us.

Such a shame because it could have been one of the greatest TV shows ever.

stupot07

Nope, me neither. Thought the ending was very lame and a cop out . Felt very cheated by it, as it suddenly all went very religious on us.

Such a shame because it could have been one of the greatest TV shows ever.

Yeah agree with that. Was bitterly disappointed with the the ending, was a bit confused even though I had always thought that was what was going on.

Otis

It's only a twist right at the end, almost after the episode has finished, Nick. Almost bolted on.

It's not a terrible ending, but more of a Hollywood ending, without my giving too much away.

Otis

Isn't that the same series? Lithgow is an excellent actor but I find it a little difficult to forget him as Dick in 3rd rock.
No, different series.

Colin Hanks is in the one with Edward James Olmos as the professor.

Lithgow is another serial killer.

Otis

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Mitchell_(character)

Yep, very good and Lithgow is such a great actor. I remember him from long before 3rd Rock from the Sun. In fact, 3rd Rock was the first time I had ever seen him in a comedic role.

3rd Rock always makes me think of one particular quip in it. Always makes me chuckle.

Dick goes to a fancy dress party as a pirate

Goes something like this:

Man: 'What have you come as?'

Dick: 'I'm a pirate!'

Man: 'Oh! Where's your buccaneers?'

Dick: 'Under my bucking hat!'

skybluetony176

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Mitchell_(character)

Yep, very good and Lithgow is such a great actor. I remember him from long before 3rd Rock from the Sun. In fact, 3rd Rock was the first time I had ever seen him in a comedic role.

3rd Rock always makes me think of one particular quip in it. Always makes me chuckle.

Dick goes to a fancy dress party as a pirate

Goes something like this:

Man: 'What have you come as?'

Dick: 'I'm a pirate!'

Man: 'Oh! Where's your buccaneers?'

Dick: 'Under my bucking hat!'

What about Big Foot and the Henderson's? Surely his first comedic performance.

Otis

Yep, forgot about that. Well spotted. As soon as I posted, I went on IMDB to have a look and immediately spotted Harry and the Henderson's!

My first memory of him was as the killer in Brian DePalma's Blow Out, starring John Travolta.

That was NO comedy! ;)

skybluetony176

Talking of John Lithgow comedy performance's watch Raising Cain. The closing scene is the funniest thing he's ever did. Awful film though. You've been warned.

Otis

Talking of John Lithgow comedy performance's watch Raising Cain. The closing scene is the funniest thing he's ever did. Awful film though. You've been warned.
I liked it.

Well the first half anyway! Same director, Brian DePalma.

If I remember rightly it starts off really well, but then just tails off into a hammy mess.

skybluetony176

I liked it.

Well the first half anyway! Same director, Brian DePalma.

If I remember rightly it starts off really well, but then just tails off into a hammy mess.

Only seen it the once but yes from what I recall it did get worse the longer it went on. The hammy mess is my lasting memory from the film. That an John Lithgow in drag for the final scene blowing a kiss IIRC. A bit of sick just came out.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I loved Dexter, not that I'm much of a recommendation! I was told of it by my brother-in-law who normally doesn't watch this sort of stuff, but I was hooked. I didn't think any of the series were too bad, although one or two characters were a bit unbelievable. I'm now watching Breaking Bad for the second time around and still find it brilliant, even though I know what happens! Two or three episodes a night again! Love Walter White! Now up to Season three again.

skybluetony176

Of you or John Lithgow?

Sick? Definitely me. Each to there own and I'd defend any man's rights to dress as a woman, have a sex change etc and admire their bravery but there's still something about it that I find a little creepy and funny at the same time. I think its just because they're not fooling anyone.

Otis

Still enjoying it?

I might re-visit it one day.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread