J Clarke at fault for 3/4 of our last goals? (1 Viewer)

KersleyDigs

a solution to J Clarke's last two performances?

Ballsed up for their first goal today and gave the penalty away in the last seconds for their third.

Last game against AFC Wimbledon he ballsed up too with a stupid cross field pass. In my opinion, he needs a rest. Hopefully Jordan Willis will be fit soon. Is it a coincidence, Clarke being praised a lot by the manager and the press and hence playing in an over relaxed manner?

The thing that got the best out if Jordan was criticism and that worked in his favour as cleary as praise hasn't!! Does he play better under pressure? I think so and I think he has lost a little focus since he has been getting praise....

Hopefully he will read this thread and want to prove me wrong ;-)

Last edited:

covboy1987

Ballsed up for their first goal and gave the penalty away in the last seconds for their third. Last game against AFC Wimbledon he ballsed up too with a stupid cross field pass. In my opinion he needs a rest. Hopefully Jordan Willis will be fit soon. Is it a coincidence, Clarke being praised a lot by the manager and the press and hence an over confidence in his performances?

The thing that got the best out if Jordan was criticism and that worked in his favour as cleary as praise hasn't!!

Good thread do not rate him as a central defender also gave away free kicks in dangerous positions - however do rate him as a right back

Hopefully he will read this thread and want to prove me wrong ;-)

mrtrench

The final goal today was such an outrageous cock up that I question the honesty of it.

PVA

The final goal today was such an outrageous cock up that I question the honesty of it.

I think the first was much worse.

Yes putting your hands up when jumping is silly. But a complete air kick under very little pressure is really poor.

KersleyDigs

If there was every a man management sign, then this is it. Bollock the lad and he does the business, praise him and he gets too comfortable.....

ohitsaidwalker king power

He wasn't at his best, I think he'd admit that... I thought the pen was a touch harsh but by the same token difficult to deny it? I also think he should not have been exposed in that manner- some really naive play ahead of him as the game drew to a close.
Equally I was at Walsall.. I thought Jordan was superb in that game.... I guess that's what you get with youngsters.. inconsistency.

mrtrench

I think the first was much worse.

Yes putting your hands up when jumping is silly. But a complete air kick under very little pressure is really poor.

I buy the first as a mistake. The second was clearly deliberate. One needs to ask why he felt this was the correct decision with 20 seconds remaining.

General consensus has been that JC has been exceptional this season but clearly lacks the necessary height to be an all round central defender. However his pace and general footballing skills has provided a get out of jail card for his sidekick Webster on many occasions.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I've criticized him in the other thread but in his defence I don't think Webster helped him out much today. Hanson vs Clarke was always going to be a one sided battle, we needed Webster to do a job on Hanson today and he didn't really do it leaving Clarke exposed vs Hanson.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
General consensus has been that JC has been exceptional this season but clearly lacks the necessary height to be an all round central defender. However his pace and general footballing skills has provided a get out of jail card for his sidekick Webster on many occasions.

Most of the games I've seen, and feedback received from the home games is that JC is having a great season.

However I do continue to worry that we're trying to convert a player into a 'new' position this far into a season and although he's still relatively young, this far into his career (don't know his figure for appearances but he's been around for a fair few seasons now).

Yes he's doing well, but playing someone, in what I consider to be the wrong position, must be having an effect on our defensive frailties.

That said, Webster sometimes proves to be a liability, and has to be bailed out a lot by Clarke who is more blessed with pace than a fair number of squad players.

Not really sure what the answer is, but I hope (and trust he is) Pressley is looking for one!

Sky Blue Harry H

Guys - out of the last 9 games - nobody has beaten us over 90 mins (includes L Orient a - cup). Jordan Clarke has been part of that. Think SP will be (should be) looking at a Centre half who is commanding in the air, but let's not knock what's going on - we are a team, a blend of players - add something extra in, and sometimes you lose a bit of something. It's a fine balancing act. Let's enjoy the direction we're heading and hope the 2 points dropped today don't cost us in the long run. Two BIG games coming up at home. PUSB

wingy

I don't think that there is any coincidence that in the last two matches the team as a whole has under performed in terms of work rate and effort ,therefore exposing the lads at the back.Its true that he made two errors ,but has been a revelation to this point in the season .
Win, lose or draw, its as a team ,maybe they're all starting to believe the Hype.

Users who are viewing this thread