Jimmy's Hill protest or Ricoh ? (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

Will send a clear message to the media, the FL and the FL if we can get 7,000 plus for the FPA game compare with 2,000 plus (if lucky!) at Sexfields. Do you agree ?

Steve.B50

The Ricoh should have as many fans as possible so it puts Northampton to shame on same day, but can also understand the feelings of others who want to stand on the hill, just lets keep it peaceful.

CarpyCov84

It needs to go to the press get the word out there were its gonna be ASAP as most I know are going to jimmy's hill ??? Ricoh is a good about but won't the focus be actually at Northampton with all that's going on???

skybluericoh

What time is kick off? I'l be at the Ricoh, if it's finished in time I'll go straight to Jimmy's Hill and join any protest there.

Delboycov

Got to be the Ricoh and it's for a very worthy cause. Besides I've promised one of the organisers, my mate Kirk Stephens I'll be there to show support.

dongonzalos

There is a match at the Ricoh.

Surely Jimmy's hill can be for the next home game

The more crowd you have in one place the bigger the point made.

Defeats the object to split the crowd

NTFC

Can you not see how by calling it Jimmy's Hill you are legitimising the move, even inadvertently. The more Cov fans turn up at Sixfields the more people will have an excuse to say look at those muppets travelling to sixfields regardless. And you'll be using Northampton businesses, further legitimising the move.

What the fcuk have Cov got to do with Northampton, just ignore the move completely. Stay away. An empty sixfields will speak louder than a few people lurking at sixfields and possibly getting themselves nicked.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Can you not see how by calling it Jimmy's Hill you are legitimising the move, even inadvertently. The more Cov fans turn up at Sixfields the more people will have an excuse to say look at those muppets travelling to sixfields regardless. And you'll be using Northampton businesses, further legitimising the move.

What the fcuk have Cov got to do with Northampton, just ignore the move completely. Stay away. An empty sixfields will speak louder than a few people lurking at sixfields and possibly getting themselves nicked.

Even as a Cov fan I have to agree with NTFC.

People say 'I won't travel Outside of Coventry for home games' yet they are prepared to travel to 'protest' at the ground the 'home' games are being played at, which happens to be outside of Coventry. Kinda defeats the object IMO.

sky blue john

People say 'I won't travel Outside of Coventry for home games' yet they are prepared to travel to 'protest' at the ground the 'home' games are being played at, which happens to be outside of Coventry. Kinda defeats the object IMO.

I have to agree and think this would be recipe for disaster.
The possibility of tempers running high arrests wouldn't help our cause !!!
But having said that it doesn't hurt for them to think we might turn up in numbers, Sisu would then incur more policing costs.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

So the Jarrow marchers should have stayed in Jarrow?

Voice_of_Reason

Our former players and legends are showing SISU what THEY think by arranging this 130 years celebration game to coincide with the "home" game at Sixfields. They are sticking two fingers up to SISU, so lets support them and join them ?

Sterling Archer

This charity match is such a good opportunity for the masses on this site, who won't go to any more games to show their support for us as a club. Really hope apathy doesn't rule on this one. It needs more publicity though.

Last edited:
It's a shame it wasn't organised / publicised further in advance. How amazing would a 32,000 sell out for the legends match have been? The Crewe game showed how many we can get up there.

If Carlsberg did protests...

ajsccfc

I think it'd be a much better and more positive sight if lots people were at the Ricoh and at the same time absolutely nobody bar matchgoers were at Northampton, as if it wasn't even happening.

ajsccfc

Our former players and legends are showing SISU what THEY think by arranging this 130 years celebration game to coincide with the "home" game at Sixfields. They are sticking two fingers up to SISU, so lets support them and join them ?

Billy Bell was careful to point out that this game was initially set up when we were set to kick off at the Ricoh the day before so it wasn't meant to be a reaction or protest but a charitable venture/celebration first and foremost. That the cards have fallen this way can only help the charity out now, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread