Jones needs to be rested (1 Viewer)

Bristol sky blue

Know it's only 3 games in, but opposition seem to realise that kicking him out of the game stops our main attacking threat.

Concerned that he could pick up a serious injury (he was limping again last night) if we persist with him.

Not ideal - we are very toothless without him. Desperate times and all that: out of our current squad, Kyle Spence deserves a chance based on pre-season form.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

He was holding his groin after about 5 minutes of the 2nd half last night & when Reid broke at the end Jones was literally dragging his right leg!

PVA

His groin was strapped up last night, he'd been struggling with it over the summer I believe.

He tweaked it just a few minutes after coming on and by full time he could barely run.

I'd expect him to be out for a couple of weeks.

stupot07

He was clearly struggling as soon as he came on. Mowbray knew he was carrying a niggle, he should have rested him. What we don't want is dallying around and then him needing an op and being out for 3-4 months.

The lack of loan window is going to cost us this season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

rupert_bear

Quiet obvious he has an injury and I
think a bit of a risk using him last night. Just shows the state we are in having to use unfit players, can lose players for weeks with groin injuries.

skybluepm2

I think Mogga's intention was to rest him last night for the entire game, in the hope that Thomas and Lameiras would step up to the plate and grab their chance. Both failed miserably once more which is why he had no choice but to introduce Jones at Half Time.

Really hope we bring in some quality before the weekend to alleviate the burden.

SkyBlueJord

Mccann does not look like he has a lot of pace and i think thats what we need in this system or it does not work.

100% agree with that, but the other options we have really is Lameiras or Thomas, and I think I'd prefer McCann out there, with Stevenson getting some more game time in the middle.

shelby76

100% agree with that, but the other options we have really is Lameiras or Thomas, and I think I'd prefer McCann out there, with Stevenson getting some more game time in the middle.
Could give spence a go there, going did ok looked to be the fastest on the ball the other day or put thomas there he will come good in the end just needs some love.

ccfcrob

Could give spence a go there, going did ok looked to be the fastest on the ball the other day or put thomas there he will come good in the end just needs some love.
Thomas needs farming out to a conference team to get some games. He simply isnt good enough. As much as I would love him to score and maybe spark something inside him , I fear that it just wont happen. Get him gone!

better days

It was actually a tight hamstring that kept him out pre season. The club sensibly rested him from the last few friendlies to get over it
That's cleared up but unfortunately he has now picked up a groin strain. It's probably right to say had we been ahead at HT he wouldn't have been risked last night
The problem with groin strains are they are exacerbated by full on sprinting which was probably why it worsened last night but he couldn't go off and leave us down to 10 again
I suppose the good thing with young players is they recover more quickly from injury once they are given a chance to rest

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Think it was a risk that didn't pay off by Mowbray last night. Should have brought on Reid at HT rather than Jones.

He's said himself Jones was struggling. Might be strapped up but won't stop him making injury worse. Like it has done Stokes after the risk of the injection failing

ccfc1234

Thomas is well out of his depth in L1 and should be loaned out to a conference team asap as he is not a viable option.
I like seeing our youth players in the team but we will get nowhere this season if we relay weekly on DKE and GT.

Sky Blue Harry H

Said on another thread that Jones (and I do rate him) has a habit of dangling his leg and not committing fully to tackles - a combination that I remember being constantly told by my dear departed father will lead to injury. Needs to be more like David Thompson! Shame, as his change of pace and direction causes opponents real problems.

shmmeee

Would like to see Spence given a go, he seemed to get decent reports in pre-season, agree with Stevenson in the middle too, maybe push Gadzhev up to the middle of the three and Reid and one of Lamerias, Thomas or Spence on the flanks. We really need to loan in some pace.

Users who are viewing this thread