Its all down to tactics. Thorn out (1 Viewer)

Grendel

There's more logic in not sacking him than there is in sacking him.

No honeymoon period as the players are already giving it their all and a new manager would have little time to get to know the players like Thorn does.

Disagree. My view along with an increasingly growing number of others is that we are down with him in charge anyway so reverting anyone else until the end of the season cannot lose us anything.

Gaz

Disagree. My view along with an increasingly growing number of others is that we are down with him in charge anyway so reverting anyone else until the end of the season cannot lose us anything.

Increasing ? Maybe.

Minority ? Definitely

Grendel

Increasing ? Maybe.

Minority ? Definitely

If he was sacked the majority wouldn't even blink in protest.

Grendel

Grendel

And anything he says or does that looks wrong is wicked sisu's fault. They have his family held hostage I hear.

Seriously though, sympathy aside, it's the opinion of the majority that Thorn is getting the best out of what he has in front of him and replacing him would further jeopardise what is already a slim chance of staying up.*

Grendel

It isn't a majority view. Vast majority will not have a view. Dressing room thing is rubbish in my view. I once had a director who I reported to that had no interest in the job, I work out of the office. I had one meaningful conversation in 5 years. It was great. I could do anything or nothing and it mattered not. At the time I rated him highly in internal surveys as it was an easy life. Of course productivity was rubbish. He was sacked and the replacement has massive focus. Do I like him as much? No he makes me accountable. Do I respect him, yes of course.

You can have the dressing room but get zero respect.

Covstu

We simply do not have a good enough side to compete in this league, our back four is appalling but with that we invite too much pressure on them (particualrly the last 10 mins of every game!). Our fitness is poor and cannot last for 95 mins which is causing so many issues and we just seen some absolute school boy defending in the last couple of games.

Otis

Seriously though, sympathy aside, it's the opinion of the majority that Thorn is getting the best out of what he has in front of him and replacing him would further jeopardise what is already a slim chance of staying up.*

He is getting the best he can get.

Users who are viewing this thread