Is Andy Thorn the right man????????????? (1 Viewer)

ccfc2011

Is Andy Thorn the right man to save Coventry City?????????????

Grendel

You're just trying to wind me up aren't you?:(

Nonleagueherewecome

No, he isn't-realistically, we should simply get Ancelotti or Hiddink in and give them 15-20m to get out us of trouble. That'd show everyone how useless and fat Thorn is, eh?!? :wave:

brinner

we will never know if thorns the right man for the job if we sack him now.

in my view theres no point in sacking him and appointing anyone new as we dont have the funds available for thorn let alone any1 else to try and turn things around, we have the weakest squad in the championship so anyone would struggle to keep us up.

if thorn had the squad we ended last season with i think we would be half way up the table.

Lord_Nampil

Thing is brinner if we loose the next 4 we would be 23 games through the season and have only 13 points, yes the new guy might not have any money but he might be able to make what we have better and get us some results.

pusbccfc

Other than having no funds,
Why have we been so inconsistent, Christie will go 4 games with storming performances, then he will have 2 dreadful games, same with thomas, juke, gael, hussey, murphy, platt, mcsheff, baker, craine!

Rich

Just to let you all know, Thorn has a contract until the end of the Season. SUSI will not release him from this, but will let him run the contract down.

brinner

Thing is brinner if we loose the next 4 we would be 23 games through the season and have only 13 points, yes the new guy might not have any money but he might be able to make what we have better and get us some results.
thing is tho boothroyd has all but 3 of these players plus king, gunnar, turner and westy and we were playing far worse stuff and were in freefall under him once the players lost belief in his methods, same can be said of coleman who had an arguarbly better squad than boothroyd and thorn.

thorn proved with aidys players at the end of the season he could get them playing a nice brand of footy that would get its fair share of results, unfortunately he has had the rug pulled from under him but at least the players are still playing for him and doing their best.

i wish people would wake up and smell the coffee, our squad is simply not good enough to survive in this division, its as simple as that.

Thorn has signed 1 outfield player until thursdays loan signing, 1 FFS! 10 players left the club in the summer including our 4 best players which were the spine of our team and they have either not been replaced or have been replaced with inferior players.

WESTWOOD
TURNER
GUNNARSSON
KING

replaced with

MURPHY
CHRISTIE
BIGIRIMANA
MCDONALD

so we replaced Westy with Murphy, ok we were never goona get 1 as good as westy for nowt were we.
we havent replaced Turner so we play Keogh CB with a kid at RB that couldnt even get in to nuneatons team in january.
we havent replaced Gunnar so were having to play kids there.
we replaced King who i think is the best striker in this division with a lad with no championship experience and who struggled in lge 1 with norwich not so long ago as we couldnt afford anyone better.

i know which spine id rather have currently in our team.

Last edited:

sky blue john

Other than having no funds,
Why have we been so inconsistent, Christie will go 4 games with storming performances, then he will have 2 dreadful games, same with thomas, juke, gael, hussey, murphy, platt, mcsheff, baker, craine!

The problem AT has is that the squad is so thin that he hasn't got the luxury of rotating players. We probably have players carrying knocks who would normally be rested. This is probably the main reason we can't keep a consistent level of play for 90mins.

Grendel

thing is tho boothroyd has all but 3 of these players plus king, gunnar, turner and westy and we were playing far worse stuff and were in freefall under him once the players lost belief in his methods, same can be said of coleman who had an arguarbly better squad than boothroyd and thorn.

thorn proved with aidys players at the end of the season he could get them playing a nice brand of footy that would get its fair share of results, unfortunately he has had the rug pulled from under him but at least the players are still playing for him and doing their best.

i wish people would wake up and smell the coffee, our squad is simply not good enough to survive in this division, its as simple as that.

Thorn has signed 1 outfield player until thursdays loan signing, 1 FFS! 10 players left the club in the summer including our 4 best players which were the spine of our team and they have either not been replaced or have been replaced with inferior players.

WESTWOOD
TURNER
GUNNARSSON
KING

replaced with

MURPHY
CHRISTIE
BIGIRIMANA
MCDONALD

so we replaced Westy with Murphy, ok we were never goona get 1 as good as westy for nowt were we.
we havent replaced Turner so we play Keogh CB with a kid at RB that couldnt even get in to nuneatons team in january.
we havent replaced Gunnar so were having to play kids there.
we replaced King who i think is the best striker in this division with a lad with no championship experience and who struggled in lge 1 with norwich not so long ago as we couldnt afford anyone better.

i know which spine id rather have currently in our team.

The irony of course is that not only have good players been replaced with cheap ones but also we now have a very cheap and very poor manager. That seems OK to you though. So SISU obviously are very shrewd operators - they can spot a great manager when they see one. No they can't -- he was just the only bloke around at the time. This squad is not the worst in the Championship ever but it will end up with the lowest points total of all time under this clueless individual. Wake up SISU will only go when they want to go. The manager has to go he is a failure (and he will certainly go when SISU do).

brinner

This squad is not the worst in the Championship ever but it will end up with the lowest points total of all time under this clueless individual. Wake up SISU will only go when they want to go. The manager has to go he is a failure (and he will certainly go when SISU do).
its certainly our worst squad weve had in this division since relegation.

and im not so sure he will.

Grendel

its certainly our worst squad weve had in this division since relegation.

and im not so sure he will.

No I am sure a new owner will be delighted with his CV. If someone really has £35 million to invest they really will trust someone who has spent £300,000 on Cody McDonald, has the worst management win ration in the club's history and judging by this forum has little support amongst the majority of fans. Yep keeping him seems obvious to me.

brinner

No I am sure a new owner will be delighted with his CV. If someone really has £35 million to invest they really will trust someone who has spent £300,000 on Cody McDonald, has the worst management win ration in the club's history and judging by this forum has little support amongst the majority of fans. Yep keeping him seems obvious to me.
well ive heard the new investors undertand the situation and they will be prepared to back him initially.

time will tell.

brinner

am also sure i remember the crowd staying behind to give Thorn and the players a standing ovation at the end of last season following the Reading game after a refeshingly good finish to the end of a season.

cant rememebr that happening in a long time.

Otis

am also sure i remember the crowd staying behind to give Thorn and the players a standing ovation at the end of last season following the Reading game after a refeshingly good finish to the end of a season.

cant rememebr that happening in a long time.

Not to take anything away from it, but I think anything was refreshing after the Boothroyd tenure wasn't it.

Users who are viewing this thread