Job vacancy (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2477

The club are advertising for a new first team analyst.
Dont know why they dont just save a few quid and read a few experts on here 😂
For a bit of fun who would be perfect for this job from SBT and why ?

Coventry City Football Club are looking for a talented individual to join our Performance Analysis Department to drive the delivery of elite level analysis throughout the organisation.
JOB DESCRIPTION

Job Location: Sky Blue Lodge Training Ground, Leamington Road, Ryton-on-Dunsmore, Coventry, CV8 3FL.
Contract Type: Permanent/ Full time.
Closing Date: 21/05/2021

ROLE RESPONSIBILITES

Reporting into the Head of Performance Analysis, the successful candidate will play a vital role supporting the provision of detailed pre and post-match analysis for the first team. They will be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, have a high level knowledge of football tactics and experience with industry specific software.
  • Supporting the pre-match, match day and post match analysis process as directed the manager, coaching staff and Head of Analysis.
  • Working daily with the analysis department to maintain and update long-term analysis projects, present key findings and support ad hoc requests.
  • Offering support to other departments at the training facility.
  • Support the analysis delivery to the club’s Under-23 team.

ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
The successful candidate will have strong desire to learn and develop their analytical skills whilst showing a passion around the impact performance analysis can have on athlete and team development.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
  • BSc in Performance Analysis, Sport Science or other related subjects.
  • Experience with video capture, coding, and presentation software and an understanding of how they support both live and pre/post match processes (SportsCode, Keynote, etc).
  • Clear and informative presentation skills (Keynote, Powerpoint, etc).
  • High level of tactical/ technical knowledge within an elite level environment.
SAFEGUARDING
Coventry City FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.

EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.

HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the First Team Performance Analyst role at Coventry City Football
Club:
  • Please read the job description and ensure that you meet the Essential Requirements of the role.
  • Read the Guidance Notes for the completing the Application Form.
  • Read the Privacy Policy.
  • Please send a covering letter, your completed Application Form, signed Self Declaration Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form to [email protected] by 21st May 2021.
  • Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview after the closing date.
  • Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for a placement interview.
  • Incomplete applications and those that do not meet the essential requirements of the role or received after the closing date and will not be considered.
Applications Close - 21st May 2021 (Interview Process to Follow)

Sky Blue Pete

Coventry City Football Club are looking for a talented individual to join our Performance Analysis Department to drive the delivery of elite level analysis throughout the organisation.
JOB DESCRIPTION

Job Location: Sky Blue Lodge Training Ground, Leamington Road, Ryton-on-Dunsmore, Coventry, CV8 3FL.

ROLE RESPONSIBILITES

Reporting into the Head of Performance Analysis, the successful candidate will play a vital role supporting the provision of detailed pre and post-match analysis for the first team. They will be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, have a high level knowledge of football tactics and experience with industry specific software.
  • Supporting the pre-match, match day and post match analysis process as directed the manager, coaching staff and Head of Analysis.
  • Working daily with the analysis department to maintain and update long-term analysis projects, present key findings and support ad hoc requests.

ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
The successful candidate will have strong desire to learn and develop their analytical skills whilst showing a passion around the impact performance analysis can have on athlete and team development.
  • Experience with video capture, coding, and presentation software and an understanding of how they support both live and pre/post match processes (SportsCode, Keynote, etc).
  • High level of tactical/ technical knowledge within an elite level environment.
SAFEGUARDING
Coventry City FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.

EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.

HOW TO APPLY
Club:
  • Please read the job description and ensure that you meet the Essential Requirements of the role.
  • Please send a covering letter, your completed Application Form, signed Self Declaration Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form to [email protected] by 21st May 2021.
  • Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview after the closing date.
  • Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for a placement interview.
  • Incomplete applications and those that do not meet the essential requirements of the role or received after the closing date and will not be considered.
Salary - £15k - to be fair shmmee would be great in this post

Sky Blue Pete

Imagine having done the years at Uni, having those skills and qualifications and only getting 15k for it. Seems woefully low for an increasingly important role at clubs. Perhaps I've just been out of the UK for too long.
I’m so sorry I was joking about £15k!!!! I don’t know the salary I couldn’t find it

fernandopartridge

Imagine having done the years at Uni, having those skills and qualifications and only getting 15k for it. Seems woefully low for an increasingly important role at clubs. Perhaps I've just been out of the UK for too long.
It's a pathetic salary, it should be at least double that

Bugsy

JOB DESCRIPTION

ROLE RESPONSIBILITES

ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
SAFEGUARDING

EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES

HOW TO APPLY
Club:

expert first team analyst, there's only one man for that job........

take it away Grenny.........PUSB

edit: thinking about it fuck that 1st month in that job the players would revolt as he would be calling them all shit

Last edited:

Hobo

Imagine some on here doing that job 😂

"Bin him he is shit. You have to make at least 7 changes next week Mark. We need at least 18 players in the January window. If this winning run comes to an end we will be staring relegation form in the face." 😂

Philosorapter

Just don't give it to Philosorapter.

Performances will nose dive, Robins will be sacked, absolutely no one at the club will be able to decipher what any of the graphs actually mean

I'll have to find the classic I posted on here when I was bored.

I don't know if I deleted it or not. :)

Philosorapter

D

Deleted member 2477

expert first team analyst, there's only one man for that job........

take it away Grenny.........PUSB

edit: thinking about it fuck that 1st month in that job the players would revolt as he would be calling them all shit
Max could score 5 and he would recommend to get rid

D

Deleted member 2477

Imagine some on here doing that job 😂

"Bin him he is shit. You have to make at least 7 changes next week Mark. We need at least 18 players in the January window. If this winning run comes to an end we will be staring relegation form in the face." 😂
Mark I know we are top of the league but weve just lost a game. theres a Uber outside with your name on it

SonofErnie

To compete with equivalent graduate level roles in marketing or financial services it would have to be around the 30k mark. Anyone with a track record would be expecting 40k and upwards.

rob9872

Not a chance City will be paying anything like that based on previous adverts. They'll take a junior who uses it as a stepping stone and a 'good to have on their cv'

I'm looking for an admin paying £20k p/a if anyone's interested or know someone who might be :cool:

(anyone who has posted more than me need not apply you time wasters!)

btw based in Warwick, so ideally you're Warwick / Leamington or it won't be worth the commute.

Philosorapter

I've got to say I am very curious how CCFC are doing their stats etc.

Frostie

To compete with equivalent graduate level roles in marketing or financial services it would have to be around the 30k mark. Anyone with a track record would be expecting 40k and upwards.

I don't know that it's the case with us but I can tell you for a fact that a lot of football clubs pay next to nothing (even literally nothing bar expenses sometimes) as they expect people to be falling over themselves to work in football & have that experience on their CV.

With the realisation of the importance of data analysis in football now, there are signs that we are (very) slowly moving away from that prehistoric thinking & rightly so.

Danceswithhorses

Give the job to grendel...he can tell Robins exactly where he's going wrong, introduce him to Kenny Jackett, and fetch Robins that taxi he ordered.

lifeskyblue

Give the job to grendel...he can tell Robins exactly where he's going wrong, introduce him to Kenny Jackett, and fetch Robins that taxi he ordered.

Yes but if Robins takes his advice we will be back in L1.
Leave it to the professionals...forget the serial taxi callers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

I would have considered that salary an insult when I was 25 let alone now

Grendel

What happened to pulling yourself up by the bootstraps and proving your worth to a company? ;)

Happened well before then. I actually don’t see the attraction for a graduate working for a football club. I’d imagine it’s a pretty haphazard commercial set up

ccfc1234

If anyone on here has the skillset and thinks they could add value to the club by being in the role please do apply. There is a lot to be said for making your passion your job. This is a growing area in the sport if you have an eye for detail and know what your looking for. Remeber a salary is a guideline for the right candidate 5k more might be found from Joy's purse.

Last edited:

Somerset Sky Blue

The chap who does this for Huddersfield led my boy's jpl team in a one hour training zoom call - explained his role, gave some great examples of how they analyse the play and how they then discuss it with the player and manager. Really interesting and he clearly loves his job.
Lad's games are recorded every three weeks and the players have to then analyse individual and team performance...
Very different to thirty years ago in grassroots - one football and lots of piggyback and wheelbarrow races in training!

mark82

Happened well before then. I actually don’t see the attraction for a graduate working for a football club. I’d imagine it’s a pretty haphazard commercial set up

I guess a couple of things would draw people in. Passion for the game/club in question. Opportunity to progress to bigger clubs, would imagine salaries at established Premier League clubs would be significantly higher.

SeaSeeEffCee

Jobs in football are notoriously low-paying as they know that young lads straight out of Uni are desperate to get a foothold in the industry and will overlook the pay. I worked in the industry for a year and a half for an independent company but looked to move on because of how poorly paid the position was.

Users who are viewing this thread