John Gregory (1 Viewer)

Gray

wasn't one of his last games at highfield road and we beat them? he got some right stick if i remember correctly

Last edited:

Black6Osprey

wasn't one of his last games at highfield road and we beat them? he got some right stick if i remember correctly

He was the manager when they relegated us at Villa Park so its hard to view him in a good light but he still had another couple of years with them after that.

junglej13

They never relegated us,it was boro&derby that did that. The thick brummies think they did though.

I always tell my Villa mates this. This actually annoys them as well. Almost as much as when I tell them we are the last midlands team to win any trophy of note. In the years of arguing with them they have never had a response to this and hate it.

Back to Gregory - Some of these Villa fans say he was their favourite manager of recent years.

J

Jack Griffin

The man is a tit.

So he has the right qualifications.

Actually, if he applied I think he could be a good choice, you have to rise above the rivalry stuff of course & some people would find that difficult.

theprince

So he has the right qualifications.

Actually, if he applied I think he could be a good choice, you have to rise above the rivalry stuff of course & some people would find that difficult.
Been out of the loop too long, but i think he was a decent manager in his time

skybluesteve76

I always tell my Villa mates this. This actually annoys them as well. Almost as much as when I tell them we are the last midlands team to win any trophy of note. In the years of arguing with them they have never had a response to this and hate it.

Back to Gregory - Some of these Villa fans say he was their favourite manager of recent years.

Haven't blues and Leicester and forest won the league cup since 87?

Astute

I am not saying Gregory is the manager I want, but I don't give a shite if he has been manager at any so called rival before. I want someone that will give us 100% and get us winning games.

@richh87

His most recent job was managing in the Kazakhstan 2nd division.

That should tell you all you need to know.

@richh87

On 8 December 2009, Gregory was appointed the manager of Israeli club Maccabi Ahi Nazareth.[4] He led them to relegation.

On 18 May 2010 Gregory signed a 3 year contract with Israeli Premier League Club F.C. Ashdod. He resigned from Ashdod on 18 April 2011, with the club facing the possibility of relegation.[5]

On 13 June 2011, Gregory was appointed the manager of Kazakh club FC Kairat from Almaty, Kazakhstan.[6] Kairat were relegated at the end of the 2011 season to the second tier of Kazakhstan football.

In April 2012, Gregory had his contract as manager of FC Kairat terminated and was paid $120,000 in compensation.[7]

@richh87

Surely you just want to punch this face?

John+Gregory+Lorax+UK+Premiere+AoQvJ-sYhhCl.jpg

Grendel

:laugh:Well said. I wouldn't want him at the club. I heard him on talksport yesterday. What a drip. The club needs a manager that has something about him. Gregory's just plain boring. The lads need inspiring.

Certainly do not want Gregory but not because of any Villa connections. If a good manager had been in charge of them and Leicester that would be no problem.

hamil99

Facebook User
Certainly do not want Gregory but not because of any Villa connections. If a good manager had been in charge of them and Leicester that would be no problem.

Fully agree, I just don't want gregory because he's shit, nothing to do with previous clubs.

@richh87

Yeah, i'm sure we'd soon get over it if he made us win games. I'm sure people would accept Martin O'Neill*

*But Gregory doesn't fall into that category because he's absolutely shit.

cyril

I always thought he was a twat before I met him. Took the piss all night and he gave as good as he got. I like him tbh

Users who are viewing this thread