Judgement Day (1 Viewer)

Johhny Blue

Going back to all the excitement around our strong start there was a general consensus to not judge the team until after 10 games. Well here we are 10 games in:

Comparisons to the first 10 games last season.
2018: Won 3 2019: Won 5
2018: Lost 3 2019: Lost 0
2018: Scored 7 2019: Scored 16
2018: Conceded 11 2019 Conceded 10
2018: Points 12 2019 Points 20
2018: G.D. -4 2019: G.D +6
2018: Shots: 127 2019: Shots 116
2018: On Target 66 2019: On Target 50
2018: Shots Against 129 2019: Shots Against 87
2018: On Target 59 2019: 28
2018: Goals scored in last 10 mins 1 2019 Goals scored in last 10 mins 6
2018: Goals Conceded in last 10 mins 2 2019: Goals Conceded in last 10 mins 2
2018: Total Goals Scored 7 2019: Different Goalscorers 11
2018: Negative Threads and Comments 984 2019 About the same

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think that highlights that despite what many believed were defensive frailties costing us last year that it was in fact goalscoring. Defensive stats are remarkably similar but attacking has improved (yet we're still a bit wasteful with chances.

Gibbo

I think that highlights that despite what many believed were defensive frailties costing us last year that it was in fact goalscoring. Defensive stats are remarkably similar but attacking has improved (yet we're still a bit wasteful with chances.
are you sure? sharp reduction in the number of shots and shots on target by our opponents...

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

are you sure? sharp reduction in the number of shots and shots on target by our opponents...

Granted, and I expect our possession play has something to do with that. But we have also only conceded one goal less. Now that could be a positive, in that the opposition are having to carve out much more clear cut opportunities or it could be a negative because we're conceding a similar amount of goals from fewer shots.

But the big difference is goals scored, again from fewer chances and shots on target overall. That surely is the big factor in why we've got more points and are higher in the league.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Sky Blue Harry H

Remember that this has been done on the back of having several of our best players absent for a number of these games, and with a number of new players still to settle in. Amazing start (P.S. I'm a glass half full type of person if you couldn't tell!)

Fergusons_Beard

So looking at those stats-this years team has a better defence and a better attack (they’ve scored more goals with less efforts on goal).

We had less shots this year which means midfield are more defensive and we not creating many chances?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SBAndy

So looking at those stats-this years team has a better defence and a better attack (they’ve scored more goals with less efforts on goal).

We had less shots this year which means midfield are more defensive and we not creating many chances?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

An interesting take on it. I’d suggest we’re making better chances this season.

Users who are viewing this thread