Joe Murphy (1 Viewer)

eastwoodsdustman

He was better than burge but always stayed on his line for crosses. We conceded a lot from corners when he was in goal if I recall.

pusbccfc

Loved Joe Murphy. Top keeper.

Irish Sky Blue

I thought Murphy was a good keeper and should not have been pushed out by Pressley ( although to be fair it was probably down to budget constraints imposed due to being at Northampton. I think he is probably too old now.

johnwillomagic

I liked him during his time here was not impressed by his display at all tonight.....move on need someone a bit younger but experienced,,,,,someone like Stockdale ideally!

pastythegreat

Not really. Never rated him when he was here.
He's an older version on Burge. Good shot stopper but always stuck on his line.
Always shouting at players for his mistakes too.
It's a no from me.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

I think people must forget how Murphy himself wasn't at all averse to dropping clangers. He shouted at his defence a lot but usually only once they'd conceded

ajsccfc

I wouldn't have him back, but I did like him for pure entertainment as he'd loudly blame Chris Hussey for everything including goals conceded, the downturn in the economy and 9/11

rob9872

If we could bag Murphy, Doyle, Baker & Sheffers in the summer then I think they'd compliment what we already have with people like Julian Gray on the wing and I can see promotion all the way.

pastythegreat

If we could bag Murphy, Doyle, Baker & Sheffers in the summer then I think they'd compliment what we already have with people like Julian Gray on the wing and I can see promotion all the way.
And if we really pushed the boat put, there's a good chance we could get Clinton Morrison to play up front too
Along side Kevin Kyle in a big man - small man pairing. They'd light the league up.
Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue

Good at narrowing angles and decent shot-stopper but as poor as burge on crosses. So it’s a ‘no’ from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oucho

He was far to keen to parry or punch rather than catch, for my money. That said, I preferred him to Burge or any other City keeper in the post Westwood era.

Users who are viewing this thread