It's Back (1 Viewer)

wingy

Loving it.

ovduk78

Missed it today but will try & watch qualifying tomorrow & will definitely watch race on sunday.

CJ_covblaze

It’s got the potential to be a good season as long as Marquez doesn’t win the first one or two. If he does that I can see him running away with it.

ovduk78

Marquez was struggling with the new Honda at pre season testing so they've either sorted it or he's using last years bike. I'll be cheering him on to hopefully his 7th title. Strange move to put Alex on Crutchlow's bike for next season, they must have someone already lined up to be Marc's teammate.

wingy

Lively race .
Marquez left the track around 3-4 th lap down to 14th got back to 3rd and took too much kerb by the looks of it.
Could disrupt his whole championship if his shoulder has gone like they're speculating.

SBAndy

Don’t know the context behind this but I remember Rossi racing at Donington with a broken wrist and broken ribs (or something like that) following qualifying the previous day, so doesn’t strike me as something new. What’s the fuss about?

wingy

I know it's been done many times before .
Assuming he gets to old age I think they're looking towards H&S .
He'll likely pay the price in his latter years.
Risk to other riders .
Maybe over the top but it's quite a maverick attitude for current times .

wingy

Binder!!
First win for KTM .
First South African to win a GP.
He always looked good in2 last year.
Marquez will be pleased that Quatarano dropped points .
Brilliant.

wingy

Shocking crash .
Looks like some very lucky riders.
I hope no one is seriously hurt.
Think they've got away it.

Red flag.

ovduk78

Shocking crash .
Looks like some very lucky riders.
I hope no one is seriously hurt.
Think they've got away it.

Red flag.
Very lucky rider in earlier moto2 too as they came round a corner and had to avoid a bike in the middle of the track but he didn't see it & went straight through it.

ovduk78

Great race today & moto2 not too bad either. F1 would love to have those who qualified 10th,11th & 6th finish on the podium.

CJ_covblaze

Great race today & moto2 not too bad either. F1 would love to have those who qualified 10th,11th & 6th finish on the podium.
To be fair they had a podium of drivers that started 10th, 3rd and 8th recently.

Paul Anthony

Didn't look good on the track yesterday.
Very saddening.

I didn't see I live and haven't seen any footage since, but having a read quite a bit online about it, immediately brought back memories of what happened to Marco Simoncelli when he sadly lost his life in Malaysia. It's the nightmare scenario in Bike racing. Have to spare a thought for the other rider involved as well, absolutely nothing he could do about it it sounds like.

wingy

I didn't see I live and haven't seen any footage since, but having a read quite a bit online about it, immediately brought back memories of what happened to Marco Simoncelli when he sadly lost his life in Malaysia. It's the nightmare scenario in Bike racing. Have to spare a thought for the other rider involved as well, absolutely nothing he could do about it it sounds like.
Yes unfortunately in the centre of the track not gravel,hard impact, I was worried about one other involved in the aftermath who luckily did slide into the gravel.

ovduk78

Yes unfortunately in the centre of the track not gravel,hard impact, I was worried about one other involved in the aftermath who luckily did slide into the gravel.
I saw it live and thought the rider down on the grass did not look in a good way, I take it that was Dupasquier. Very sad news

wingy

I saw it live and thought the rider down on the grass did not look in a good way, I take it that was Dupasquier. Very sad news
I thought he was on the tarmac ovduk, the last one to be dealt with by the medics, last away I mean.

ovduk78

I thought he was on the tarmac ovduk, the last one to be dealt with by the medics, last away I mean.
He may have been on the tarmac, I wasn't sure but the rider was on the grass for ages. I haven't seen the crash again to see who was were and to be honest don't really want to

wingy

He may have been on the tarmac, I wasn't sure but the rider was on the grass for ages. I haven't seen the crash again to see who was were and to be honest don't really want to
Yeah the other lad may have been on the grass not gravel.

Paul Anthony

Missed it
What's happened with Nagasaki?

Last lap, Olivera demoted from second to third because he touched the green part of the curb, by the smallest of fractions, no real advantage gained. Mir gets promoted to second.

About five minutes later they announce Mir has done exactly the same thing, so the positions are swapped again. Both of them appeared to still have most of their wheel touching the white line.

Paul Anthony

Vale's calling it a day at the end of the season.

Right decision, really. Could even say he's perhaps a couple of years late, I don't imagine he's enjoyed where he's been last couple of seasons. But damn, what a career and legacy he's leaving behind.

I doubt we'll see the like again, which isn't a bad thing. There's a lot of very good, young riders all close to each other's level now.

Users who are viewing this thread