Jack Rodwell (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Hardly played for Sunderland this season, training separately from the team for £70k/week. He doesn't want to give up his salary, they can't afford to release him and nobody will take him even on a free.

How has it come to that? At least give him the game time and put him in the shop window...

westofrayne

So many young footballers are happy to pick you the vast sums of money they are being paid and are happy to sit on the side lines. In the past players took pride in their achievements these days it's seems to be the bank balance.

When his contract finishes where will he go? he had potential but has not played regularly for years is anybody going to gamble on him.

Is this a simtum of society today, I'm seeing so many people who take no pride in their achievements at work happy to find ways of not doing the job rather than knuckling down and working.

or maybe I'm getting old!

Marty

Apparently has lost all interest in football now, hes going to see out his contract and then retire according to a Sunderland supporting mate of mine. Hes made a fortune from the game for being completely average at best. While you have the likes of someone like Harry Kane who just keeps getting better and wants to achieve more, on the other end of the scale is Jack Rodwell. Maybe it's just something very simply like his personality isn't suited to being a professional athlete. Now he has a few quid stored away his drive and ambition have completely gone.

fernandopartridge

Apparently has lost all interest in football now, hes going to see out his contract and then retire according to a Sunderland supporting mate of mine. Hes made a fortune from the game for being completely average at best. While you have the likes of someone like Harry Kane who just keeps getting better and wants to achieve more, on the other end of the scale is Jack Rodwell. Maybe it's just something very simply like his personality isn't suited to being a professional athlete. Now he has a few quid stored away his drive and ambition have completely gone.

There are probably more players in the game like him (I reckon we must have employed a few of them over the years), at least he's admitting it and jacking it in now. I don't care about Sunderland so good luck to him rinsing them for cash.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Nice work if you can get it,Never really saw him that much was always injured.
Don't suppose he will be rushing down the job centre when his contract runs out!!

Terry Gibson's perm

It must be hard to do if the love has gone and you think you have enough cash, I can see why in a way as I was a rep earning 40k plus a year and I lost my edge and couldn’t be bothered with it anymore so took a job in a warehouse at night earning 12k a year and although it may not come across on here sometimes never been so happy, I do things that I could only dream of before the school run and parents evenings and my kids think it’s great and when there are snow days or illness days I am here for them. There is never a day when I wish I was back in my old jobs established especially when you here delays on the motorway

Users who are viewing this thread