Joey Barton comments on Twitter (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Yes but surely it would be innocent until proven guilty but with him its guilty first?

Yes innocent until proven guilty, however he did it in his workplace, and if I (and most people) was accused of a similar incident in my workplace I would be immediately suspended pending an internal investigation regardless of whether I was innocent or not. Employers have to think about the wider impact of the workforce and impact on the reputation of the organisation when making these decisions, and if something is having an impact on the organisations reputation (like the ongoing media circus) that organisation has a decision to make (regardless of innocent or guilty) while investigations are completed.

In fact if I had been accused of a similar incident that had occurred outside of work, I would still be suspended pending investigation, and if guilty I would be sacked for harming the reputation of my organisation, even if it happened outside works time.

He's lucky he's still allowed to get on and play football (I.e do his job) because us mere mortals would be on gardening leave.

Like I said I would think the same regardless of who had been accused. The accusation itself potential divides the dressing room and also harms the reputation of the England football team. This is why I believe the FA have done the right thing, intact he's lucky that he'll probably still go to Euro's.

It would have been best all round if the case could have been seen before the Euro's so a line could be drawn under this one way or another.

Otis

Understand the sentiments, but unfortunately football is not a normal workplace.

For all us minions, do we expect a career of working that might only total 10 years rather than a lifetime? Football careers can be notoriously short.. Also in our workplaces do we have the equivilent of the World Cup or European Championships.

If it were you and you were innocent, would you seriously decide to step down and not play this Summer? I know I wouldn't. If I was innocent I would declare my innocence and expect to play.

If the charge was more serious, such a rape or murder then that might well be different.

rob9872

I totally agree Otis although the whole country seems hellbent on making racism as bad as rape or murder. In fact in some quarters I genuinely believe they deem it worse! Racism in some degree (and I'm not accusing him) will probably always be around in one form or another. I'm not saying its right, but I don't see it as such a big issue that many do. Perhaps I would feel differently if I was black or asian and I can understand that, but I really think the more of an issue things like this are made, then the more divisive it becomes.

CUS Wyken

So because he was an idiot in the past he’s guilty?

Would David Beckham be getting the same treatment by the press, FA and government? Me thinks not.

How did a member of the public hear the comment yet not one player on the pitch?

If Terry is found guilty would he receive a 3 year football banning order? No

Users who are viewing this thread