Video Interview with Dave Boddy (1 Viewer)

mark82

We are very grateful for the season tickets we got, at the time as a family we was going through a very hard time which made it impossible for us to get to season ticket . When THE BOYs granddad seen some of his vlogs he got us the away tickets just so we could make memories. With the shirts we had to saved really hard to buy them so we could give the club something back to say thanks.

We know how lucky we was to get tickets and for that we thank everyone who donated to it , THE BOY has donated to it this year . He has all so given the family zone his sky blue signed set of wheelchair trims signed by league two winning team , and this season he will give them his two tone set sign by the league 1 champions, to help them raise money to carry on the great work they do. (these sets are one of a kind no one else has them)
Please don't think we took advantage of the help we got as that was not the case.

You don't need to justify yourself. You were fully deserving and the decision would still be the same.

If I'm honest, I struggle to understand how people think spending £40 on a shirt for your child is comparable to spending over £300 on season tickets. I mean, do people think that people who receive tickets should be barred from buying their kids birthday and Christmas presents? I can only assume these people aren't parents themselves.

That aside, as I must have said a million times now, the decision isn't always purely financial. There are many other considerations around personal circumstances that are considered.

If people don't think helping a young disabled boy watch his team on a regular basis, who otherwise wouldn't be able to do so, then I don't think anyone is worthy. It's clear from the videos the passion he has, and I'm pleased we could be a part of that.

better days

We are very grateful for the season tickets we got, at the time as a family we was going through a very hard time which made it impossible for us to get to season ticket . When THE BOYs granddad seen some of his vlogs he got us the away tickets just so we could make memories. With the shirts we had to saved really hard to buy them so we could give the club something back to say thanks.

We know how lucky we was to get tickets and for that we thank everyone who donated to it , THE BOY has donated to it this year . He has all so given the family zone his sky blue signed set of wheelchair trims signed by league two winning team , and this season he will give them his two tone set sign by the league 1 champions, to help them raise money to carry on the great work they do. (these sets are one of a kind no one else has them)
Please don't think we took advantage of the help we got as that was not the case.
Good to hear

pipkin73

I know what your saying, at the moment i am so broke due to the Covid situation. I am slowly getting more work but still not enough to pay my bills (landlord has been understanding). By the end of the year i should be back to where i was before but i'm so far in debt now it will take a couple of years to get back on my feet. Don't let people not understanding things can change or like in your case your lads grandad helped out effect you. Like you said, your son is now doing things in his own way to contribute to this seasons fund and show his gratitude.

Nick

Administrator

You really don't need to justify yourself at all. All that matters is that he is more city mad and his little face has lit up every time he sees a game or the players.

Him giving away is signed rims is an amazing gesture, fair play to him

You and him were the perfect reason for this to be setup.

Macca1987

In this world everything is always subjective, I believe MMJ and the guys have done what they believe is best for the situation and given out season tickets in the right manner. No-one will possibly ever get it 100% right, but seeing the young lad and how it's helped him is just amazing. Let's look forward to many more families being helped through this fantastic scheme, and many more kids becoming SKY BLUE

Nick

Administrator
In this world everything is always subjective, I believe MMJ and the guys have done what they believe is best for the situation and given out season tickets in the right manner. No-one will possibly ever get it 100% right, but seeing the young lad and how it's helped him is just amazing. Let's look forward to many more families being helped through this fantastic scheme, and many more kids becoming SKY BLUE

Exactly, there will always be dickheads trying it on to blag something for free. We did weed a fair few of these out and they didn't get a thing.

All you have to do is see pictures of the boy at games or his videos and you can really see how much it means to him, to be honest that's something money can't really buy.

shmmeee

Can I ask that people don't make snap decisions without knowing the full picture. We shouldn't be putting people in the position to feel they have to come on a public forum to justify themselves sharing personal information. It's just wrong.

If anyone has concerns please approach myself or @Mild-Mannered Janitor privately and we'll look into it. We don't want trial by public opinion.

And if you dont like what Mark and MMJ say, message me and Nick to find out how blunt it could’ve been ;)

Users who are viewing this thread