Joy Sepalla to meet MEP (1 Viewer)

CovFan

At least she's meeting the important people eh?

CarpyCov84

Just read the tweet...yeah it's positive but what can come of it it's not like she can make deals on behalf of ACL...

CovFan

MEP has just released a statement.

West Midlands MEP Nikki Sinclaire will meet with Sisu owner Joy Seppala later this week to discuss the on-going situation at Coventry City Football Club.

The MEP has been keen to meet with the owner following meetings with representatives from ACL and Coventry City director Mark Labovitch.

Nikki also tried to arrange meetings with Council Leader Ann Lucas. Controversially, Councillor Lucas turned down Ms Sinclaire’s request to meet. Sources claim that Ann does not want to meet Nikki as she says this issue has nothing to do with Europe.

Nikki is pleased that she has secured the meeting with Joy, saying,

“I asked to meet Joy a few months ago, and I’m grateful that Joy has agreed to a meeting this week.

I also attempted to meet Ann Lucas but I have been blocked at every turn. It seems strange that Ann made the public plea to Joy to meet, yet as far as I am aware, no such meeting has happened.

I have said throughout that there is no side without fault here, and I will tell this to Joy in person. I am very keen to hear what Joy has to say and to explore how the club can move forward.

All I want to see is people talking. At the moment the fans feel in the dark about the situation. Enough with the media games, let’s get everybody to talk and move forward in a constructive manner.

Coventry have started the season with a flurry of goals. This is the story that should matter, not the off the field happenings”.

The We Demand a Referendum NOW MEP has also submitted official questions in regards to the use of European Regional Development Funding used at the Ricoh Arena site.

chiefdave

The We Demand a Referendum NOW MEP has also submitted official questions in regards to the use of European Regional Development Funding used at the Ricoh Arena site.

what's this all about? why would she be doing that if her aim is to get Coventry back at the Ricoh?

olderskyblue

A simple question she should ask.

Under what terms would CCFC move back to the Ricoh.

oh, and make sure she has someone recording the conversation.....

lordsummerisle

Nikki also tried to arrange meetings with Council Leader Ann Lucas. Controversially, Councillor Lucas turned down Ms Sinclaire’s request to meet. Sources claim that Ann does not want to meet Nikki as she says this issue has nothing to do with Europe.

Seems strange that statement if true.

Didn't the EU give about £10million in funding for The Ricoh?

olderskyblue

If she wanted to meet to discuss that funding, then sure, probably a valid point.

shmmeee

I'll bet ten SBT points that the outcome of this meeting is some mixture of:

- Left wing council are evil
- Europe is evil
- Joy's a lovely lady doing her best
- Joy has a real affinity with the club/city
- Did I mention left wing councils are evil?

Glad to see she's met with ACL though, I withdraw my unwarranted scorn (and replace it with some new scorn :p)

Sba180

More like she's publicising her "attempts" more. The woman has been a media whore since the march.
Naturally, somebody was always going to berate the woman, who seems to be doing something, while the council push paper clips about

skybluetony176

point 1) ann lucas is right the situation has nothing to do with Europe, proof of that is in the fact that joy egg is meeting nicky Sinclair, if nicky Sinclair had any clout this meeting would never take place. but fishface will be telling his tails about how joy egg tried and ann lucas didn't in the next home program be sure of that.

point 2) is kofi annan coming to this meeting as he didn't to the last pointless meeting that nicky Sinclair organised

dadgad

This initiative - indeed, any initiative - has to be a good thing.

With regard to the JR - which was appealed by Sisu - how can Lucas meet Seppala when this is hanging over their heads?

skybluepm2

I just hope she actually discloses what is discussed. She has apparently already met that Labovitch bloke and we are none the wiser as to what went on there!

But as I have said before, fair play to her..even if it is a bid to get her name out there, if it helps us come home who gives a rats ass plus she had a nipple on at the march. I wonder if they will get sidetracked from football politics after about 5 minutes and start nattering about knitting or knickers.

Iphone voice recorder in the pocket and a sneaky pic whilst pretending to be on the phone would be good too.

I wonder if this time next week we will be any wiser? Fisher and ACL haven't had a media battle in a couple of weeks...

'It's all ACL's fault'
'Oh no it isn't...we are doing everything we can to ensure that CCFC return to its rightful home the Ricoh Arena'
'Let me be absolutely clear...ACL are not and have not recognised us as the Club'
'But the players are registered in Limited'
'Oh no they're not'

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

RPHunt

Naturally, somebody was always going to berate the woman, who seems to be doing something, while the council push paper clips about

Well she doesn't have much else to do after she has finished adjusting her expenses. And she is in a position so superfluous, that members of UKIP, the BNP and even Robert Kilroy-Silk can be trusted with it.

skybluetony176

This initiative - indeed, any initiative - has to be a good thing.

With regard to the JR - which was appealed by Sisu - how can Lucas meet Seppala when this is hanging over their heads?

lucas asked to meet joy egg before the 1st hearing with it hanging over their head and before the administration process was finished joy egg wasn't interested because A) unlike nikki sinclair, ann lucas does have some clout B) joy already has a game plan and is sticking to it regardless

if ann lucas and joy egg had have met and thrashed out a deal that suited all parties CVA would have been agreed. again just another example of how the whole situation is of shitsu's making, moving 34 miles away from home, 10point deduction, transfer embargo etc etc.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Well judging by the last meeting ACL can't make deals on behalf of ACL. Good on Nikki for doing something.

Just read the tweet...yeah it's positive but what can come of it it's not like she can make deals on behalf of ACL...

torchomatic

Joy Egg? Why is she now called that?

lucas asked to meet joy egg before the 1st hearing with it hanging over their head and before the administration process was finished joy egg wasn't interested because A) unlike nikki sinclair, ann lucas does have some clout B) joy already has a game plan and is sticking to it regardless

if ann lucas and joy egg had have met and thrashed out a deal that suited all parties CVA would have been agreed. again just another example of how the whole situation is of shitsu's making, moving 34 miles away from home, 10point deduction, transfer embargo etc etc.

BrisbaneBronco

Will she be pushing for a return to the Ricoh, or a return to Coventry with the aid of European funding for a new stadium?

Sba180

Well she doesn't have much else to do after she has finished adjusting her expenses. And she is in a position so superfluous, that members of UKIP, the BNP and even Robert Kilroy-Silk can be trusted with it.

If she can do any good rather than sit about in silence then i for one am all for it

Users who are viewing this thread