Jodi Jones (1 Viewer)

higgs

How's is Jodi Jones doing in his recovery?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

gspotgaz

I think his career at a decent level
Is over unfortunately .... he didn’t look right at all mentally when he came back and it’s going to be much much harder this time

Dreadfully sad

higgs

Apparently going well - recovering faster than the first operation and able to straighten his leg better than at the same stage last time
It's going to be a long slog though
Tough on him hope he bounces back

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

Duncan Watmore at Sunderland is just coming back from two ACL's on the same knee so is the example to watch. Same surgeon as Jones' second op too I believe

We need to bring him back slowly, so we’ll have to get at least 2 wingers in the summer. For me, we almost have to ‘shelve’ him in the sense that we should plan our squad on the assumption he won’t come back. If he comes back, he can play a role as a sub, and work his way from there!

He looked good when he came back, and felt they managed him well, it’s just really unlucky. Perhaps he didn’t rehab as well as he should have.

Johnnythespider

Is over unfortunately .... he didn’t look right at all mentally when he came back and it’s going to be much much harder this time

Dreadfully sad
You may be right about his career, as for the mental side he may have known things weren't right with his knee after the first op so this would play heavily on his mind.

covboy1987

Jodi like all players will hopefully get over the physical challenges of these injuries then a period getting over the mental challenges - There is absolutely no reason why he can't come back stronger as age is on his side - Calum Wilson would be an example to follow

CJ_covblaze

Jodi like all players will hopefully get over the physical challenges of these injuries then a period getting over the mental challenges - There is absolutely no reason why he can't come back stronger as age is on his side - Calum Wilson would be an example to follow

Hasn’t Jones done the same knee twice though?

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Apparently going well - recovering faster than the first operation and able to straighten his leg better than at the same stage last time
It's going to be a long slog though

Would have expected that - they usually re-use the same tunnels that were made in the first op, so there is naturally less trauma to the knee to recover from. I experienced similar. Glad to hear he's progressing well.

ccfcricoh

Watching MOTD on Saturday and Shearer was talking about Wilson and said he had 2 knee injuries as well.

Claimed it didnt affect him until he was in his 30s when he lost a yard of pace.

I remember him doing his ACL once but don't remember the other!

I know everyone is different it was just the way he dismissed it as it shouldn't affect you which got me thinking of Jones at the time!

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

How were after the second op?

The initial recovery (ie. first few weeks post-op) was easier and quicker for me for the reason I outlined above – I was off crutches faster, swelling went down faster, was able to get going with exercises faster than after the first op. Unfortunately I did mine again 6 months later, and my 3rd one gave out after 2 years. That was about 5 years ago - planning to have op #4 pretty soon. Shame I can't afford Williams!

hill83

The initial recovery (ie. first few weeks post-op) was easier and quicker for me for the reason I outlined above – I was off crutches faster, swelling went down faster, was able to get going with exercises faster than after the first op. Unfortunately I did mine again 6 months later, and my 3rd one gave out after 2 years. That was about 5 years ago - planning to have op #4 pretty soon. Shame I can't afford Williams!

Name change to Dimi-mylegsnapalot

Magwitch

Dreadfully sad
Callum Wilson had two ACLs and is now being touted as a £70million player, as someone has said Alan Shearer on Saturday spoke about his two ACLs and said he was fine afterwards. Don’t think it’s been said how severe JJs latest one is but with modern surgery I’d expect a full recovery but will take time

better days

Bloody hell you poor sod
Hope it works out for you
When Bellerin from Arsenal went over on his knee on TV at the weekend and thought 'ACL' as soon I as I saw it, even in real tnime

better days

Callum Wilson had two ACLs and is now being touted as a £70million player, as someone has said Alan Shearer on Saturday spoke about his two ACLs and said he was fine afterwards. Don’t think it’s been said how severe JJs latest one is but with modern surgery I’d expect a full recovery but will take time
Apparently there were no serious complications and the surgeon is pretty confident of a good outcome for Jones
Time will tell

CJ_covblaze

Ideally they'll use the same tunnels but it's not always that simple. They're struggling to work out what to do with mine as they used two different tunnels for my first two ACLs. My second reconstruction was quite a long one as they tried using the first tunnel but after cleaning it out and putting it in place the graft didn't stay put meaning they had to go elsewhere. Hope you get it sorted. Who did you have?

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Ideally they'll use the same tunnels but it's not always that simple. They're struggling to work out what to do with mine as they used two different tunnels for my first two ACLs. My second reconstruction was quite a long one as they tried using the first tunnel but after cleaning it out and putting it in place the graft didn't stay put meaning they had to go elsewhere. Hope you get it sorted. Who did you have?

Yeah - one of the opinions I had was to fill in the tunnels with bone graft and then do the ACL after that had set, therefore using a new tunnel. 2 separate ops. Thankfully other opinions have said they don't need to do that.

Had a local guy from London suburbs where I live. Next one will be done by a guy from a London clinic who does players from the Championship, academy players from Prem etc.

hill83

its funny because cov used to have a keeper called dimitrios konstantopoulos

very similar to the users name you are mocking

what a coincidence!

0C7beMM.gif

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

its funny because cov used to have a keeper called Dimitrios konstantopoulos

very similar to the users name you are mocking

what a coincidence!
HOW TF did you spell this right but get normal words horrifically wrong LOL?
Not quite right , so I've corrected it for you. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread