Jones Injury (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Will make a thread especially.

DPMMpKUVwAA5hMh.jpg:large

Looks like his left leg and at the time looked like he over stretched / twisted possibly his knee / ankle. It wasn't a bad challenge either which reminded me of the Andreu one when it happened.

Let's hope it isn't as serious.

skybluepm2

If he’s going to have a serious injury, let’s hope it’s until the 1st February when the vultures from the leagues above can no longer prise him from our grasp!

CJ_covblaze

It looked like a bad one and he was in agony. Just hope it’s not an ACL

Marty

Doesn't look too badly swelled. Hope it's just a bad twist and he's back soon,

Captain Dart

oucho

If he's out and so is Kelly, we're in a pickle. The mitigating factor is that the next three games are against Crawley, Borehamwood and Morecambe - all three very weak sides we should beat (yes, I know we should have beaten the likes of FGR, Chesterfield and Barnet, too).

skyblue025

It looked a bad one from the stands. He didn't move at all just lay on his front with his leg straight until they loaded him onto the stretcher.

singers_pore

I feared the worst when I saw it. Just our luck that it had to happen to our best player. If Jones is ruled out for the season I think we can forget about any prospect of finishing in the top 7. In fact, I predict we will finish in the bottom half of the table if Jones is out all season.

clint van damme

Kelly bruised foot which doesn't sound too bad so that's a bit of good news.
I might be in a minority but I think I'd rather lose Jones than Kelly though I will obviously be gutted if Jones is out long term and I think that may be the case.

no_loyalty

Although we are not a one man team, losing Jones for the rest of the season will be a massive blow.

It will also scupper his chances of winning league two player of the season, which he would have a very good chance of winning

AFCCOVENTRY

Jones is our only really direct attacking player. andreu was the other. The rest of our players are sideways players...

lifeskyblue

Losing jones for any length of time will be a blow but we are not a one man team. It will give opportunity for someone to take a more expansive attacking role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

larry_david

We have options, whether they are good or not I don't know. Nazon to come back in, mcnulty starting to score at last. Beavon was a Robbins fav at the start of the season and now nowhere to be seen, Devon had a decent game and a half and now after a rest after that initial exposure can surely come in and do a half decent job against Crawley, Boreham, morecambe. Chance for someone other than a jones to shine. Will they? No idea

smileycov

Facebook User
I agree with most, Yes IF it is serious and long term it will be a blow, however it certainly gives others a chance to step up. Maybe Shipley or even switch the formation and try different approach. I trust robins in replacing with best personnel or formation tbf. That said, hopefully it isn’t long term

Nick

Administrator
Whatever happens with Jones and Kelly, the transfer window is open in just over a month.

Even if we had to limp through to then our season would not be lost.

People need to calm down a little bit, and if anyone mentions Kyel Reid again there's going to be a shanking.

That's assuming we can magic some money up to sign replacements.

SkyBlueCRJ

Above posters are saying we have other options if Jones is out for the long haul, but I have to wonder is this optimism, or sheer deniability? Although Shipley has been impressive, could he remain consistent for the rest of the season? It cannot be denied that he offers us something we've missed in previous seasons from his skill on the dead ball. But does he offer the same creativity as Jones - to state the obvious no he doesn't. The only other option is to alter the formation, but once again it leaves us with the same problem - little creativity.

Over the last few months I've constantly said we need a knew striker to the point I myself thought I sounded like a broken record. But, in reality we're in desperate need of creative players rather than yet another striker.

In the last few games chances have been coming thick and fast, a pleasant change from our form in the first few months of the season where scoring looked about as likely as us conceding. Like the majority on this forum I attribute this largely to the Andreu injury. But with Jones gone I fear once again we'll slip back into that same habit as there's no one that can create goals out of nothing.

The only option is to hold fast until January. But then again this could also quality as either optimise or sheer deniability. Who says we even have the capital to spend? Like previous seasons the only possibility of new faces coming in is down to old ones being shown the exit door. Who will this be? Vincenti, Maycock (loan), K. Thomas (extension of loan)....

I don't want to sound negative although I'm sure I've done a job of it, but it is concerning when a player who's been involved in the most goals at the club (5 goals, 4 assists) could have played his last game of the season when we're barely halfway through.

Last edited by a moderator:

pusbccfc

Without Jones we are in serious trouble, there's no hiding from it. We barely score as it is.

I would love to see the stats about how many goals we've scord with Jones not being involved.

better days

We don't know the extent of the kid's injury yet so let's stay positive for his sake if nothing else
Andreu has been our only serious injury to date so we have to keep things in perspective
My own take is that if Jones is out for a while Robins will look at changing our style of play to suit the players we have left

Otis

Without Jones we are in serious trouble, there's no hiding from it. We barely score as it is.

I would love to see the stats about how many goals we've scord with Jones not being involved.
We will miss him greatly. He is the one player to unlock defences, take players on and score goals.

I have always said that it is not a striker we need, but another wide player to complement Jones. If Jones is out I would say we now need two.

Skyblueweeman

Robins isn't stupid. If Jones is out, he'll find a way of working around it. Whether it's changing formation, brining in someone else in January, bringing through another youngster etc, I'm not sure but the bloke's not stupid.

Any news on Kellys injury? That would be as big a loss.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Robins isn't stupid. If Jones is out, he'll find a way of working around it. Whether it's changing formation, brining in someone else in January, bringing through another youngster etc, I'm not sure but the bloke's not stupid.

Any news on Kellys injury? That would be as big a loss.

Robins said it was a reoccurence of a bruised foot. Think he was out for a game or 2 earlier in the season with the same thing so sounds like he's been playing through the pain/managing it until now. Hopefully a weekish of rest and he should be ok - it didn't sound like it was too serious.

chiefdave

Robins said it was a reoccurence of a bruised foot. Think he was out for a game or 2 earlier in the season with the same thing so sounds like he's been playing through the pain/managing it until now. Hopefully a weekish of rest and he should be ok - it didn't sound like it was too serious.
I'd be tempted to rest Kelly this weekend, with the FA Cup game the following week you could give him over 2 weeks to let it heal. Would rather do that than have him playing when not fully fit and possibly making it worse.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

We will miss him greatly. He is the one player to unlock defences, take players on and score goals.

I have always said that it is not a striker we need, but another wide player to complement Jones. If Jones is out I would say we now need two.
This is my exact take on it too. Jones often gets doubled up on, which in theory leaves space elsewhere but we don't have the other creative players to take advantage of this. I worry where our chances let alone goals will come from without him...

Great_Expectations

He is our only real attacking outlet and genuine winger, which means we stupidly now have no fit wingers in the squad.

However MR will have to adapt and hold out till January when hopefully he’s given funds to secure replacements. Didn’t he indicate the other day he was already looking for signings in Jan?

In addition, while he has been a bright spark, there’s also been games where he’s been anonymous and left us vulnerable defensively.

While it’s clearly a loss, let’s not blow it completely out of perspective. If this had happened a few months into the season when he was absolutely flying I’d have been more concerned.

The pressure is now on MR to find an alternative; 3-5-2 would be my preference as it alleviates the need for wingers. If Saturday sees Vincenti and DKE line up on the wings I’d be immediately worried.

Users who are viewing this thread