Joy Victoria Sepella (1 Viewer)

covkid53

Here is some company data on our "wealthy" owner. (from the UK directors register)

"Joy Seppala holds 5 current appointment, has resigned from 1 companies and held appointments at 1 dissolved companies. Joy began their first appointment at the age of 36 and their longest current appointment spans 15 years and 4 months at SISU CAPITAL LIMITED.

The combined cash at bank value for all of Joy's current businesses is £850,058, with a combined assets value of £1,470,061 and liabilities of £329,751. Roles associated with Joy Seppala within the recorded businesses include: Director, Llp Member, Llp Designated Member, Company Secretary"

Hardly a multi millionaire with pots of money to invest...... makes you wonder what she wants from Coventry City FC.

I wonder if like a gambler who always just needs one last wager to win it all back, that Sepella just can't let go, or if she does, is this business the one holding her head above water ?

Where is the "lost" 60 million or the assets held elsewhere ? Just where is the money coming from to support CCFC / Otium, how can she pay the Administration costs ?

Baffled.

SkyBlueSid

Joy Seppala can't be short of a few bob. She and her husband live in a rather plush house in Kensington, which they bought for £6,400,000 in 2006. The houses there have 6 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, and are currently selling for around £10,000,000.

Anyone who can afford to buy property like that is likely to have plenty of assets sloshing around. What I thought was amusing is that the estimated annual rental potential of this property is over £560,000 a year, rather more than the Ricoh!

Ripbuster

Totally unrelated but Nick Leeson has shown You do not have to be stinking rich to bring about the downfall of a company with history
Just a self centered greedy individual with no concern for your actions on others

RPHunt

SISU Capital Ltd is the manager for the various funds, many of which seem to have been created solely for the CCFC investment. SISU doesn't own these assets, it manages them and it's income is derived from management fees and a percentage of the increase in the value of the funds.

Given the low, and falling income, from the management of these assets, the OP is right to wonder where the costs of administration are coming from.

I have said before that this sort of structure is often designed to hide the poverty of an entity rather than it's wealth.

BackRoomRummermill

Here is some company data on our "wealthy" owner. (from the UK directors register)

"Joy Seppala holds 5 current appointment, has resigned from 1 companies and held appointments at 1 dissolved companies. Joy began their first appointment at the age of 36 and their longest current appointment spans 15 years and 4 months at SISU CAPITAL LIMITED.

The combined cash at bank value for all of Joy's current businesses is £850,058, with a combined assets value of £1,470,061 and liabilities of £329,751. Roles associated with Joy Seppala within the recorded businesses include: Director, Llp Member, Llp Designated Member, Company Secretary"

Hardly a multi millionaire with pots of money to invest...... makes you wonder what she wants from Coventry City FC.

I wonder if like a gambler who always just needs one last wager to win it all back, that Sepella just can't let go, or if she does, is this business the one holding her head above water ?

Where is the "lost" 60 million or the assets held elsewhere ? Just where is the money coming from to support CCFC / Otium, how can she pay the Administration costs ?

Baffled.

You are baffled because as most People with lots of cash as well as companies they have it invested into other companies or assets.

Please do not ever think a quick look at companies house website will ever represent the real value..... I know a very successful company if you look on the company check website are technically skint !

Its all about tax avoidance Pal

Otis

There once was a lady called Joy,
And a club that she used as a toy,
So desperately keen to never be seen,
So maybe not a girl but a boy.

Last edited:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Joy Seppala can't be short of a few bob. She and her husband live in a rather plush house in Kensington, which they bought for £6,400,000 in 2006. The houses there have 6 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, and are currently selling for around £10,000,000.

Anyone who can afford to buy property like that is likely to have plenty of assets sloshing around. What I thought was amusing is that the estimated annual rental potential of this property is over £560,000 a year, rather more than the Ricoh!

6 bedrooms I get. But who would want or even need 6 bathrooms? Even guests wouldn't need 1 each......

And I imagine she doesn't have too many friends

fernandopartridge

Baffled.

She doesn't need to have any money herself to manage a hedge fund. It isn't, and never has been, her money.

duffer

She doesn't need to have any money herself to manage a hedge fund. It isn't, and never has been, her money.

Absolutely, which makes TF's suggestion that we build a statue for her even more fatuous.

The only thing that interests me about JS is that it's seemingly been admitted by all parties that she makes the final decisions.

This basically makes her a shadow director. Which exposes her personally to some risk if CCFC Ltd is liquidated, or there's an investigation into its affairs which finds wrongdoing (as below). The same holds true for TF.

http://www.future-law.co.uk/a-shadow-director/

"A liquidator can seek to bring an action against a shadow director of a company for fraud in anticipation of winding up, misconduct in course of winding up, material omissions from statements relating to company’s affairs and false representation to creditors. In addition, any director (including a shadow director) found liable of fraudulent or wrongful trading can be ordered to make such contribution to the company’s assets as the court thinks proper."

And direct from the F.A. a director risks Criminal and civil liability if he...

"... continues to trade when he knew or ought to have known that there was no reasonable prospect of the company avoiding insolvent liquidation
(known as wrongful trading) or if he knowingly continues to carry on business with the intention of defrauding creditors in the knowledge that there was
no reasonable prospect of the creditors being paid by the company (known as fraudulent trading)"

http://www.thefa.com/~/media/Files/TheFAPortal/governance-docs/financial-regulation/fa-guide-to-clubs-on-directors-responsibilities.ashx

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
As I said in a previous thread, it's the big money men (and women) who have brought football to its knees - not just Cov either. I just love the game. That's it. I just want to follow my team. I want to know about how they are playing, what formation they're using, who they're playing next, have they got a chance of promotion, what injuries we have etc, etc. Not a lot to ask is it? These are the sort of questions that SISU and the like can't answer because they have absolutely no interest whatsoever.
Football is a game of 90 minutes on a Saturday (or whatever day) but for the rest of the week, it's a gamble of money, money, bloody money! Gone are the days when an owner bought a club for the love of the game. :(

Manchester_sky_blue

In my experience, truly minted people stay wealthy by either not advertising or in some cases actively disguising just how much cash/assets they have. It suits their purposes to appear more impoverished than they really are.

The Bear

Our Joy also sits on the Takeover Panel, an organisation that oversees takeovers & mergers. An interesting collection of folks from govt. & industry on the panel but the one that sticks out is Bill Morris (AKA Lord Morris of Handsworth), former head of the Transport & General Workers' Union now sitting in the House of Lords and on a few other bodies inc. England & Wales Cricket Board & The Refugee Council.

So Lord Morris will no doubt have sat in a room and might be on speaking terms with Our Joy. As someone who used to represent the interests of many Cov fans who were in the T&GWU maybe he could be asked to a) speak up for our cause in the House of Lords & b) shed a little light on who this mystery woman is?

Nonleagueherewecome

There once was a lady called Joy,
And a club that she used as a toy,
So desperately keen to never be seen,
So maybe not a girl but a boy.

Many a true word said in jest...

T

true sky blue

Think about it - her personal home is worth a quarter of the ricoh; she is not rich? Dream on. Clever people dont invest their own money ; they save it. They use other peoples money|: Hence sisu the hedge fund and all the many companies running ccfc. No risk to joy at all whether we go up or under

Users who are viewing this thread