James collins (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2477

scored again yesterday. 14 for the season so far now.
If only we had pushed the boat out a bit a signed him instead of buying a lucky dip of strikers hoping to get a golden ticket

thekidfromstrettoncamp

In June 2 years ago when he come up for sale . i was told by many on here could not afford him,70 games and 33 goals later I think £500,000 then would have been one hell of an investment for a guy who has a better than 1 goal in 3 games average over 10 years .I believe we have spent as much on Chaplin a player has had 3 less shots than him this season and scored 7 against 14.I know stats . don't tell the full story but I know who I would sooner have.

chiefdave

Why is there always an assumption that players that haven't ended up here haven't been on the clubs radar or enquiries made? Not to mention if the club does try to sign someone it doesn't automatically follow that they will come here.

Reactions: vow

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I would not make any assumption but what I would say if Coventry had made a bid I feel sure the player would have given it serious consideration at least to test himself for his home town club where any success would have made him an instant hero.

clint van damme

I would not make any assumption but what I would say if Coventry had made a bid I feel sure the player would have given it serious consideration at least to test himself for his home town club where any success would have made him an instant hero.

he's a young lad with a young family, Lutons offer was too good.
Good luck to him and doing what every young man should do, the best for his missus and kid(s).

chiefdave

Wasn't referring to just Collins, people keep posting we should have signed this player as if we have Robins just have to decide he wants someone and as long as the club get the cheque book out the player will sign. Pretty sure that signing players that are in demand isn't that easy.

CJ_covblaze

He's not a spring chicken but still only 28.

Grendel

It’s impossible to compare as he’s in a team that score goals for fun whereas we don’t and chances would be more restricted

Gazolba

<snip> Pretty sure that signing players that are in demand isn't that easy.
That's why we usually sign players who aren't in demand and then 6 months later realize why.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

It’s impossible to compare as he’s in a team that score goals for fun whereas we don’t and chances would be more restricted
BBC top scorers list shows shots and shots on target of our top 4 and theirs are pretty much the same but when I comes to goals scored 22 to 36 .Goal scoring is a skill .

stupot07

Its also about the way the team play. We are generally possession based and quite cautious, Luton are a bit more direct nf attacking, and get more balls in the box.

Luton have scored 54 goals in 28 games
We have scored 31 in 29.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Went through this discussion last season.

It was pretty easy when you looked at screenshots of games and when their wide player had it they had about 5 in the opposition box waiting for the cross / the rebound / the deflection.

We would have 1 against their defence.

vow

Just saying...........sorry!

rob9872

He's in the pockets of our centre backs along Billy Kee and JCH

Users who are viewing this thread