Joe Murphy (1 Viewer)

guicey15

We all seem to have forgotten about Joe Murphy who I thought was fantastic yesterday. After receiving lots of stick last Saturday I thought he did himself proud with 2 fantastic saves in the 2nd half which kept us in it. His catching from crosses was also superb, excluding the dropped one (which I actually thought was a foul anyway)

So for me, he was probably my man of the match, been criticised heavily by fans of late and I thought he did himself proud. Shame that the people quick to get on his back have completely not recongnized his performance. Well done Joe

skyblueshaun

not a bad keeper at all he has made some world class saves this season especially against west ham where he was sensational, people need to realise the keeper is your last man ther are 4 others in front of him called the defence who have been woeful this season appart from keogh

Paxman II

Goalkeepers at this level seem to be a much of a muchness. Westwood is not currently in the Sunderland who we thought so highly of?
Murphy is a good shot stopper, he has a good coach in Oggy and I have seen good improvement in him this season.

rob9872

not a bad keeper at all he has made some world class saves this season especially against west ham where he was sensational, people need to realise the keeper is your last man ther are 4 others in front of him called the defence who have been woeful this season appart from keogh

... and Cranie and the ever improving Christie ... defend as a team and the midfielfd have not helped the defence.

As for Murphy he has been treated pretty harshly all season. He has made a few clangers and is not as good as Westwood, but if he was then we wouldn't have got him. On the whole he has been more than adequete this season

covcity4life

i like murphy,its jsut we were spoilt with westwood last year

that said his handling is suspect at times,but to be fair to him the one at forest was defiently a foul,he got a arm in the face,extended arm at that

Brighton Sky Blue

Like the rest of the City team he has good days and bad days-that first goal at Reading still gives me nightmares ;)

Nonleagueherewecome

He's far too inconsistent for my liking. Say what you like, but the 'keeper who finished bottom of this division is set fair to do so again this season. Lies, damn lies etc? Well there has to be something in such a damning statistic. My brothers all said "Oh God, not Murphy, we're going down!" when we signed him and, well...they're not wrong, are they?

JazzCat

I'm not his greatest fan but I have seen a little improvement over the course of the season. For every good save he makes he drops a few clangers.

After Reading i think the fans were on his back on Saturday. A lot of slagging him off in the crowd at Forest.

covcity4life

He's far too inconsistent for my liking. Say what you like, but the 'keeper who finished bottom of this division is set fair to do so again this season. Lies, damn lies etc? Well there has to be something in such a damning statistic. My brothers all said "Oh God, not Murphy, we're going down!" when we signed him and, well...they're not wrong, are they?

so a gk who stays consistently at bottom of table is bad

but a manager who stays consistently at the bottom of the table is great?

lmao :facepalm:

Bertola

Thought he could've done slightly better with the first goal, it hardly rocketed in to the corner.

Apart from that though he did have a decent game

Nonleagueherewecome

so a gk who stays consistently at bottom of table is bad

but a manager who stays consistently at the bottom of the table is great?

lmao :facepalm:

Well with Thorn you can say it about one season, with Murphy two plus an other relegation.

torchomatic

How disappointing, I thought this was going to be yet another ''...is shit'' threads.

Users who are viewing this thread