It seems plain to me........ (1 Viewer)

Manchester_sky_blue

.......... that SISU are not going anywhere. They clearly hold all the cards, aside from the 10 point deduction you would never know we were in admin because Fisher and Co have just carried on as if nothing has happened. I firmly believe that they would not have voluntarily placed CCFC ltd in to admin if it did not work to their advantage and we have all seen how Appleton appears to be in SISU's pocket. They evidently think that they would either lose money by letting us go or else have potential profit in keeping us.

So, I think we must now accept certain facts.
1) SISU are not going to just pack in and leave
2) Its unlikely that Appleton will sell the club out from under them
3) Haskell and Co's bid for the club is conditional on the golden share being in CCFC ltd and therefore getting the "club" from the administrator at a greatly reduced price.
4) That SISU are unwilling to deal with ACL as they currently stand

So with all that in mind, it seems to me that the only real way out of this mess is for ACL and the Ricoh to change hands, thus bringing a new player to the table.

Now, we know that Haskell makes his money from property so its the Ricoh that really interests him, he knows he can make more money from the stadium with the club playing there which is why he wants the club too but it's not strictly speaking essential.

If Haskell bought out ACL and took control of the stadium he then becomes the landlord. He may be more willing to come to an arrangement with SISU to enable the club to keep playing in Cov, at the Ricoh and on terms more beneficial to the club. If the new deal would satisfy FPP and allow the club to invest a little we could then make a serious push back to the championship and suddenly things start to look rosier.

There would always then be the potential for the club and stadium to be united further down the road, which would obviously be Haskells preference. SISU might be more inclined to sell once the club is back on a more stable footing and once the council are out of the picture. It may end up costing Haskell more that way but that would perhaps be offset by increased revenue streams from the non-footballing events at the stadium that his influence would no doubt bring.

I would like to see the back of SISU as much as anyone but I just don't see a way for that to happen at the moment and if the alternative is the liquidation of the club then id rather put up with them a while longer.

Sub

i do not think its that simple its ccfc that has the option to by the higgs share so i can not see how haskell can just by the stadium :thinking about::thinking about:

Manchester_sky_blue

i do not think its that simple its ccfc that has the option to by the higgs share so i can not see how haskell can just by the stadium :thinking about::thinking about:

The council and higgs have both indicated a willingness to sell their stake in ACL, just not to SISU. If Haskell offers the right amount of cash they will take it, simple as that. The clubs option on the Higgs share does not prevent its sale to anyone else, its just an agreement for the club to buy at a set price.

Spionkop

Rich, you're right. This stadium fiasco is the last straw for many. I have no idea what I'll do come August and I've been coming since 1959.

Manchester_sky_blue

Many fans won't come back under SISU, so things won't look better in that scenario.

To play devils advocate for a moment, what evidence do we have to suggest that Haskell would be any better as an owner?

I think more fans would come back to the Ricoh with the club still in SISU control than would go to home games outside of Cov.

Last edited:

SonofErnie

To play devils advocate for a moment, what evidence do we have to suggest that Haskell would be any better as an owner?

I think more fans would come back to the Ricoh with the club still in SISU control than would go to home games outside of Cov.

Surely those things are mutually exclusive? If SISU remain then the club will play outside of Cov and thus crowds and income streams will dwindle. A new owner (it doesn't have to be Haskell) can negotiate a return to the Ricoh on favourable terms and generate some optimism which should translate to more ticket sales (at least initially). SISU remaining in charge may be the likely outcome, but it will only result in more losses for them and end in all likelehood, in liquidation for the club.

Manchester_sky_blue

Surely those things are mutually exclusive? If SISU remain then the club will play outside of Cov and thus crowds and income streams will dwindle. A new owner (it doesn't have to be Haskell) can negotiate a return to the Ricoh on favourable terms and generate some optimism which should translate to more ticket sales (at least initially). SISU remaining in charge may be the likely outcome, but it will only result in more losses for them and end in all likelehood, in liquidation for the club.

Unless ACL had new owners, changing the game, which was the point of this thread.

Generally though I think you are right, the most likely outcome is that SISU will remain in charge, we will play outside of Cov and the ticket sales will dwindle to almost nothing, placing the club at severe risk of liquidation

ajsccfc

Fisher has been carrying on as though nothing has happened, but this was shown up by Appleton the other day basically saying 'that's nothing to do with me'

Noggin

We have the same amount of evidence that Haskell will be better owner than SISU as we have for knowing a random baby sitter is a better option for leaving your little girls with than Ian Huntley.

Manchester_sky_blue

Fisher has been carrying on as though nothing has happened, but this was shown up by Appleton the other day basically saying 'that's nothing to do with me'

I take that with a pinch of salt. SISU didn't appoint this guy randomly. He is just trying to distance himself to try and maintain at least a facade of impartiality.

Noggin

Exactly my point.

Then I'm confused because I thought you meant because we don't know much about haskel there is a very real possibility he would be as bad as sisu, where as my point and my analogy was meant to show that while we don't know much about haskel and while it is possible he would be as bad it's exceptionally unlikely.

SISU seem have their own special blend of evil and incompetence.

James Smith

The council and higgs have both indicated a willingness to sell their stake in ACL, just not to SISU. If Haskell offers the right amount of cash they will take it, simple as that. The clubs option on the Higgs share does not prevent its sale to anyone else, its just an agreement for the club to buy at a set price.
Sorry that's wrong the charity have said that they will sell to a SISU owned CCFC (1) - although God only knows why they would - PWKH said the council would (but haven't yet) used their veto block any sale to them.

Kingharvest wrote that it had been said by Fisher that the Council had vetoed the sale of the shares in ACL owned by the Charity to Sisu. If he has reported this accurately it is a completely untrue statement by Fisher.

As Clerk to the Trustees I handle all the documents between the Charity and any other party on every matter. There was indeed an agreed heads of terms between Sisu and the Charity signed in June of last year. Since writing and signing it Sisu has made absolutely no contact with the Charity. The City Council has not used the veto to stop any deal at any time. Any statement to the contrary is misleading and mischievous.

Fisher has made a large number of statements over recent days which can be taken up by others. When something false is said about the Charity it will be dealt with through this and other means, the Charity reserves all its rights.

(1) http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threa...adium-outright?p=435701&viewfull=1#post435701

Last edited:

Manchester_sky_blue

Users who are viewing this thread