Is the only way forward (1 Viewer)

Lord_Nampil

For one entity to own the Ricoh and all it's attachments including the club! Doesn't mean that owners would be either ACL or SISU but I can't see how a future with several parties would provide a successful future for everything attached to it. The news ACL were showing apprent Americans around maybe there is interest to buy ACL as well as the posability to maybe buy the club out if administration IF it ever entered. I just think something needs to change as the current set up doesn't work for the best interest of Coventry as a city!

It's just a suggestion, what do others think and do others agree?

coundonskyblue

I don't think anyone would disagree that they both need to be united. The fact that ACL seem to be searching for new CCFC owners themselves suggests to me that they know this to is the case.

I believe that they would be happy for the right people to take over both CCFC and ACL. The Council and Higgs Trust surely couldn't be bothered with all this nonsense again? I'm convinced that the next owners of CCFC will unite at least part the club with ACL. I think all it would take would be a resonable offer to buy, and a good relationship with the new owners.

blueflint

i agree but it wont be sisu they have proved they cant be trusted.which is a shame for ccfc

skyblueman

It's the only way - club needs to own the stadium outright with everything included - someone has to pay for that - now would be a good time to buy it all - look at Leicesters new owners - they got the stadium just recently for a knock down £19Million and that is a decent ground.

BUT SISU is the problem now - they will want an unrealistic amount for the club and that's what the problem is going to be now

Last edited:

Bennets Afro

How does the redevelopment of the surrounding area going to work?

If a new buyer only buys 50% of ACL, are CCFC then expected to do the redevelopment of the area and get all 100% of any profits, or will ACL get a share???? It's a bit unfair for CCFC to have full responsibility of it and ACL benefit AGAIN!!!!

I personally think that its a bit of a kop out from the council to get the area developed and CCFC should only be soley responsible for it if we own 100% of ACL so everything comes back to the club. Doing it before then unless we get 100% profits seems pointless as we would only be getting a small percentage again and ACL gaining for little effort

SkyBlueSwiss

For one entity to own the Ricoh and all it's attachments including the club! Doesn't mean that owners would be either ACL or SISU but I can't see how a future with several parties would provide a successful future for everything attached to it. The news ACL were showing apprent Americans around maybe there is interest to buy ACL as well as the posability to maybe buy the club out if administration IF it ever entered. I just think something needs to change as the current set up doesn't work for the best interest of Coventry as a city!

It's just a suggestion, what do others think and do others agree?

You know what? I am coming to believe that this has been the plan of ACL and CCC for some time now. Once they realised that they could not do business with SISU, they put the ACL remortgaging into place to stop SISU distressing ACL to get them on the cheap, and then started planning for a future without SISU. I think it might be their plan to finally get rid of SISU and make it very easy for the right sort of future owner/investor to get a complete package that is viable as a going concern for the future.
Just my thoughts - I claim no special knowledge here.

Users who are viewing this thread