JPT Next season (1 Viewer)

bawtryneal

I hope TM targets the JPT next season. What a fantastic day it would be if we got to Wembley. Look at Oxford and Barnsley fans today. It should have been in our reach this season with the early season start we had.

Grendel

The whole competition is a joke and don't premier league reserve teams start in it soon?

Skyblueweeman

A day at Wembley would be great (as would the silverware) but I'd rather the team was fit and healthy for a push for promotion instead.

Infact, I'd take 1st round exits in all cups we were in to focus on the league.

Otis

The whole competition is a joke and don't premier league reserve teams start in it soon?
Well that's why we need to win it next season!!

After that the history books will read:

2023 - Winners - Tottenham
2022 - Winners - Liverpool
2021 - Winners - Man City
2020 - Winners - Chelsea
2019 - Winners - Arsenal
2018 - Winners - Man Utd.
2017 - Winners - Coventry City.

Yay!!! Right up there with the big guys.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!

I went with my boy yesterday with the Oxford fans for his first trip to Wembley (I had confidently promised him a trip earlier this season...) and if you were there you'd have said it was anything but a joke. Thousands of kids there becoming hooked on football and their club. Why is that a joke?

I don't get your negativity about everything.

Grendel

You wouldn't go to Wembley if Cov got to the final then?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

It's the same as the old Zenith Data Systems Cup / Simod Cup. After enduring the reading game in the 80's never again.

No I wouldn't and the league is the only competition that matters.

pusbccfc

Interesting that there were just less than 60,000 there yesterday.

Would be well over that if we got there.

Grendel

Interesting that there were just less than 60,000 there yesterday.

Would be well over that if we got there.

And still only 9,000 for the next league game

Gazolba

Well that's why we need to win it next season!!

After that the history books will read:

2023 - Winners - Tottenham
2022 - Winners - Liverpool
2021 - Winners - Man City
2020 - Winners - Chelsea
2019 - Winners - Arsenal
2018 - Winners - Man Utd.
2017 - Winners - Coventry City.

I see you've been reading that Nostradamus book again. Unfortunately, those prognostications are open to various interpretations.

Sbarcher

I went yesterday with some Oxford friends. It was a great day out with 33k Oxford fans. Some may question the value of the tournament but at £20 a ticket and a day on the pop I was wishing it was us. Success breeds success.

skybluetony176

And still only 9,000 for the next league game

So what if there is. Cheer up you miserable fucker it would be a Wembley final and probably the only one most supporters will see in their lifetime involving CCFC. If you can't enjoy that occasion there's something wrong with you.

Gazolba

I think we should be aiming higher than the JPT, surely an FA Cup quarter final or maybe even semi-final is not beyond us. At the very least, let's try to beat whatever non-league opposition we are confronted with.

steve82

I dont see what harm a cup run can do.... Look how full the Ricoh was against Crewe. Football for a fiver too, under the lights...
A good run breeds confidence and the prize of a day at Wembley. Not many players or fans at this level will experience that.

Brylowes

Was lucky enough to go to the final and charity shield in 1987,I know
the JPT isn't the same but I'd love to take my 14 year old son for a
day at Wembley.

johnwillomagic

I think people are looking at this very much in hindsight.....i was one of the few at the time who thought we should put
out strong team - majority said field weakened side and concentrate on the league!

Cannot have it both ways, it is our best chance bar the league of a trip to Wembley of course for that reason
think in a way we should take more seriously than either of the other cups.

To get out of this crap division to the Championship has to be the main aim though!

bawtryneal

Success brings success. Barnsley have had a great second half of the season "despite" winning the JPT
Its complete bollos in my opinion not to try hard in the cups
Any Cov fan who says they would not go to Wembley if Cov were in the final are not a Cov fan, and that includes you Grendel.

Grendel

Success brings success. Barnsley have had a great second half of the season "despite" winning the JPT
Any Cov fan who says they would not go to Wembley if Cov were in the final are not a Cov fan, and that includes you Grendel.

But anyone who does go and never goes to another game all season is?

Sky Blue Kid

Was with you all the way till that statement. What or who made you Judge and Jury?

SkyBlueZack

We're all cov fans. I'd love nothing more than 30000 season ticket holders roaring us to the championship next year undefeated. This club needs to unite to progress. The more through the turnstiles the bigger the budget.

Obviously this depends on someone at the club being able to correctly using a calculator. Anderson is good with numbers so here's hoping.

Last edited:

stupot07

Out of interest, how many teams have won promotion and JPT in the same season? Given the choice, I would much rather have promotion.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Kid

The FA Cup in 87 was the "Creme de la Creme" but bread and butter is the name of the game. Concentration on the league is of paramount importance. So it's the league every time for me.

Last edited:

covcity4life

as like every year i hope

a)we win it
b)we never have to play in it gain

maybe those should be other way round

Terry Gibson's perm

I like it as we price it well at £5 and hopefully that allows some people to go who may not be able to afford the normal prices, also you have to show the games more respect than the league cup as you can't make wholesale changes.

Love to win it and at the same time get out of this league what a double, all I would want then is Villa go down again to league 1 and Leicester get knocked straight out in Europe and relegated, oh the dreams

SBAndy

I went yesterday with some Oxford friends. It was a great day out with 33k Oxford fans. Some may question the value of the tournament but at £20 a ticket and a day on the pop I was wishing it was us. Success breeds success.

This. When Mourinho went to Chelsea back in 2005 his first aim was to win the Carling Cup (think it was Carling then). His rationale being that once players get a taste of winning, they buy into the ideas more, and it brings more of a winning mentality to a club. The Carling Cup really isn't all that important to a big club, but it is a mechanism of breeding that winning culture.

Users who are viewing this thread