just seen ticket price vs pompey (1 Viewer)

skybluepm2

Who on earth is in charge of marketing and ticket pricing? This will cost a couple of thousand on the gate. Midweek game in a cup we have no hope in against lower league opposition? Hmmm £15?! What next? :banghead:

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Early rounds should be £10 & £5 especially for tie that'll have 6/7k max would imagine Pompey may bring a decent following (1,000)

covcity4life

apparently both clubs have to agree on ticket price

but still bad pricing.

are prem B teams in this one or not?

and how does it work? win a KO match to get into a group stage? or all KO's?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

apparently both clubs have to agree on ticket price

but still bad pricing.

are prem B teams in this one or not?

and how does it work? win a KO match to get into a group stage? or all KO's?

This is the standard league cup knock out

They regionalise and seed I think just the first round?

Prem sides not in Europe enter round 2 then the rest 3

We usually don't have to worry about round 3 in recent years if my memory serves me correct.

Not too fussed about LC or JPT this season personally.

covcity4life

makes no sense to me. if itd about giving big clubs homegrown/youth talent a chance then they should play from rd1? whats point of coming in from later rounds. and are they even allowed to win it?

italiahorse

I don't mind paying out money if I believe it is being used wisely.
Off the field just seems to me to be an uncoordinated mess to me and rightly or wrongly I have the feeling my money is being wasted. I see no structured plans for the future that gives me the belief that any money I pay to the club will be an investment for the future.

I have bought my season ticket in the premium block 20 area so I have made my token contribution to the team but again, rightly or wrongly, I believe that not 'all' this money goes to the team or its overheads in full.

robbiekeane

I don't mind paying out money if I believe it is being used wisely.
Off the field just seems to me to be an uncoordinated mess to me and rightly or wrongly I have the feeling my money is being wasted. I see no structured plans for the future that gives me the belief that any money I pay to the club will be an investment for the future.

I have bought my season ticket in the premium block 20 area so I have made my token contribution to the team but again, rightly or wrongly, I believe that not 'all' this money goes to the team or its overheads in full.
Bit confused. Is it that it's not be used wisely? Or that it's not being used for the team/overheads in full?

If the former - what would you prefer it to be used on other than the players/team overheads its used on at the moment.
If the latter - what is it being used on then? do you have any data or evidence? It's not hard to access the annual reports

Skyblueweeman

one thread:
"We'll be feeding off scraps and good will, typical with SISU in charge no investment it will never change!! Relagation for sure"
next thread:
"£15 for tickets to a football game fuck off is that a joke"

Mystery really

Spot on. There's just no winning with some people.

italiahorse

Bit confused. Is it that it's not be used wisely? Or that it's not being used for the team/overheads in full?

If the former - what would you prefer it to be used on other than the players/team overheads its used on at the moment.
If the latter - what is it being used on then? do you have any data or evidence? It's not hard to access the annual reports

IMHO they seem to be putting their efforts into court cases and upsetting the hands that feed them than getting long term deals for the future.

I have no idea whether a fair proportion of the ticket price is going to the team. My gut feeling is it's not.

I will be buying this ticket to support the team regardless but I suspect a lot of fans won't bother due to the reasons above.

eastwoodsdustman

IMHO they seem to be putting their efforts into court cases and upsetting the hands that feed them than getting long term deals for the future.

I have no idea whether a fair proportion of the ticket price is going to the team. My gut feeling is it's not.

I will be buying this ticket to support the team regardless but I suspect a lot of fans won't bother due to the reasons above.

No Italia You're right the money doesn't go into the team at all. Our team is supported by the proceeds of the money tree orchard at Ryton. There was a point, during Boothroyds charge, when they put up a giant fence to stop local scrumpers but I believe that this has since been removed as all of the money is now on the higher branches and the locals can no longer reach it.
FFS let go with the anti club/sisu diatribe.

Joy Division

How much was it for the same round of League Cup for us last season?

skyblueelephant

Wasn't it £10 on Saturday at Nuneaton for a ticket to a friendly against a non-league side? I didn't see people complaining about paying that. Based on the reasoning above people should have been outraged....

Nick

Administrator
Orient v Fulham - £18
Barnet vs Millwall - £19 is cheapest
Scunthorpe vs Notts couny - £12

£15 is about right I think. Nobody else is charging a fiver are they?

Skyblueweeman

Not what I said.
Obviously they are putting money into the team but is it a fair proportion ?

Wasn't our budget something like £3m last season?
Our average attendance was 12,750. Say that the average ticket price was £16 (taking into account away support and the fact that the majority of the rest would be ST holders) then over 23 games, that would be £4.63m.
All rough maths but indicatively, it would suggest that the majority or 2/3's is going into the team.

skyblue1991

Who on earth is in charge of marketing and ticket pricing? This will cost a couple of thousand on the gate. Midweek game in a cup we have no hope in against lower league opposition? Hmmm £15?! What next? :banghead:

What if we played Grimsby Town on a cold tuesday night in the quarter final? Woudl you not chagre £15 then?

robbiekeane

Oh right, is this paid for out of the football ticket coffers then? If so that is indeed terrible, please can you post a link to evidence for this.
Or is that just another think you've plucked out of thin air with no base to it at all. "they seem to be..." honestly, never heard anything like it.

Pretty solid grounds to make things up then and moan about it

Nick

Administrator
What if we played Grimsby Town on a cold tuesday night in the quarter final? Woudl you not chagre £15 then?

This is what I don't get.

People going mad about it, it is the same as most other ticket prices for the same round from other clubs.

skybluepm2

Thats not the point. I don't even think Grimsby are in it.

Seriously, I just think the club are missing a trick. I'll be there no matter what but a lot of people pick and choose their games. Charging a tenner would add far more to the gate, providing more support and benefit to the team as opposed to the core.

ccfcrob

I fear the issue is with the fact that JPT games have always been cheaper at £5. The fact that the big teams have now turned can be seen as an excuse to raise the prices. The point of adding the big boys into the tournament was to raise the attendances, however i fear by raising the price to £15 it will have the opposite affect.

Nick

Administrator
Thats not the point. I don't even think Grimsby are in it.

Seriously, I just think the club are missing a trick. I'll be there no matter what but a lot of people pick and choose their games. Charging a tenner would add far more to the gate, providing more support and benefit to the team as opposed to the core.

Would Portsmouth agree to it? Aren't the prices in this agreed by both clubs? That's why they probably agreed to be the same as most other games.

Users who are viewing this thread