Is Sheffield United now a threat ? (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

...One or two of you now worried about the possibility of TM being tempted by the sacking of Nigel Clough, this after the failure of SUFC in the race for the league 1 play off final.

Given that , as yet, there is no mention of Clough being sacked, is this all unnecessary worry that will come to nothing ?

Last edited:

LJC_CCFC

As much as he has underachieved this season I can't see them sacking him, their cup exploits have perhaps negatively affected their league campaign. However if they start next season poorly, he could well be out the door.

stupot07

Sheff United have consistently finished in or around the play offs since joining this league, yes they will be in the running again next season

Edit: just read the OP (as opposed to reading the thread title and making an assumption), no I don't think they will sack clough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

jimmyhillsfanclub

I think they will

Even if they sack Clough....why would they rush to appoint TM??

Hes not GOD......If we had won 14 of 14 after his arrival, scoring 10 per game, I could see the reason for clubs clambering to sign him up, but he was unemployed for nearly 2 years & eventually landed the massive & world famous job of CCFC temporary manager....

...I bet Guardiola & Mourinho are shitting themselves....

LJC_CCFC

Even if they sack Clough....why would they rush to appoint TM??

Hes not GOD......If we had won 14 of 14 after his arrival, scoring 10 per game, I could see the reason for clubs clambering to sign him up, but he was unemployed for nearly 2 years & eventually landed the massive & world famous job of CCFC temporary manager....

...I bet Guardiola & Mourinho are shitting themselves....

Because Cov fans LOVE negativity.

rupert_bear

Because he is available and just proved he has what it takes to improve things, in these days of mobile phones, agents etc anything is possiblein a day or so, anything.

Covstu

Work in Yorkshire and their fans expected promotion of its a failure however there is no talk of sacking him

Hobo

I wouldn't say Clough underachieved that much tbh. Would they really expect better than play offs and another great cup run?

In football yes I can see it. He is a steady Eddie and doesn't have the Mercury touch of his dad....better out there.

fernandopartridge

Interesting looking at their forum. One thread lists alternatives and Mowbray isn't mentioned. It reminds me of when we used to worry that Leeds would poach Strachan.

LJC_CCFC

Mowbray is by no means 'hot property', hence why he had to take a job at a club fighting a relegation battle in the third tier of English football. But yeah if it feeds your need for negativity, he's off to Sheffield United even though they currently have a manager.

PTA

Mowbray is by no means 'hot property', hence why he had to take a job at a club fighting a relegation battle in the third tier of English football. But yeah if it feeds your need for negativity, he's off to Sheffield United even though they currently have a manager.
Exactly, he's what we want. He's a good manager but is not in high demand from other clubs.

Users who are viewing this thread