Job difficulty (1 Viewer)

speedie87

I was wondering whether job is a more difficult one for someone starting today or for Robins when he started?

When robins started he had to turn around a team that had just been relegated and had a bad start the the season. But he did have a good squad and funds available for loans, all within a squad which was good enough for a promotion push

Anyone coming in now is inheriting a squad which has turned the corner, but is running out of time to achieve anything this season. Plus if they fail to go up this season you would have to think that the budget would be cut dramatically for next season.

ccfcway

both couldnt really lose...

We arent getting promoted this season, so a new manager will get the time to get his squad together ready for a push next year.

Any semi decent manager should have kept us up in this league, so Robins knew he would be onto a winner

Hey, and when all else fails, they could get sacked and earn a nice decent wedge compensation !

torchomatic

Personally, I think the play-offs have now disappeared in a puff of Robins' shaped smoke. The new man (God, please not Oggy or "Carso") will need to get to know the players (and vice versa). Then again, the players should have the professionalism and the gumption to get on with it. Last Tuesday shows them how it could be at Coventry City.

Otis

Trouble is now, whoever comes in I'm not sure the City faithful are going to believe a single word he is going to say.

Users who are viewing this thread