ITALIAN AVALANCHE (1 Viewer)

oscillatewildly

It goes without saying - great news to hear of continued rescuing of those trapped after the disaster that struck in the resort earlier this week. Some survived by eating/drinking snow, obviously in plentiful supply. Another group apparently were able to sustain themselves with a crate of nutella, Now, even given it's recent bad press over the contents of some of it's ingredients would you really want to be rescued if you've still got a half crate of the stuff left?
I can almost imagine the conversation as the rescuers located them: "No, we're fine". "No avalanche here". "Heard there might be something going on in the next valley but all is well here". "I said we're ok, just fuck off"!

wingy

It goes without saying - great news to hear of continued rescuing of those trapped after the disaster that struck in the resort earlier this week. Some survived by eating/drinking snow, obviously in plentiful supply. Another group apparently were able to sustain themselves with a crate of nutella, Now, even given it's recent bad press over the contents of some of it's ingredients would you really want to be rescued if you've still got a half crate of the stuff left?
I can almost imagine the conversation as the rescuers located them: "No, we're fine". "No avalanche here". "Heard there might be something going on in the next valley but all is well here". "I said we're ok, just fuck off"!
It really is great news given the Initial expectation /assessment, haven't seen too much media on this, how many survivors have there been from the total trapped?

oscillatewildly

It really is great news given the Initial expectation /assessment, haven't seen too much media on this, how many survivors have there been from the total trapped?
Not sure, wingy. I think I heard shortly after it happened that up to 30 could be trapped but those figures were given as 'unaccountable', so not everyone may have been in the hotel at the time.
Absolutely terrifying scenario but as long as they remain injury free and in a plentiful air pocket survival can last for up to a couple of weeks, if not longer.

Users who are viewing this thread