Is there anyway fans can buy shares? (1 Viewer)

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Curious to this just seen on another thread about SBT trying buy shares and couldn't, i dont think we can as fans? if we could would you buy shares do you think be an option for fans further down the line if we do well? Do you think us as fans buying shares would benefit the club?

chiefdave

You wouldn't be able to buy enough to be usefull would you. What % do SISU hold via various funds?

DazzleTommyDazzle

You only have a "right" to buy shares in publicly quoted companies.

In most private companies the articles of association give existing shareholders preferential rights to buy shares or even an outright veto on new shareholders.

oldfiver

You only have a "right" to buy shares in publicly quoted companies.

In most private companies the articles of association give existing shareholders preferential rights to buy shares or even an outright veto on new shareholders.

Not a "right" but a potential opportunity if they are for sale. Even in PLC's Directors can refuse to register in certain circumstances

Hobo

we used to have shares in our club, dont forget that

Fans did have shares and SISU held a gun to their head to hand them over. They formed a closed shop so they could operate as they pleased. So when they bleat about how hard done by they have been by other parties I take it with a pinch of salt. Seppala has always been proud of her tough negotiating skills and distressing companies when taking them over, you only have to look at their business history. Which quite frankly makes her letter of complaint about CCC and how business should be conducted cringeworthy.

CJ_covblaze

Fans did have shares and SISU held a gun to their head to hand them over. They formed a closed shop so they could operate as they pleased. So when they bleat about how hard done by they have been by other parties I take it with a pinch of salt. Seppala has always been proud of her tough negotiating skills and distressing companies when taking them over, you only have to look at their business history. Which quite frankly makes her letter of complaint about CCC and how business should be conducted cringeworthy.

297 Cat B shareholders were promised a '300 club' by Mr Fisher almost two years ago at the meeting regarding the liquidation. Have we received any info on this as yet? No. I asked he question a several weeks ago and was eventually told that it was in the pipeline & that they hope to sort something out for us soon. Will wait and see on that!

Hobo

Hope you are not holding your breath CJ? "Promised...almost two years ago" and "eventually told it was in the pipeline."

I wonder which will be built first the new stadium or the pipeline?

CJ_covblaze

Hope you are not holding your breath CJ? "Promised...almost two years ago" and "eventually told it was in the pipeline."

I wonder which will be built first the new stadium or the pipeline?

Sounds familiar doesn't it. Tbh I think it was just forgotten about.

Users who are viewing this thread