Just been on BBC South Today..... (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Portsmouth FC debts total £58 million! How the hell do they get away with it for so long! :mad:

Otis

Well not any longer. they have now go their just desserts. Not at all right that they could have got away with just the 10 point penalty and survived. Relegation is the right and proper punishment.

I would say that from now on in any team going into admin should be relegated, City included.

scroobiustom

Is that that not punishing the fans twice?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Apparently they owe money all over the place - the council and even the police. If the police can't get paid, won't they withdraw their services? And if so, can any games go ahead? I remember when I was a steward at Highfield Rd, some of the stipulations for a match to take place were that there were enough stewards, enough St Johns Ambulance people and that there was sufficient police presence - if these weren't fulfilled then the game was postponed until further notice.

Yorkshire SB

Obviously feel sorry for the fans but they're pretty much cheating, deserve relegation. Apparently they paid 1 million for that hueseklep and he was on a pretty big salary as well, even after the turmoil. Plenty of clubs in the division do it though, Forest operate way beyond their means, Ipswich the same. Winds me up that they just get bankrolled by their owner, obviously Forest may not any more, I'm not sure what the situation is like there now.

chiefdave

the local paper down here said there was only a danger of games not going ahead if it was rated a risk and required extra policiing although that does imply that Portsmouth aren't paying for regular matchday policing which did strike me as a little odd as I was sure all teams had to pay for policing.

Sumo the Micky Quinn

Apparently they owe money all over the place - the council and even the police. If the police can't get paid, won't they withdraw their services? And if so, can any games go ahead? I remember when I was a steward at Highfield Rd, some of the stipulations for a match to take place were that there were enough stewards, enough St Johns Ambulance people and that there was sufficient police presence - if these weren't fulfilled then the game was postponed until further notice.

Gillingham are having policing cost problems at the moment and may have to play behind closed doors next week, which could be a way Portsmouth could fulfil their fixtures with out paying for police cost.

Fans may be barred from clash
Fans could be barred from the Gillingham versus Swindon clash at the Priestfield Stadium on April 21 due to a dispute on policing costs.

Medway Council has issued a prohibition notice for the game after the Gills and Kent Police disagreed on the necessary levels of law enforcement on matchday

Full story http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11737/7665101/Fans-may-be-barred-from-clash

Users who are viewing this thread