Jordan Clarke back in the fold (1 Viewer)

Manchester_sky_blue

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/jordan_clarke_back_in_the_fold_799205/index.shtml

So basically champ clubs are showing an interest in signing Cyrus so as a consequence Elvis has backtracked on his decision to show Jordan the door.

It really would not surprise me that come the start of the season we cannot field a full team and subs bench. With all the stadium and admin nonsense going on its been easy to forget that the new season is just around the corner and we really don't have a squad...........

SkyBlueSwiss

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/four_interested_in_christie_799256/index.shtml

Other clubs are going to take advantage of our perilous state now and start poaching what little remains of our talent. I would be amazed if we don't get bids for Baker, Moussa, Leon and Thomas as well as Cyrus, maybe Murphy too.

I've been saying this since the end of last season. I cannot believe that SISU will turn down any cash offers for any of our players. I fear we may have to start the new season without any new players because of the embargo and without Clarke, Baker and a few others.

Manchester_sky_blue

I've been saying this since the end of last season. I cannot believe that SISU will turn down any cash offers for any of our players. I fear we may have to start the new season without any new players because of the embargo and without Clarke, Baker and a few others.

I still think its a question of IF we start the new season. Remember a few years ago when Palace were right up the murky brown creek without even a hint of a paddle and they had to play 14 and 15 year olds in their first team. Thats going to be us IF we actually start the season.

SkyBlueSwiss

I still think its a question of IF we start the new season. Remember a few years ago when Palace were right up the murky brown creek without even a hint of a paddle and they had to play 14 and 15 year olds in their first team. Thats going to be us IF we actually start the season.

I can only hope that this does not happen

D

Deleted member 4232

If they know whats good for them and their careers, they'd take a move to just abiut anywhere, and i wouldnt blame them for a minute.

Cyrus and Jord are too differant styles. Cyrus is attacking, Jord is defensive. I much prefer the attacking style, but if Cyrus leaves, which i wouldnt rule out, i would wanna keep Jord, IF he cuts out the crappy tricks he tries. Cyrus tries them too, but he pulls them off. He needs to concentrate on the game, not being on 'ShowBoat'. If he sorts himself out and works hard on the training ground, i'd be willing to give him a second chance. It would save money on a replacement right-back too.

Mucca Mad Boys

Well i cant argue with that. The club have treated Jordan badly though whichever way you slice it

Not really, I'd rather be told I'm not wanted, so I can get on with my career than be told nothing and my career stalls because I'm not getting game time etc.

If I got told I weren't wanted, then got given a second chance, I'd grab the opportunity by the scruff of the neck, put in 100% to show my worthiness.

Manchester_sky_blue

Not really, I'd rather be told I'm not wanted, so I can get on with my career than be told nothing and my career stalls because I'm not getting game time etc.

If I got told I weren't wanted, then got given a second chance, I'd grab the opportunity by the scruff of the neck, put in 100% to show my worthiness.

He wasnt just told he wasnt wanted though, he was publicly criticized and made to train away from the first team. I dont think he would struggle to get another club either.

Mucca Mad Boys

He wasnt just told he wasnt wanted though, he was publicly criticized and made to train away from the first team. I dont think he would struggle to get another club either.

Publicly criticised? When did this happen.

When you're not wanted you tend to train away from the 1st team.

Manchester_sky_blue

He's demonstrated that himself in public at times. I don't think Pressley has done anything wrong, if it's had the affect of improving his attitude.

Maybe so. I just dont think it was wise to exclude any of our senior players whilst embargoed. I dont think he can afford to limit our options in that manner.

Mucca Mad Boys

Your probably right, but we now have a situation where he has had to go back to him cap in hand, which given we cant sign anyone new is not ideal.

If he has the right attitude and applies himself, I'm sure he'll be in contention again.

I know exactly what it's like to be frozen out by a coach.

Users who are viewing this thread