Judicial review consequences (1 Viewer)

D

Ddccfc

Do you know what the consequences would be if the council are found to have acted improperly in the bail out of ACL?

A lawyer friend informs me people could end up behind bars. Indeed, if illegal use of public funds is proven, this is extremely likely.

This is serious.

bigfatronssba

It would be rather difficult to lock up all 54 city councillors.

bigfatronssba

I think even if the council have acted illegally, they have been very clever.

The loan to acl was agreed at a full council meeting, meaning the whole council is responsible. The leadership merely proposed it.

Nonleagueherewecome

Do you know what the consequences would be if the council are found to have acted improperly in the bail out of ACL?

A lawyer friend informs me people could end up behind bars. Indeed, if illegal use of public funds is proven, this is extremely likely.

This is serious.

Big word, if. IMO if there was any chance of SISU's charge sticking there would have been a bit more of a stink at the time that they did it-and certianly not a unanimous Council backing for the course of action taken. Don't believe the SISU hype.

Ashdown1

This is serious.

Oh dear another little SISU plant or one of the same under another username. How about imprisoning those responsible for manipulation of reported accounts in a vague attempt to hide the real crimes being committed and non payment of legally obligated debts !?

D

Ddccfc

Big word, if. IMO if there was any chance of SISU's charge sticking there would have been a bit more of a stink at the time that they did it-and certianly not a unanimous Council backing for the course of action taken. Don't believe the SISU hype.

But this was sanctioned behind closed doors without any media attention. That would be a good way to reduce any potential "stink".

Nonleagueherewecome

But this was sanctioned behind closed doors without any media attention. That would be a good way to reduce any potential "stink".

I didn't see a single word on here or in the media suggesting that there was foul play afoot. That only came when SISU's lawyers got on the scene. Almost as if there's nothing illegal going on, isn't it? :eek:

bigfatronssba

Do we have a date for the ruling on this ?

My understanding is it might not even get to court yet.

All that has happened is Sisu have asked to court to look into it, to see if there is a case to be had.

Ashdown1

..............................In an attempt to bide yet more time and spin this out a little longer. All the while nothing else is actually resolved !!

psgm1

Banned

Yes and sisu are the epitomy of open and honest dealings with people!

Isn't it one of the fundamental rules of the league that clubs should pay its footballing financial commitments in a prompt timeframe?

But your right sisu are the good guys (this is sarcasm btw)

D

Ddccfc

I love the SISU rats coming on here. It at least gives us a clue into what they are thinking and the avenues they are persuing

I'm as on the fence as you could be my friend. I just thought I'd share what I'd heard in relation to the potential consequences as I found it interesting.

Of course, there my not even be a case to answer. Time will tell.

blend

Why the mystery, you're clearly not remotely anywhere near the fence, you only have to look at 2 of your posts never mind all 19 of them. Bit sad you're not prepared to have the courage of your convictions. Or is part of your spin to appear to come from a position of neutrality?

D

Ddccfc

Why the mystery, you're clearly not remotely anywhere near the fence, you only have to look at 2 of your posts never mind all 19 of them. Bit sad you're not prepared to have the courage of your convictions. Or is part of your spin to appear to come from a position of neutrality?

The key to forming balanced opinions is not to be blinded by hatred.

I take an objective view on all of this. As I've said previously, nobody is blameless in all this. Too many egos and petty personal spats involved now.

This pigeon holing of supporters is unhelpful and unnecessary. Our club needs us united.

WillieStanley

Yes and sisu are the epitomy of open and honest dealings with people!

Isn't it one of the fundamental rules of the league that clubs should pay its footballing financial commitments in a prompt timeframe?

But your right sisu are the good guys (this is sarcasm btw)

Why do you always have to deal in absolutes? This isn't "Cowboys and Indians" or "Goodies and Baddies" its real life. In reality, because you don't agree with one side, it doesn't mean the other is incapable of acting in a corrupt or wrongful way... As is proven here.

D

Ddccfc

Why do you always have to deal in absolutes? This isn't "Cowboys and Indians" or "Goodies and Baddies" its real life. In reality, because you don't agree with one side, it doesn't mean the other is incapable of acting in a corrupt or wrongful way... As is proven here.

Great post. My sentiments entirely.

Grendel

Remember psgm1 thinks Coventry supporters are scum, sky blue trust are the devil incarnate amongst a number of other curious accusations.

He is like a lunatic locked in an attic in a 70's horror film. He crawls out if his cesspit now and again to try and reap mayhem.

He's a twat.

Waldorf

Who's been proven to act in a corrupt or legal way?

My understanding is it's the Council, rather than councillors that has been alleged to have acted wrongly. This could run and run. It's all about European law, so could end up in th European courts. If they've just not done things properly, then presumably they can just go back & comply with the regulations this time. If proven to be illegal, then I think the Council get fined. So guess who ends up paying ? Again.

D

Ddccfc

Who's been proven to act in a corrupt or legal way?

My understanding is it's the Council, rather than councillors that has been alleged to have acted wrongly. This could run and run. It's all about European law, so could end up in th European courts. If they've just not done things properly, then presumably they can just go back & comply with the regulations this time. If proven to be illegal, then I think the Council get fined. So guess who ends up paying ? Again.

Not that simple I'm afraid. People could end up in prison. Someone is always accountable

wingy

Not quite WS ,unless you're an insider. Nothing has been proven ..........................yet.;):)

SkyblueBazza

I'm sick to death of people polarising every debate as pro or anti SISU.

SISU might have at the time of the bail out thought to themselves...hmmm cheap loan to take on if we manage to buy in at some point should all go well, & ammunition to support our case if things go wrong - so silence was the best option at the time.

Councils & Governments in this country are designed to delegate responsibility whilst retaining control. That way if good happens they claim input...if bad happens it is someone else's fault. Only if there are some clearly criminal activities will anyone be imprisoned - so expect just a few red faces at worst.

The biggest thing that could come from this IMO is compensation claims from SISU against the council due to the resulting 10pt deduction thereby knocking the wind out of the play-off push, protecting ACL from hostile bidding (by them) & i'm sure a few other spin-offs.

James Smith

Not that simple I'm afraid. People could end up in prison. Someone is always accountable
I think for you to go to Prison what you do has to be Criminal (if there's any lawyers who can confirm or deny this please do). So are you saying that this was a criminal act bailing out a stadium management company that they are part owners of?

wingy

I'm sick to death of people polarising every debate as pro or anti SISU.

SISU might have at the time of the bail out thought to themselves...hmmm cheap loan to take on if we manage to buy in at some point should all go well, & ammunition to support our case if things go wrong - so silence was the best option at the time.

Councils & Governments in this country are designed to delegate responsibility whilst retaining control. That way if good happens they claim input...if bad happens it is someone else's fault. Only if there are some clearly criminal activities will anyone be imprisoned - so expect just a few red faces at worst.

The biggest thing that could come from this IMO is compensation claims from SISU against the council due to the resulting 10pt deduction thereby knocking the wind out of the play-off push, protecting ACL from hostile bidding (by them) & i'm sure a few other spin-offs.

Or they could just grow up and move on like Robins did when he found his employers could'nt quite live up to the hype.

Losing a manager over this would be a better claim for compo than 10 points lost as 10 points did'nt really change anything ,but had robins stayed they might have .:thinking about:

Nonleagueherewecome

Remember psgm1 thinks Coventry supporters are scum, sky blue trust are the devil incarnate amongst a number of other curious accusations.

He is like a lunatic locked in an attic in a 70's horror film. He crawls out if his cesspit now and again to try and reap mayhem.

He's a twat.

This forum is becoming full of inarticulate, ill educated people who just hurl the same tiresome insults whilst offering nothing to debate with.

Huh. Odd that...

wingy

I think for you to go to Prison what you do has to be Criminal (if there's any lawyers who can confirm or deny this please do). So are you saying that this was a criminal act bailing out a stadium management company that they are part owners of?

Yes James ,it seems there are strict rules on Bailing out Private entities ,which IIRC is where the Council came into this and set up Entity ACL, as a route to save the football club moving out of the City in a groundshare arrangement.:thinking about:

torchomatic

Pointless trying to explain yourself. You have now automatically singled yourself out as a SISU rentboy. You'll soon learn that only one point of view is allowed on here.

I'm as on the fence as you could be my friend. I just thought I'd share what I'd heard in relation to the potential consequences as I found it interesting.

Of course, there my not even be a case to answer. Time will tell.

dongonzalos

My understanding is it might not even get to court yet.

All that has happened is Sisu have asked to court to look into it, to see if there is a case to be had.

It's called a delaying tactic. To drag things out hoping Mr Haskell will go away.
ACL will lose the stomach for the battle and the council/ACL will negotiate a deal to have SISU back at the Ricoh.

Non starter.....

Users who are viewing this thread