Jordan Willis back in training (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Good to see Jordan back in training now after a long injury lay off. Doubt he will make an appearance until the end of the season as he needs to play some U21 games and get his fitness back up.

CJ_covblaze

Great news. We've missed him recently.

Hobo

Let's not rush him back.

Joy Division

Hopefully he can play his more natural Centre Back position in the future.

oucho

Unless he's made amazing progress, he should never play full-back again. Glad he's been given another chance next season, but for me he'd have to pull up some trees next year to get a longer contract. I'm not in the JW fan club.

That said, with the impending release of Connor Thomas, JW will be the only player at the club who played for us in the Championship!

Otis

Unless he's made amazing progress, he should never play full-back again. Glad he's been given another chance next season, but for me he'd have to pull up some trees next year to get a longer contract. I'm not in the JW fan club.

That said, with the impending release of Connor Thomas, JW will be the only player at the club who played for us in the Championship!
I think Willis is fine at CB. At full back though? That's a big fat no from me.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

I think Willis is fine at CB. At full back though? That's a big fat no from me.

I think Willis is an option at full back in games we need physicality and the requirement is defensive over attacking attributes – a game away from home against an in form side with pacey wingers, for example. I agree he shouldn’t be first choice at RB though.

D

Deleted member 2477

He was apalling at fb before his injury. Every attack and goal conceded came down the left when he played. He was the week link

Grendel

He was apalling at fb before his injury. Every attack and goal conceded came down the left when he played. He was the week link

That's not actually true is it? Which goals was he culpable for?

Otis

I really don't like Willis as right back and much prefer him in the middle. Going forwards from the fullback position he offers very little and I do think it adds another string to your bow if your fullbacks can both get forwards and contribute to your attacking options.

Fullbacks who can deliver decent balls into the box are very much a plus and Willis is not one of those.

Really want to see him as a no nonsense centre back.

Bristol sky blue

Agree, Otis.
Though he's not the tallest CB, he is good in the air for his height. When he broke into the first team I think he showed some promise as a CB.
With him, Aaron Martin and young Harries we just need a beast of a CB to give us the right mix next year (one that isn't always injured...)

covcity4life

hope he plays as a cb.

whislt hes been betetr RB than phillips,lorentsken,rickeets etc hes still not what i want in that position. hope TM recruits

Users who are viewing this thread