iraq (1 Viewer)

derbyskyblue

What a fookin mess, 1700 murdered, should we be looking to go back in or have we done enough damage there?

Evans1883

i was there in 2005 , we should just leave the place alone , because when all is said and done , the country just like afghanistan will end up in the wrong hands , its a lost cause

jimmyhillsfanclub

That c**t Blair reckons he's got the answers.....so lets just send him over there with a target painted on his back.

Disgraceful that we went there last time around.....Horrible to think that the British were jointly responsible for the mass slaughter of 100,000's of innocent civilians....

....Illegal & immoral war that made me ashamed to be British.

The whole world is looking a bit scary at present with the rise & rise of the islamist terrorists in Africa, The deepening crisis' of Iraq & Syria...the rapidly escalating stand-off between Russia & Ukraine & the impending 2nd coming of the financial crisis in Europe coupled with the peoples shift towards "nationalism" resulting in the rise of far-right & extreme left-wing political parties.....

War..huh...what is it good for? Its good for business!

Still....At least Its the world cup innit....:p

Otis

What we need is an alien invasion.

Then the world will unite as one!!

Though in saying that, we will probably be obliterated by double pump action ray guns in about 2 days flat, so won't be united for very long.

We can then go back to fighting again in heaven ... or hell ... or in limbo ... or wherever we all end up after death.

Sky Blue Pete

That c**t Blair reckons he's got the answers.....so lets just send him over there with a target painted on his back.

Disgraceful that we went there last time around.....Horrible to think that the British were jointly responsible for the mass slaughter of 100,000's of innocent civilians....

....Illegal & immoral war that made me ashamed to be British.

The whole world is looking a bit scary at present with the rise & rise of the islamist terrorists in Africa, The deepening crisis' of Iraq & Syria...the rapidly escalating stand-off between Russia & Ukraine & the impending 2nd coming of the financial crisis in Europe coupled with the peoples shift towards "nationalism" resulting in the rise of far-right & extreme left-wing political parties.....

War..huh...what is it good for? Its good for business!

Still....At least Its the world cup innit....:p

What we need is an alien invasion.

Then the world will unite as one!!

Though in saying that, we will probably be obliterated by double pump action ray guns in about 2 days flat, so won't be united for very long.

We can then go back to fighting again in heaven ... or hell ... or in limbo ... or wherever we all end up after death.

The major issue for me in 2003 was the inability to show the plan that what was left after the intervention would be better than what there was.

We shouldn't have got involved cause we had no plan

Sky Blue Kid

It doesn't help when ungrateful reporters have to be rescued by people like my son who risked his and his fellow squad members, only to be slagged off by the c**t who got himself kidnapped.

Otis

We should have done the job properly In the 90's when we had a mandate.

Not sure it would have helped much Wingy.

images

What were you proposing we would have done back then, kept whacking the Republican Guard over the heads with magazines?

Macca

Ok now this might come over a little right wing but why not nuke everywhere from Turkey to China. Chuck in Somalia if there are any left. Am I being unreasonable?

Otis

Ok now this might come over a little right wing but why not nuke everywhere from Turkey to China. Chuck in Somalia if there are any left. Am I being unreasonable?

Yeah, you're right Macca. Just a little right wing.

SkyblueBazza

very tricky situation, basically we shouldn't be there!!!!

Very tricky because we need their oil - & know they'll reduce supply to hike the price if left to their own devices.

What the "West" seems to largely ignore in these situations is that these countries have a different culture, belief system, attitude & needs to ourselves. Unless we return to what is now largely considered barbaric, murderous ways of past colonial generations...we shall be unable to impose a new culture upon them. If we return to past colonial ways...the movers & shakers there will be no better off (tyrannised) & for the average bloke in the street/field it's business as usual...just a different killer/bully.

PUSB

dutchman

There are currently five rival Sunni factions fighting in the region.

A good way to unite them all is for the 'west' (ie: America and its stooges) to wade in on the side of the Shi'ites.

Users who are viewing this thread