Is that the planning department...? (1 Viewer)

Leamington Pete

CCFC: Hello, is that the Planning Department?

COUNCIL: Yes.

CCFC: Hi, Coventry City here, we’d like planning permission to build a new stadium please.

COUNCIL: Didn’t we give you permission for a new stadium about 10 years ago?

CCFC: Yes, but we’d like to build another one please.

COUNCIL: Erm, right.

CCFC: Yes, it was very nice and everything, but we’ve got no money and can’t afford the rent so we’ve decided to spend £40 million on a new one. So if you could just give us permission please –it’s just that we’ve told everyone it will only take three years.

COUNCIL: Can I ask where you plan to build it?

CCFC: Er, somewhere in Coventry but we can’t really say. Now can we have permission, we’re in a bit of a rush?

COUNCIL: No.

RogerH

It's a minefield, detailed plans required, proof of entitlement to use chosen site, consultations to be carried out, submitted to Planning Committee, who are Councillors.

They've got no chance.

Otis

CCFC: Hi, Coventry City here, we’d like planning permission to build a new stadium please.

CCFC: Yes, it was very nice and everything, but we’ve got no money and can’t afford the rent so we’ve decided to spend £40 million on a new one. So if you could just give us permission please –it’s just that we’ve told everyone it will only take three years.

CCFC: Er, somewhere in Coventry but we can’t really say. Now can we have permission, we’re in a bit of a rush?

Or possibly ....

CCFC: Hi, it's Mr. X here, we’d like planning permission to build a new supermarket please.

COUNCIL: A supermarket? You sure? Your voice sounds familiar, you sure you are not Tim Fisher of Sisu and you are trying to pull a fast one?

CCFC: Not me gov. No. It's a supermarket we want. A supermarket. One that will hold 30,000 fans ... err... I mean customers.

COUNCIL: Erm, right. What's the name of the supermarket chain?

CCFC: Sisu ... no ... errr.... sorry .... I mean Lidl.

COUNCIL: Did you just say Sisu?

CCFC: Who gov, me gov? No. Not me. I said Lidl. Lidl, gov. Just that I have a cold.

COUNCIL: I see.

CCFC: No, not 'I See', 'Sisu', you numbnuts .... errr.... oops, Ive been rumbled. You don't have the phone number for Warwickshire County Council by any chance do you?

Tad

Is this even feasible? I mean, dont Cov Council have more then enough justification to refuse permission of building a new ground due to their behaviour and debt?

Last edited:

theferret

They have every chance of getting planning permission - just it would likely take several years.

A council can say no all they like - but it doesn't matter. Councils often reject plans for wind turbines but they still happen because the decision ultimately is not theirs to make.

They have to have a VERY good reason to reject plans that would create jobs otherwise they would lose at public enquiry.

It depends on the site, Ansty Park for example CCC would have no grounds to object, as impact on roads within Coventry would be minimal. Rugby council could reject it, but on what grounds? It is a brownfield site far from residential properties that is earmarked for development with access roads already built. Change of use? Perhaps - it is a tech park so it depends on what was put forward in terms of job creation.

The idea that planning permission is impossible is a myth - the chances are that it probably would go through eventually, just not in the timescales they are talking about.

deanocity3

Or possibly ....

CCFC: Hi, it's Mr. X here, we’d like planning permission to build a new supermarket please.

COUNCIL: A supermarket? You sure? Your voice sounds familiar, you sure you are not Tim Fisher of Sisu and you are trying to pull a fast one?

CCFC: Not me gov. No. It's a supermarket we want. A supermarket. One that will hold 30,000 fans ... err... I mean customers.

COUNCIL: Erm, right. What's the name of the supermarket chain?

CCFC: Sisu ... no ... errr.... sorry .... I mean Lidl.

COUNCIL: Did you just say Sisu?

CCFC: Who gov, me gov? No. Not me. I said Lidl. Lidl, gov. Just that I have a cold.

COUNCIL: I see.

CCFC: No, not 'I See', 'Sisu', you numbnuts .... errr.... oops, Ive been rumbled. You don't have the phone number for Warwickshire County Council by any chance do you?
Its Tesco really but every LIDL helps

hill83

CZ1THsn.gif

Tonylinc

Brilliant. At least we have not lost our sense of humour!

italiahorse

They have every chance of getting planning permission - just it would likely take several years.

A council can say no all they like - but it doesn't matter. Councils often reject plans for wind turbines but they still happen because the decision ultimately is not theirs to make.

They have to have a VERY good reason to reject plans that would create jobs otherwise they would lose at public enquiry.

It depends on the site, Ansty Park for example CCC would have no grounds to object, as impact on roads within Coventry would be minimal. Rugby council could reject it, but on what grounds? It is a brownfield site far from residential properties that is earmarked for development with access roads already built. Change of use? Perhaps - it is a tech park so it depends on what was put forward in terms of job creation.

The idea that planning permission is impossible is a myth - the chances are that it probably would go through eventually, just not in the timescales they are talking about.

It won't go through whilst the Ricoh is a stadium.

Users who are viewing this thread