January Fire Sales (2 Viewers)

1966skyblue

When fans criticise our young players for moving in January they need to realise they have very little choice. I was reliably told that on deadline day last year Maddison was sat down and told he was being sold to the highest bidder. He didn't have a choice on whether he was sold, or if he was, who it was to. If he was going, he would have preferred Tottenham. Stevenson will definitely go whether he wants to or not and it will be to the highest bidder. Sisu will get as much money as they can in the transfer window, try and trouser some money from selling Ryton. Ryton plus transfers = 10m, then they will go. If there are no bidders, expect them to stop paying bills and liquidate the club.

Astute

What a decision. A club without their own ground, soon to sell their own training ground and owners that know nothing or care anything about football or a club that are willing to pay a substantial amount of money for your services, pay you a much higher wage and play at a higher level with better players to learn your trade from.

How are players supposed to decide :shifty:

matesx

.... will get as much money as they can in the transfer window, try and trouser some money from selling Ryton. Ryton plus transfers = 10m, then they will go. If there are no bidders, expect them to stop paying bills and liquidate the club.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much what I've been told

Terry Gibson's perm

.... will get as much money as they can in the transfer window, try and trouser some money from selling Ryton. Ryton plus transfers = 10m, then they will go. If there are no bidders, expect them to stop paying bills and liquidate the club.

Pretty much what I've been told[/QUOTE]

I would take that now to be rid of them, somebody will bid if the value is nothing.

steve82

So an 18 year old with an agent bending his ear and pressure put on from Fisher et al will be able to say no. If they did then they would be left out the team anyway.

That would not happen as he'd still be a saleable asset in the next window. A asset sisu / ccfc could ill afford to rot in the u23's

I'm sure if Maddison really did not want "THAT" move he'd of not signed.

He'd of still had to physically sign his name on a contract... a contract of employment

Sure his agent and fisher would push the move but his final call. His agent may get the hump, if he does fuck him off, I'm sure there would be plenty of agents willing to represent him.

Brylowes

.... will get as much money as they can in the transfer window, try and trouser some money from selling Ryton. Ryton plus transfers = 10m, then they will go. If there are no bidders, expect them to stop paying bills and liquidate the club.

Pretty much what I've been told[/QUOTE]
Even if that were true, selling Ryton won't happen overnight, then there's the "providing provision"
For replacement of pitches thing, though exactly what that means needs clarification.

1966skyblue

That would not happen as he'd still be a saleable asset in the next window. A asset sisu / ccfc could ill afford to rot in the u23's

I'm sure if Maddison really did not want "THAT" move he'd of not signed.

He'd of still had to physically sign his name on a contract... a contract of employment

Sure his agent and fisher would push the move but his final call. His agent may get the hump, if he does fuck him off, I'm sure there would be plenty of agents willing to represent him.
They will go before the next window. Maddison put under so much pressure, he didn't even travel to Norwich to sign.

torchomatic

When fans criticise our young players for moving in January they need to realise they have very little choice. I was reliably told that on deadline day last year Maddison was sat down and told he was being sold to the highest bidder. He didn't have a choice on whether he was sold, or if he was, who it was to. If he was going, he would have preferred Tottenham. Stevenson will definitely go whether he wants to or not and it will be to the highest bidder. Sisu will get as much money as they can in the transfer window, try and trouser some money from selling Ryton. Ryton plus transfers = 10m, then they will go. If there are no bidders, expect them to stop paying bills and liquidate the club.

<kennethwilliams> Oh, stop it! </kennethwilliams>

steve82

They will go before the next window. Maddison put under so much pressure, he didn't even travel to Norwich to sign.

At the 11th hour he most probably didn't.

All I'm saying is yes he may of been pushed to sign but... if he did not see it as the right step forward in his career then I'm sure he would of been able to pull out of any deal by stalling till the summer and see a move come about that suits him.

chiefdave

That's why Maddison went to Norwich not Tottenham. More up front money.
You've given a figure of £10m. Ryton is worth around £2 if the Rugby local plan, which is still in consultation, allows the land to be used for housing. That's months if not years away. So which players are we selling for £8m in up front fees?

Rodders1

If this is right, I'd take it now for SISU to go. Hopefully the academy can churn out a couple more players quick so this current ownership is over asap - imagine how fantastic that day will be.

As for an 18 year old under contract - I think it would be very hard with an agent and fisher and the new club all pushing in the same direction.

trevelfarandwide

Well, we're all jumping on the OP's back about his comments, but don't they ring true? At least SISU's 'exit' strategy does.

Great_Expectations

Any chance of a source? For either the Maddison or the SISU exit strategy information.

baldy

At the 11th hour he most probably didn't.

All I'm saying is yes he may of been pushed to sign but... if he did not see it as the right step forward in his career then I'm sure he would of been able to pull out of any deal by stalling till the summer and see a move come about that suits him.

He may well have been pushed to leave without no choice but the fact remains....
That it's HAVE not OF...eurghhh

dongonzalos

Administration before liquidation

Nick

Administrator
So an 18 year old with an agent bending his ear and pressure put on from Fisher et al will be able to say no. If they did then they would be left out the team anyway.
Didn't look too bothered in his new range rover?

runner

I think as long as we retain Willis ... I'm prepared (because I know we will sell regardless of whether we should) for Harries and Stevenson to go ... less impact overall. Willis would be a loss !

shmmeee

I'm sorry but I'm not having that, if a players under contract he doesn't have to go anywhere.

Yeah, I'm sure if your boss sat you down and told you you had no future and you going was best for everyone in the company, you'd stick around for a bit.

If a player is under contract he can't go anywhere unless we let him.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, I'm sure if your boss sat you down and told you you had no future and you going was best for everyone in the company, you'd stick around for a bit.

If a player is under contract he can't go anywhere unless we let him.
Depends if he was asking me to go somewhere to become a millionaire for doing the same thing I guess.

shmmeee

Depends if he was asking me to go somewhere to become a millionaire for doing the same thing I guess.

Well exactly. The whole "Oh no one is forcing them to go" is intellectually dishonest, it would take a hell of a teenager to turn down real life FIFA The Journey. That's why in reality it's the club that decides when they go.

Nick

Administrator
Well exactly. The whole "Oh no one is forcing them to go" is intellectually dishonest, it would take a hell of a teenager to turn down real life FIFA The Journey. That's why in reality it's the club that decides when they go.
On the other hand, what if the club blocked that for him?

I reckon agents should be banned too.

Astute

And then when a player does leave because of what the club does you get supporters blaming the player. Look at the way Dublin left us. At least he chose the club he went to though. They couldn't make him go to the club offering the most money.

Users who are viewing this thread