James raffell (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Has spent the last few days sorting coaches , pubs etc for supporters for Wembley off his own back .You may know James from the twist and shout magazine or the lad who sells badges .

He just put this on Facebook

3678 people
62 coaches
12 coach firms
5 pubs/ clubs
1 SKY BLUE ARMY!

Tremendous effort by James

Otis

Yep. Indeed.

Saw him in the Wallace with all his bits of paper and lists of coaches and people on them.

That took quite some organising. Hats off to him.

pastythegreat

Has spent the last few days sorting coaches , pubs etc for supporters for Wembley off his own back .You may know James from the twist and shout magazine or the lad who sells badges .

He just put this on Facebook

3678 people
62 coaches
12 coach firms
5 pubs/ clubs
1 SKY BLUE ARMY!

Tremendous effort by James
It's not really off his own back, he does it full time now as a business. Not like he's doing it out the goodness of his heart. Not that I'm saying it's not hard work and time consuming and stressful, but he'll be making an absolute killing out of this.

stevefloyd

This is the guy that has sorted the Alicante trip out...of which I am going :)....ohhhh another sore head

letsallsingtogether

Well he is selling them £10 cheaper then the club and still making money fair play to him.
Jimbos Sky blue Army.

Nick

Administrator
It's his full time job to sort coaches out for cov games or it's something he does for other things as well?

pastythegreat

It's his full time job to sort coaches out for cov games or it's something he does for other things as well?
It was just a hobby but he was saying to me (around MK Dons/Brighton timeish) that he was leaving work to do it full time.

Think he's doing coaches for the Alicante tour too.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

harvey098

I imagine he celebrated us getting to Wembley more than anyone! Fair play to him though. He is a proper cov fan, not just looking to make a buck.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I know Jimbo and he is a good lad, certainly makes a massive effort and has even chartered a plane to the friendlies in Spain.

Done a phenomenal job of organising so many coaches for the playoff final, but he is doing it as a business now so it isn't like he is doing it unpaid or anything. That said, he always did the Twist and Shout stuff and has the club dearly at heart.

Jimbo, if you're reading this - great job mate, but stop spamming the facebook forum ;)

...Ah, who am I kidding, it's full of trolls anyway!

clint van damme

Indeed! Can't believe that people will actually go on the official coaches at their prices.

the drivers side kick made me a cup of coffee on the official one game last season. You can't put a price on that kind of service.

Mucca Mad Boys

Yep. Indeed.

Saw him in the Wallace with all his bits of paper and lists of coaches and people on them.

That took quite some organising. Hats off to him.

Any info on this? I live relatively close to The Wallace so if there’s a coach service, I’d like to get in touch!

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I know Jimbo and he is a good lad, certainly makes a massive effort and has even chartered a plane to the friendlies in Spain.

Done a phenomenal job of organising so many coaches for the playoff final, but he is doing it as a business now so it isn't like he is doing it unpaid or anything. That said, he always did the Twist and Shout stuff and has the club dearly at heart.

Jimbo, if you're reading this - great job mate, but stop spamming the facebook forum ;)

...Ah, who am I kidding, it's full of trolls anyway!

He said on Friday at the Wallace that it's still something he does as a hobby - but he's considering going full-time if we go up next season and the demand is there.

I've got his coaches twice, very reasonable price and you can drink on them - with plenty of rubbish bags provided and as long as the coaches get looked after, Jimbo said he's happy for that to continue, which is pretty decent. Some of the coach drivers are clueless but for a cheap price and drinking on-board, you can't knock it. He's also filled the Wallace twice in recent weeks - which is better than what the usual Olly Murs tribute act can bring in!!

wingy

It certainly isn't enough to make a living from .
Wouldn't broadcast some of it so much ,like drinking .
He's a good lad, absolute City Nut.
Good luck to him ,hope he's got some good Lieutenants to help marshall things on the day, and all goes smoothly.
He deserves some level of reward as the risk is with him.

Nick

Administrator
It certainly isn't enough to make a living from .
Wouldn't broadcast some of it so much ,like drinking .
He's a good lad, absolute City Nut.
Good luck to him ,hope he's got some good Lieutenants to help marshall things on the day, and all goes smoothly.
He deserves some level of reward as the risk is with him.

Did think it would be a bit extreme to make a full time job to lay on coaches for CCFC fans etc so didn't know if he did organising coach trips as well away from CCFC.

If he makes some money from it and provides a decent service then fair play to him!

Covkid1968#

No places left for the Wallace, but there were from the Nugget.

I can PM you his phone number if you want?
I left my cash at the Nugget last night and just waiting for James to confirm - def places left though according to the pub. He needs paying by tomorrow though

Adge

the drivers side kick made me a cup of coffee on the official one game last season. You can't put a price on that kind of service.
Bet there was a brown stain in the bottom where he didn’t stir it properly.

Covkid1968#

Ah, I wondered what that cash was.

Unfortunately (well for you anyway) I bought my daughter an iPad mini case with it.
Haha......I could have done with half of it being taken as Ive been talked into both the Missus and my Mum coming with me and my son.....One's a scouser who supports Everton and just sniggers at Cov games and my Mum hasn't got a clue whats going on at the best of times.....every bone in my body said don't do it....but feck it....share the enjoyment of a famous City day out.

james raffell

I’ve just signed up to this and scrolled through and seen this.
I worked for Johnsons coaches for a while but wasn’t keen, i make nowhere near enough to make a living off this and after payments for Wembley, I made nowhere near the amount people will imagine on that day.
And with losing a couple of 100 quid on Crewe and Crawley it does just about even itself out.
Whether it be Badges, scarves, fanzines, coaches or Alicante I always want to charge what I’ll be happy paying and if anyone knew the exact amount I made... they’d be amazed.
Next year I’ll do a season ticket of travel if anyone is interested, I’m still waiting to hear back off Hansons coaches about the amount it’ll be

james raffell

Fair play to you James. I for one think you could of charged a little more for Wembley. Great trip and well organised. Top man.

If I’m being honest I’d have charged an extra quid, just because a few coaches charged more on the day. But if we have to go up through the play offs again next year rather than automatic, I will do it for 17/18 quid. If anyone gets a season ticket it’ll be cost price. Without sounding stupid theyre the ones I won’t really want to make anything off, ones who book every now and then I’ll make a couple of quid granted.
The words are really appreciated by the way mate

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread