Intresting awat Stats (1 Viewer)

honestken

games with Armstrong starting

9 games, won 1, drew 3, lost 4, scored 8, conceded 8

games without

3 games, 3 wins, scored 6, conceded 2

stupot07

And the only away game we did win with Armstrong in the side was the only away game he scored in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

rob9872

Perhaps we sit a little deeper and he gets less decent service into feet with longer balls and less support close to him. Strange because with pace from Murphy and Kent you would have actually thought it would be better for him and us, with teams more on the front foot and more space in behind.

stupot07

Is it right he's not scored away since Millwall? Bloke behind me at the last game mentioned it to his mate. But even thing else he said was rubbish so I took it with a pinch of salt!

Yes, that's correct.

He's scored 13 goals.

Home

Wigan 2
Crewe 1
Chesterfield 1
Shrewsbury 2
Peterborough 2
Barnsley 2
Doncaster 1

Home total 11 goals

Away

Millwall 2

Away total 2 goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

pusbccfc

Look how good Tudgay and even Fortune have been when they have started away...

Liquid Gold

I wouldn't drop him, we have to play him. Either he goes back to Newcastle in a few weeks in which case I want to see him play as much as possible or he stays and a great way of persuading them to let us keep him is by proving how much game time he gets

CCFC88

2 up front away from home for me, Murphy played well off fortune away at Colchester no reason Armstrong couldnt do the same.

He would benefit from playing in different systems and learning to play in different formations

Rcc
Ricketts Turner Martin Stokes
Murphy Fleck vincelot JOB
Fortune Armstrong

Would be my starting line up away from home with a bench including

Maddison Kent LLamerias

lifeskyblue

2 up front away from home for me, Murphy played well off fortune away at Colchester no reason Armstrong couldnt do the same.

He would benefit from playing in different systems and learning to play in different formations

Rcc
Ricketts Turner Martin Stokes
Murphy Fleck vincelot JOB
Fortune Armstrong

Would be my starting line up away from home with a bench including

Maddison Kent LLamerias

I'd go with that team away (mind you I would like to see tudgay alongside Armstrong to see if that works) especially against mid and lower table teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malaka

The important thing is that he is always well marked, this will create space and he has had a few assists. It would be crazy to drop him

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think it's due to us being more conservative away from home, Mowbray seems to want to control the game and play more possession and keep the ball away from hime rather than the wave after wave of attack we get at home

Gazolba

games with Armstrong starting

9 games, won 1, drew 3, lost 4, scored 8, conceded 8

games without

3 games, 3 wins, scored 6, conceded 2

Your stats are completely meaningless. A team is 11 players, not 1.

stupot07

Your stats are completely meaningless. A team is 11 players, not 1.

They're not completely meaningless. They're interesting, and no ones blaming Armstrong, but the stats to show an interesting anomaly.

You'd be happy to use the stats the other way, showing how important he is, the BBC and Sky sports do it all the time when a players out injured - "with Gerrard v without Gerrard. In fact we did it last season with Johnson.

Anyway we're at home today and Armstrong " scores when he wants, he scores when he wants, Adam Armstrong, he scores when he wants" #pusb

stupot07

Wasn't Robbie Keane a homer in that wonderful spell?

Yeah - just looking at soccerbase he scored at Tottenham and Sunderland the other 10 goals he scored at home.

That was the season we failed to win an away league game.

Users who are viewing this thread