Jodi Jones impact (1 Viewer)

block16

Sure there probably already is a post on this but couldn’t find it. I am so so excited for Jodi jones to be back in the team and in form. Him and Tom Bayliss together (for the first time if I’m right?) with Chaplin, JCH and Thomas/Allassani is a mouthwatering attack. Just remind yourselves how good JJ is.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Any news from the club regarding his fitness?
I reckon something untoward has happened, he's been missing from both teams for a good couple of weeks now
In an interview with Mark Robins after the game on Saturday he said, Jodi Jones took part in training on Saturday and is hoping to get up to full fitness soon.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

He's half decent but no world beater.

pusbccfc

Had he been fit all season, we would have finished in the top 3.

Magwitch

Looking at last Saturdays successful line up where would you say Jodie Jones would play and who would you drop ?

ceetee

Too many expectations. He's been out for a year, and will take time to get up to speed. Look at Andreu''s fitness. He was inconsistent at this level two seasons ago and has to re-establish himself. We need to be patient.

SkyBlueCRJ

I'd be hesitant about the impact he may/may not have. Look at the players in our squad who have come back from similar injuries. Brown, Ogogo and Andreu all suffered ACL's/MCL's last season and all have looked horribly rusty since returning to first team action.

Magwitch

A fully fit again Jodie Jones would be like a new signing and on previous form good enough to slot straight into the first eleven so as said where do you think he’d play

hill83

A fully fit again Jodie Jones would be like a new signing and on previous form good enough to slot straight into the first eleven so as said where do you think he’d play

He'd replace Thomas I'd imagine.

SkyBlueCRJ

It's a difficult one as both Thomas and Shipley are playing relatively well. Having Jones and Thomas either side of the wings would absolutely terrify defenders so that's probably the logical choice from a fans perspective but Shipley looks like he's starting to adapt to League One so I wouldn't want to shift him just yet.

Greggs

Definitely good enough going forward, but is he as good as Thomas and Shipley defensively? Noticed on Saturday the amount of dirty work that our two wide players put in, good effort!

hill83

Definitely good enough going forward, but is he as good as Thomas and Shipley defensively? Noticed on Saturday the amount of dirty work that our two wide players put in, good effort!

That's why I'd say Thomas out of the 2, Jones could be classed as more of a 'luxury player'. It's all nonsense anyway, it's a squad game.

Magwitch

Shipley is a totally different player, can boarder on being a bit nasty on the quiet at times, I would say Thomas, come January when Thomas goes back to Derby Jones should be fighting fit and ready to go

better days

I reckon something untoward has happened, he's been missing from both teams for a good couple of weeks now
Definitely not
He's had a relatively small muscle problem not connected with the ACL injury
He felt it in his last U23 game so didn't go back after HT
Been having treatment after initially resting for a few days and not far away now
After so long out small problems are inevitable so his return has to be carefully managed

Otis

Definitely not
He's had a relatively small muscle problem not connected with the ACL injury
He felt it in his last U23 game so didn't go back after HT
Been having treatment after initially resting for a few days and not far away now
After so long out small problems are inevitable so his return has to be carefully managed
Bollocks!!

How on earth does that help fuel any conspiracy theories?

covcity4life

if he picks up where he left off we are going to be a a real threat going forwards

mowbray helping us to 2nd promotion would be huge considering hes doing same at blackburn too. thanks tone. love you.

ceetee

if he picks up where he left off we are going to be a a real threat going forwards

mowbray helping us to 2nd promotion would be huge considering hes doing same at blackburn too. thanks tone. love you.
But where he left off was in Div 4 and he was not around long enough to show he couldd sustain that level of performance. I'm not bring critical of him; .just concerned about people's expectations

Littlewood CCFC

Lost count of the amount of times Shipley got sucked infield Saturday and the long diagonal was played to their RB in acres of space...especially one in the 2nd half where he completely switched off and the RB layed it back to the Barnsley forward and he skyed a sitter. He's the only player I can comfortably say is no where near good enough to play at this level and if he wernt a cov lad he would get slated. Jones will take his place as currently Shipleys the weak link in the team.

covcity4life

But where he left off was in Div 4 and he was not around long enough to show he couldd sustain that level of performance. I'm not bring critical of him; .just concerned about people's expectations
IF he is still fast as fuck i think he will be good in league 1

Warwickhunt

we have to be patient with him! that was some serious fucked up injury he is coming back from and it will take a while for him to get his speed back, Andreu & Agogo have both hit the wall recently as well,

Nick

Administrator
He clearly isn't going to come in and score loads on his debut, going to take him time to get there again.

According to the bloke at the Arsenal match though he had a decent game with his new haircut.

Users who are viewing this thread