Jobs - A funny old thing... (1 Viewer)

Should I work in a job I like or for more money?

• Job satisfaction

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • Better money

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters

scroobiustom

There have been numerous threads/ arguments on here about jobs and the unemployed,

not that many (if any will care) but having been fucked for work since June, today got offered two jobs!

Get the fuck in!, only problem now go with my heart or my wallet, opinions?

Otis

Heart.

I left a job paying 5 grand more to get job satisfaction. Was much happier as a result and much, much less stressed.

Nick

Administrator
Congratulations :)

I'd say it depends on just how much money! Is the job you love decent enough money to get by on?

dutchman

When you're doing a job you like it's not really 'work'.

What I can't stand is people who detest their job, won't change it even though they could and insist that everyone else should be as miserable as they are!

BackRoomRummermill

Well if you went to an interview then you must have interested in the higher paid job.

Take the higher paid job. They think you are worth more so take it. You will only get bored in the other

Covstu

I love my job but its all about satisfaction rather than the money. Do t get me wrong, it's a major driver but in the role I am in, I wa t to do the best I can but sadly sometimes that results in silly hours.

CCFC Germany

Just have a thought about how many hours / days a week and of your life you'll spend at work.
I'd always go with what I like doing.

Astute

Congrats on new job

I am lucky as I now happy with both, but have done some right shit jobs in the past. If the pay for the job that you enjoy would be enough to do what you want and need to do then take it. There is nothing as bad as having a job you hate. In most jobs you spend more time at work than anything else. This gets you down. It can have an effect on life as a whole. The only problem of having the job you would love is that after doing it for a bit of time it can get boring. Mine does, but at least I never have the feeling that I don't want to go into work. I have worked for the same company since 1996 though, and hope to be with them until I plan to retire in 15 to 20 years.

Will there be a chance of working your way up in the job you would prefer and get a better wage in the future?

Just remember that the difference in wage is not the difference in your pocket after stoppages.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I had this decision happen to me just once in my life. I made the wrong choice and was pi**ed of for years! Think carefully, then decide.

I actually went for a job that I thought I would enjoy over one that was local and higher paid. I was out of the other job within a week and the company went bust within 6 months. By the time I had started and finished the other job had long gone.

skybluejelly

i had the choice of one job with job security and nice to do and another with more money and shitty hours....being a greedy git i do them both..

hughescov

I had the choice of two jobs too. I chose the wrong one.. Be careful and I'd say chose the job with more money, you may grow to enjoy it and how do you know you will hate it until you have actually started working there?!

Hugh Jarse

Remember, you spend more 'wide awake' time at work than you do at home, so whatever your chosen job is it has to be one you enjoy doing. If it's not you could end up bringing the misery home, making your spare time a bloody nightmare.

So, my vote goes for job satisfaction everytime.

Users who are viewing this thread