Joe Murphy (1 Viewer)

jwoodall

Is has to be the time to drop him. We don't win when he plays and he is to slow coming off his line. Time for Chris dunn to be given a chance

torchomatic

I know this will come asa a bit of a shock but players make mistakes. Even Westwood fucked up sometimes.

Murphy messed up, get over it.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
errr we dont win when keogh, Juke or Clingan plays either in that case. They have all played 16 games each !

We lose as a team. Name me one player that doesnt make mistakes. Sure he would say he could have done better but the team contributes to all the goals not just one player

torchomatic

Yeah, i think he's been good too. Much better than i thought he would be.

PVA

Was poor at the start of the season but has been very good for a couple of months now.

ccfcrob

Rubbish keeper ive said this since game 1, he doesnt command his area and the back 4 dontlook confident in him, drop him before he costs us more points, he made willis look like a right prick n saturday COMICAL

CUS Wyken

He has played well this season. Goal keepers mistakes are always scrutinised more because of the position. There's plenty of times this season he has kept the score line down.

skyblue19

He has been alright so far, becoming alot more vocal too. But maybe at the next game take him off in the second half for Dunn, surely that guarantees 3 points!

Sky Blue Sheepy

I agree, he's always looked dodgey when a ball comes in - I remember earlier this season he dropped a simple ball - had to make 3 saves within the space of 5 seconds because he dropped the ball in front of a striker.
His catching is suspect at the best of times and Southamptons 4th came from a mix-up between him and a defender (sat in Telegraph stand, couldn't see who).

Dunn's looked far more assured in the 2 games he's appeared and both times has made cracking saves in the process, catching off his line impressed (first attack from Derby 2nd half, a deadly ball in from Derby's right wing - in wet conditions and caught without hassle).

I don't mind keeper's making mistakes - they get noticed more because it can directly lead to goals, but surely Murphy has had more than 1 chance and, if he know's he'll never get dropped, then he's not gonna improve.

EleanorRigby

I think he's okay. You have to take into account the number of different defenders he ha s had to play behind, a settled defence would help

guicey15

Goalkeepers are the scapegoats for goals and game losses far too often. Having played in goal lots of times myself, I would know :laugh:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I didnt rate him before we signed and wasnt over the moon when we did. And i havent seen him do anything that makes me think we've got a safe pair of hands in goal since he been with us. But i accept he's the best we can afford so we've got to put up with him being our number 1

SkyBlue

Murphy made some sensational saves against Leeds. Always rated him as a keeper, was quality for Scunthorpe when they came to the Ricoh last year

pusbccfc

Yeah he's gave one or two goals away but think of how many games he's kept us in!
His shot stopping is 2nd to none.

pusbccfc

Oh and I say this again, if anyone was at the pre seasons, I don't think you would be rushing in to getting dunn in just yet!

FinchyNo1

He is a good shot stopper but really has to show the defence that he can comand his area - you watch how many crosses come in the 6 yard box and murphy doesnt move. Give Dunn a chance his size and presence is a massive advantage although ive never seen much of him - only when he came on for murphy when he got injured and he played well.

Nonleagueherewecome

Oh and I say this again, if anyone was at the pre seasons, I don't think you would be rushing in to getting dunn in just yet!

That said, if you'd been at the Leam game, you'd have had Clive Platt put down forthwith!

Disorganised1

I really thought the game against Leeds would have killed off this kind of rubbish.

Astute

So we have had AT out and now it is Murphy's turn :facepalm:

Who is going to be next I wonder :thinking about:

Nonleagueherewecome

So we have had AT out and now it is Murphy's turn :facepalm:

Who is going to be next I wonder :thinking about:

Don't forget Harrison, he's been blamed too! I blame the tea lady. She should be spiking their refreshments with performance enhancing drugs.

Nonleagueherewecome

A bit rich blaming Murphy, Cameron had already lost us the Southampton game before his mistake. Cameron looked overweight, lethargic and a liabilty to me

Y'see I think it's more that he was desperately trying to cover for McPake all game. He managed it pretty well for the first part of the game, but in general it really was like defending with one centre-back: he couldn't mark two men, much as he tried!

Y'see I think it's more that he was desperately trying to cover for McPake all game. He managed it pretty well for the first part of the game, but in general it really was like defending with one centre-back: he couldn't mark two men, much as he tried!

You may be right but our best back four is Hussey, Cranie, Keough and Christie. With the exeption of maybe Clarke the rest are not good enough or are injured most of the time

Nonleagueherewecome

You may be right but our best back four is Hussey, Cranie, Keough and Christie. With the exeption of maybe Clarke the rest are not good enough or are injured most of the time

Mostly agree, although on this seasons form I like Wood at CB for the physical presence (never thought I'd be pro-Wood..fnar, sounds a bit rude!). I also rate Clarke very highly.

But I wouldn't write Cameron off too soon; he was in the side when we got to 4th before the hoofball wa found out. He tailed off badly last season, but he's still young and his errors are no worse than those Turner made at a similar age (poor passing, diving in).
He just maybe isn't ready yet.

Users who are viewing this thread