Its all about how we react to that now... (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Slightly disappointed today as we never really got in the race did we somehow? Preston were well organsised but we just never pressed them well and seemed a little unbalanced from previous games. Perhaps team changes did not work today? Mousa was not involved enough for me and perhaps out of postion.
Again Sheff laid a couple on a plate and only one taken? he works well with McGoldrick but today he was not his normal self either.
All this though is more about Preston and our lack of desire today (maybe too much Xmas party fun?)
Still unbeaten and would you have taken a win today and a draw Boxing day? yep, so maybe when we get a grip of it Boxing Day we will be back to winning ways?
A good team always has a poor game and if you don't lose then you have every chance to improve next game. Hope its not the wheels coming off but listening to Robins suggest that's far from the case. Should be a good game Boxing Day, wish I was going.

torchomatic

I think it's a good sign that we're disappointed with a draw. To be honest I think we're lucky to get that on the second half performance.

Yorkshire SB

Was a disappointing result, when we got the ball down and played, could easily open preston up. Second half was dreadful, should've taken christie off, he had a nightmare. Thought McSheffrey played well today though, pleased for him after taking so much criticism!

LJC_CCFC

If Elliott had scored right at the end, we would have been saying that 'good teams win when they play badly'. In all honestly rather than Preston playing well it was more them stopping us from playing and pumping ball after ball into our box until one eventually lead to a goal. We should be looking for 2 wins and a draw from the next 3

SkyBlue_Bear83

It was always going to be that sort of game when PNE come to town, potential banana skin and I am happy we didn't lose.

Stevanage will hopefully be a more fluid game and allow us to stamp our quality on the match

TheHellion

I think the important thing is that we didn't lose. How often in the past would this have been the kind of game we'd have lost?

Ashdown1

Robins covered up quite well, I think he was a little angrier than he let on with us not getting out of second gear. Questions will be asked I guess about raising our game and competing when it gets a bit rougher. The key for me was defenders lobbing the ball up for Barton and him losing out most times and Preston picking up the second ball. I'd revert to starting Baker at Stevenage and bring on Barton as an impact sub as and when necessary.

Mucca Mad Boys

Robins covered up quite well, I think he was a little angrier than he let on with us not getting out of second gear. Questions will be asked I guess about raising our game and competing when it gets a bit rougher. The key for me was defenders lobbing the ball up for Barton and him losing out most times and Preston picking up the second ball. I'd revert to starting Baker at Stevenage and bring on Barton as an impact sub as and when necessary.

I don't know why we hooded it up at all tbh, they are much better in the air. Should've thrown to the wings, and I was glad we rolled it out a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread