Isn't Baker Shit (Yet Again) Thread... (1 Viewer)

rob9872

Do you think he wanted to play badly? Do you think he doesn't care? His reaction at being taken off and the arm around the shoulder from SH suggested differently to me. He was awful today, he is awful most weeks, but getting on his back was never likely to help.

It wasn't just the booing when he went off, but the ironic cheers when he did something right and the constant abuse whilst he was on, that really peed me off. Everyone has their right to be critical, but we need him like we need all our players at the moment. Its not his fault that we're skint and that he is the value of player we can afford to put out there. I'm embarrassed and annoyed at the level of people who call themselves supporters that think this is acceptable. Also, how do you think the other players feel when they hear this? They too are employees only not fans and many likely to be his mates - would you nit be annoyed if you heard one of your mates getting abuse like that?

The critics also seem to want to have a go at someone whether its Hussey, Bell, Baker Sheff, Murphy, Clarke, MacDonald and even others this season. We're low, we have little quality of course many players aren't up to it but when you consider those sold and not replaced its hardly surprising. Players getting a regular game that otherwise wouldn't be and probably shouldn't be ... and yet they still welcome Eastwood as a potential messiah despite him having taken the piss out of us in terms of lack of effort and fitness not to mention an awful goal ratio. Today I counted about half a dozen mistakes in succession that weren't even criticised at all and as soon as Baker cocked up it was vocal, unpleasant and unnecessary.

He probably isn't up to this level and probably never will be but for gods sake give the lad a break when he is in the team and it may just make the difference between a point that keeps our place in this league.

ccfcdan

I think as i have stated that he was not putting in the effort. And i think that if you are being paid the amount of money he is getting paid then the minimum he should do is put the effort in. Does booing players as they leave the pitch help? Maybe not. Did me booing him as he left the pitch make him aware that i was not satisfied with his performance and that he needs to put up his game? maybe.

rob9872

I think as i have stated that he was not putting in the effort. And i think that if you are being paid the amount of money he is getting paid then the minimum he should do is put the effort in. Does booing players as they leave the pitch help? Maybe not. Did me booing him as he left the pitch make him aware that i was not satisfied with his performance and that he needs to put up his game? maybe.

Money is irrelevant. How do you KNOW he wasn't trying? Its your opinion just like mine is that he was trying but isn't good enough. If you think booing him off would help his mates left on play better then you're probably even more of a prick than I'm currently giving you credit for.

Sick Boy

There is never any excuses to boo an individual player, fair enough, if the team are poor then collectively booing them can inspire them in the future. It is clear that Baker lacks the ability to succeed at this level, but at the moment he is a CCFC though and should not be singled out for criticism, especially when other players seem to escape it. What do you expect to achieve by booing him? If anything it is counter-productive, it will put him under pressure and he is more likely to make mistakes and panic, especially if he is anticipating the boos or jeers.

Have you ever played football Dan? At whatever level, imagine the crowd however small booed everything you did bad...you would lose any confidence you had and stop trying anything you would just try to get though the game without anyone else having ago at you. Is baker that bad a player? Did you watch him when he first came beating players, looked class, an city fans have ruined his confidence. Maybe he's not good enough but how does it help

skybluegod

guys we say this now but he's gonna come out next week and show us what he's made of to put all you/those boo boys to shame.

Nick

Administrator
Anybody see McSheffrey today? He was worse than Baker but he doesn't get any stick or boos?

wingy

I think he's probably a bit down ,this weeks been the anniversary of his brothers death ,i know they have to be professional,but it might just be running through his mind ,we all know what he can do on his day.i actually thought he was showing good form over that 4 game period over christmas and beyond ,but then he's dropped ,i would imagine he was'nt chuffed about that ,but i doubt he's deliberately gone out to do shit ,more like confidense when they're scared of the ball

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think he's probably a bit down ,this weeks been the anniversary of his brothers death ,i know they have to be professional,but it might just be running through his mind ,we all know what he can do on his day.i actually thought he was showing good form over that 4 game period over christmas and beyond ,but then he's dropped ,i would imagine he was'nt chuffed about that ,but i doubt he's deliberately gone out to do shit ,more like confidense when they're scared of the ball
You have gone comma crazy today in your posts. :D

SkyBlue

Shame for Baker because he's a nice bloke, but I suppose it's mainly his own fault. He was very poor today, it's annoying as before his stint out the side he'd put in some decent performance against Bristol City, Brighton and Southampton. Proven at L1 though.

ccfcdan

Money is irrelevant. How do you KNOW he wasn't trying? Its your opinion just like mine is that he was trying but isn't good enough. If you think booing him off would help his mates left on play better then you're probably even more of a prick than I'm currently giving you credit for.

So now you feel the need to call me a prick because you disagree with what i am saying? That very big of you! Maybe you should stop hiding behind your keyboard come and see me next Tuesday night. Block 24 row RR seat 16 and we'll see who the real prick is? Im entitled to boo, i pay my money and if i choose to show that im not happy with the way a player is performing then as a paying customer thats my choice.

Otis

People are entitled to boo.

It is self-defeating in nearly all cases though. You want the player to play better, but the more you are on his back, the more his confidence suffers, the less likely of your getting a good performance out of him.

That is the reason I never boo.

We have plenty of slack to give Baker...he has another 3 and a half years to show us what he can do, doesn't he??? A bit like Freddy was going to do three years ago....and fans still sing that no-mark's name.

So now you feel the need to call me a prick because you disagree with what i am saying? That very big of you! Maybe you should stop hiding behind your keyboard come and see me next Tuesday night. Block 24 row RR seat 16 and we'll see who the real prick is? Im entitled to boo, i pay my money and if i choose to show that im not happy with the way a player is performing then as a paying customer thats my choice.

I've just changed my season ticket seat to Block 24 row RR seat 15....should be better entertainment than what we see on the pitch.

ccfcdan

Id do my signature move, The chinese burn! All joking aside though, Booing players is probably not wise but it made me feel better at the time! As for Rob, We can put all this behind us now and be besties :D x x

rob9872

"Oh no the man called me a nasty name on the internet. I must call him out to show that I'm harder than him and offer him out in front of thousands of people. With a bit of luck they'll capture it all on cctv and we can both be banned from one of the few things we're passionate about in life. Phew, that's my reputation restored. How dare he call me that. My violence offer is ok, but swearing how dare he?"

1) I don't want to fight you - I think my days are behind me but if we must have a dust up then I would prefer a boxing gym with no cameras and no weapons. I apologise unreservedly for the nasty word but I think a fight is a little ott
2) I'm not and never have ben a keyboard warrior
3) Think carefully before you decide who to call out, this isn't a threat, just be careful
4) I don't want to be banned from the Ricoh however appealing that might seem after some games
5) My seat is Block 18 row JJ seat 24 - and you know that's true if you've read my rant about the bloke sitting to the left of me. I'm not walking half way round the ground to find out it isn't even your seat (not that I would anyway but I'm sure you get my point)
6) Thanks for the private message backing up your offer, but I have a wife and I don't want it to hurt even the first time

Fwiw I disagree with lots of things people say and don't call them a prick (although not always late on a Saturday night of course! :) ) My rant was based on the acceptability that not only is not ok to boo, but that if you read back, you were telling me I was wrong when I suggested he was trying (he clearly was btw) and that you also couldn't see the bigger picture of how this could affect his team mates and not just him. Booing wasn't helpful, wan't fair to single him out among other mistakes and is unacceptable. I realise you weren't alone in this but perhaps another time when someone else is having a mare you might just think of the knock on effect. I will continue to get passionate when anyone is doing something which is detremental (sp?) to CCFC's chances of success because my family apart this is the one thing in life that actually pulls my chain.

Lads. drop it, I just tweeted Cyrus and told him to let Bakes know to ignore the boo boys.

I also gave him your seat number.

By the way, Bakes is Mr February on the CCFC calendar, so let's please leave off him until March at least.

That means, feel free to boo him from the next game....;)

ccfcno9

Mcsheffrey was worse today!

Sunday Mirror MOTM (Macca)
Its what makes football so fascinating from a spectators point of view, with such unscientific opinions surely no player of ours deserves the treatment Baker got yesterday.He was
woeful though

Otis

Everything of Ian's is the worst in the last 50 years.

Worst game in 50 years, worst performance in 50 years, worst side in 50 years, worst dinner he's ever had in 50 years and biggest dump he's had in 50 years.

Do think the bloke exaggerates a tad.

wingy

Everything of Ian's is the worst in the last 50 years.

Worst game in 50 years, worst performance in 50 years, worst side in 50 years, worst dinner he's ever had in 50 years and biggest dump he's had in 50 years.

Do think the bloke exaggerates a tad.
If you hav'nt had to say it eleventy billion times:facepalm:

georgehudson

ian just texted me to say it's all rubbish, & what he is reported to have said was all rubbish, & what c & w said was all rubbish, & that was the worst display all season, & everything was all rubbish,
jog on ian

Users who are viewing this thread