Joshua v Pulev (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Anthony Joshua returns to the ring tonight. He's up against the tough Pulev who should give him a firm test ?
But the Bulgarian reckons he can knock out AJ and after the Ruiz shock defeat we know anything could happen. Going to be an interesting fight, and not easy to predict ?

LastGarrison

Pulev looks in good shape and Joshua’s air of invincibility is long gone and we’ve all seen that Joshua can get hurt. I still think he’ll have enough to put Pulev away but there might be a few scares along the way.

No chance this goes to points so I’m predicting Joshua in and around the 8th.

Got to admit I’m not quite the avid boxing fan I once was so might not know a few of the names but to me the undercard looks awful. Anyone think any of the other fights will be decent?

bringbackrattles

Thing is AJ has to win if we get to see him fight Tyson Fury next year. If he loses which could happen that could set back plans to stage the fight we all want to see.

CCFCSteve

Pulev looks in good shape and Joshua’s air of invincibility is long gone and we’ve all seen that Joshua can get hurt. I still think he’ll have enough to put Pulev away but there might be a few scares along the way.

No chance this goes to points so I’m predicting Joshua in and around the 8th.

Got to admit I’m not quite the avid boxing fan I once was so might not know a few of the names but to me the undercard looks awful. Anyone think any of the other fights will be decent?

Yeah, can’t get too excited about undercard. Will be watching Manc derby and recording to watch later probably.

Okolie is worth a watch as he could kick on to bigger things in not too distant future. Not pretty to watch when I’ve seen him fight but strong. He was due to fight for world cruiser title but opponent got Covid. Don’t know about replacement.

Also they reckon Florian Marku could be one to watch in future

commentators suggest Bakole v Kuzmin (HW) will be the most entertaining fight. Only seen Bakole once though

ps not much help, sorry !

CCFCSteve

Just stumbled across the AJ v Klitschko fight again on sky. What a fight. The roar of the crowd in the 11th...made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Cone on AJ !!!

bringbackrattles

Put a bet on for tonights fight. I reckon AJ will win even though I wouldn't be surprised of an upset. But to make a few bob I put a fiver on Pulev to win in round 8,returns £405.00 at 80-1.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Undecided as to whether im going to watch this but i expect AJ to win this. It will be interesting to see if we get AJ 'boxing clever' and winning a wide decision or if he decides to go for Pulev and wreck him in the middle rounds.

The undercard does look a bit suspect but Eddie has to make some cuts somewhere without the gate i suppose. Okolie vs Glowacki is a bit of a shame, think he's now fighting some no-hoper. Bakole vs Kuzmin could be violent but id expect Fury vs Wach to be an absolute snoozefest.

bringbackrattles

No Sky so listening to it on the radio. They're playing Sweet Caroline at the moment. My son in his last charity boxing bout asked me to pick his walk out music. I chose Thunderstruck by ACDC, he ended up with The Chain by Fleetwood Mac. The sound system conked out so he came on in silence !

tisza

Pulev a tough man and took some shots that would have put others away. But Joshua just too much power.

stay_up_skyblues

Enjoyed that, even if it did go as expected. Hats off to Pulev the guy is hard as nails. Really hope the proper trilogy gets sorted now rather than another year of posturing and pissing around.

bringbackrattles

Joshua baffles me though as he can look very good, but also seems to lack that something that great boxers have had. A young Mike Tyson would destroy him and Pulev inside a couple of rounds, and I cant see AJ worrying Fury. But boxing especially the heavyweight division can throw up strange results,but a Joshua v Fury is a mouthwatering contest.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Joshua baffles me though as he can look very good, but also seems to lack that something that great boxers have had. A young Mike Tyson would destroy him and Pulev inside a couple of rounds, and I cant see AJ worrying Fury. But boxing especially the heavyweight division can throw up strange results,but a Joshua v Fury is a mouthwatering contest.

Fury has to be favourite (and is with the bookies) but as you say, it's heavyweight boxing and he has more than a puncher's chance i'd say. I think the fights against each other could well be career defining as whoever comes out on top will be classed as the best of the generation.

tisza

Comfortable for me, easy points victory
think there's a good chance he KOs him. Despite first outboxing Wilder in that dodgy draw then just bossing him in the 2nd fight I genuinely believe Fury has another level. Fury does enough for the fighter in front of him.
But like Wilder Joshua does have a puncher's chance just don't think his good footwork will be enough if Fury swarms him like he did Wilder

LastGarrison

Again Joshua disappoints.

He doesn’t use his jab, does not dominate the ring and has no killer instinct.

It should have been all over in the 4th but he stood off and took a breather. He might claim he was using his ‘boxing brain ’ but that’s bollocks he just doesn’t have it in him.

Fury doesn’t just beat him, he schools him. Completely different levels and I’m just pissed off that Ruiz bursting Joshua’s bubble has cost me a fortune.

bringbackrattles

Next up is Canelo v Callum Smith. Canelo is my favourite current boxer and what an awesome fighter he is. Smith fancies his chances as he should, but to beat Canelo he will have to put on some performance. This should definitely be a cracker.

Users who are viewing this thread