'Jimmy's Hill' protests having the desired effect! (1 Viewer)

@richh87

Sky Sports just went live to the game at Sixfields, and the reporter said "you may be able to see a lot of protestors on the hill in the background, protesting that matches are being played here in Northampton". "They have been making a RACKET throughout the game!!!".

It seems the gantry they report from is perfectly positioned as I could see loads of protestors with banners in the background!

Well done boys, I'll be joining you next time!!!

PUSB, SISU OUT!

Nick

Administrator
The desired effect is to get the club moved back surely rather than just a bit of a mention on sky sports news?

If it does get the club back, very fair play :D

@richh87

You can see a load of them in the background on the far left. Well done!

a4eje6a5.jpg

mrbluesky87

Nick, give them guys a break for God's sake. While I have no intention of stepping foot in Northampton I will give them credit for getting media attention and bringing our plight to the fore. So all those knocking the guys on the hill, what exactly are you doing to help highlight our problems?

@richh87

The desired effect is to get the club moved back surely rather than just a bit of a mention on sky sports news?

If it does get the club back, very fair play :D

Any negative press for SISU is welcome though; and Sky Sports is the best place for it I'd say.

Nick

Administrator
Nick, give them guys a break for God's sake. While I have no intention of stepping foot in Northampton I will give them credit for getting media attention and bringing our plight to the fore. So all those knocking the guys on the hill, what exactly are you doing to help highlight our problems?

I haven't knocked I have just said the aim is surely to get us back to coventry?

@richh87

We should aim to get more on the hill than in the ground - that would make a big statement.

chiefdave

I thought they said they were hoping to get some media coverage today hence picking this game when there's no premiership? If so then this particular protest has had the desired effect. I don't think anyone going to the hill today thought that by the final whistle Fisher would have changed his made and said we're going back to the Ricoh, it's all about keeping the issue in the spotlight. The more coverage the better.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I haven't knocked I have just said the aim is surely to get us back to coventry?

Your comment made it sound that the protest was a failure as SISU didn't decide to move back to the Ricoh, while they had their halftime cup of tea.

As many have pointed out - this will take time.

Nick

Administrator
Your comment made it sound that the protest was a failure as SISU didn't decide to move back to the Ricoh, while they had their halftime cup of tea.

As many have pointed out - this will take time.

I know it will take time and time will tell if they are effective or not!

skybluetony176

i'm starting to feel a change of heart, perhaps i should go to the hill :thinking about: i'll sleep on it. biggest problem is I've just ripped the bathroom apart as i thought my weekends were free for a while :facepalm:

RoboCCFC90

I wish everyone would stop referring it to Jimmy's Hill..

Astute

I know it will take time and time will tell if they are effective or not!

'They' are supposed to be 'we'

I am working the next 4 weekends. If the hill protests are still happening I will join you all for the few weeks after then. 4 hours plus each way makes it a bit difficult for me. But will be there when I can.

I am proud of all of you. One single thing we do won't make any difference to our plight. But everything put together WILL make a difference. So more outside the ground than in wouldn't get noticed? The FL and FA will be hoping all this will go away. It looks as though things are starting to happen though. Sky are much bigger than SISU. The more we can get that are not worried about legal threats backing us....or at least showing everyone else what is happening makes there more of a chance of moving back home.

Thanks again lads. Just as happy to see all of you making such an effort as I do us getting 3 points today.

Astute

agreed. Jimmy would be disgusted to have it named after him

How dare you say that?

So someone who gave so much of his life to our club wouldn't want his name used as part of getting our club back in their own city? He helped make our club become what it did more than anyone else. Thanks for disrespecting Mr Coventry City himself.

ohitsaidwalker king power

agreed. Jimmy would be disgusted to have it named after him

He'd be disgusted at many things far more important in this sorry sorry affair than having a hill named after him with a tongue placed firmly in cheeks of those that mention it... Can I speculate that if this is really what gets your goat the most about this whole affair then perhaps you just dont get it?

RoboCCFC90

How dare you say that?

So someone who gave so much of his life to our club wouldn't want his name used as part of getting our club back in their own city? He helped make our club become what it did more than anyone else. Thanks for disrespecting Mr Coventry City himself.

Mr Coventry wouldn't want to be associated with Northampton in anyway!

covhead1

Well done to all the City fans that went to the hill today, I really wish that i had been there.

Next time i will be.

RoboCCFC90

I have a feeling Mr Hill wouldn't be on your side of this argument.

Mr Hill would be demanding these idiots in charge of Otium and ACL get back round the table and do whatever he can, but at a place that has no recognition to us whatsoever I doubt Jimmy would enjoy it to much, but I could be wrong..

Monners

Was on the hill today after being unsure about the effectiveness of this kind of thing. All I can is well done to all those who attended. It was a real mixture of people - all ages, walks of life (judging from the ones that I spoke to). The one thing we all had in common was our love for the club and desire to see it back in its rightful home. Well done to Michael for bringing the idea forward - it was as effective as it could have been. Raised awareness through peaceful protest, and supported the players at the same time. A fair few of them applauded us diring the game (Murhphy and Baker particularly should take a bow).

Now for the Sheff Utrd game.

RoboCCFC90

Why? Fuck me mate. You're such a misery! I bet you're fun at parties!

Massive fun..

I just have the personal opinion that referring to a hill that has no past bearing or is not even in Coventry is not something I agree with, would Jimmy Hill? I don't know..

Last edited:

ajsccfc

I didn't realise the hill loomed so large over the ground like that. Do any Northampton fans actually pay to watch their games or just fill the hill?

Astute

Mr Hill would be demanding these idiots in charge of Otium and ACL get back round the table and do whatever he can, but at a place that has no recognition to us whatsoever I doubt Jimmy would enjoy it to much, but I could be wrong..

Wake up. Blow the cobwebs out from between your ears. One side don't want talks. And they have a few fans blaming the other side as much as themselves for not doing anything. One side goes to the media whenever they have the slightest bit of good news for the fans.......even if it isn't true or they shouldn't be making comments.

Yes about 99% of us know that nobody are blameless. But about 90% of us know the truth of us being in Northampton.

RoboCCFC90

Wake up. Blow the cobwebs out from between your ears. One side don't want talks. And they have a few fans blaming the other side as much as themselves for not doing anything. One side goes to the media whenever they have the slightest bit of good news for the fans.......even if it isn't true or they shouldn't be making comments.

Yes about 99% of us know that nobody are blameless. But about 90% of us know the truth of us being in Northampton.

So your suggestion is that if they (Otium) don't want talks then they don't want to return to Coventry? Didn't Joy Seppala say in the interview with Nikki Sinclaire that they would be willing to talk with the Council?

Users who are viewing this thread